Job Title:Executive Correspondence Officer
Agency:Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts
Job Announcement Number:13-DD-678647
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, November 01, 2012 to
Friday, November 16, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Excepted Service Permanent|
|1 vacancy -
Washington DC, DC United StatesView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|This vacancy is open to current or former federal employees who live in the Washington, DC commuting area and employees of the Federal Judiciary (AO or U.S. Courts) nationwide.|
The Administrative Office of the United States Courts (AO), the central support agency for the Judicial Branch of the Federal government, provides a broad range of administrative, legal, financial, management, program, and information technology services to the federal courts nationwide. The AO is proud to serve and support the Judiciary in carrying out its constitutional mission to provide equal justice under law.
The AO is seeking a highly skilled professional to serve as the agencys Executive Correspondence Officer. The position is located in Washington, D.C., and is part of the Director/Deputy Directors Office. The Executive Correspondence Officer is responsible for managing the AOs correspondence system, including screening, assigning, tracking, and reviewing outgoing and incoming correspondence. In addition to overseeing the day-to-day operations of the correspondence unit, the Officer also is responsible for the electronic distribution of communications judiciary-wide, for coordinating responses agency-wide, and for maintaining the AOs automated correspondence tracking system.
This position is classified and paid under a broad-banded compensation system. Salary is commensurate with experience. AO employees are eligible for Federal and Judiciary benefits.
This position is designated as confidential or policy-determining under the Administrative Office (AO) Personnel Act, Section 3(a)(5)(B) and, as such, is not covered by the AOs personnel regulations developed under the AO Personnel Act of 1990.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Successfully completion of a background investigation is required.
- Periodic re-investigations are conducted.
- All requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
DUTIES:Back to top
The incumbent of this position serves as the agencys program administrator for developing and implementing the AOs correspondence policies and managing the agencies correspondence tracking system, including correspondence preparation and review. The incumbent must have an excellent command of proper writing techniques and must possess a thorough knowledge of procedures and protocols of a controlled correspondence system, including appropriate correspondence format; approval levels; and correspondence distribution. The ideal candidate will be able to interpret and apply a variety of policies related to incoming and outgoing correspondence. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and managing the workflow of all written, printed and electronic communications to the AO Director;
- Reviewing, editing, analyzing, and routing incoming and outgoing congressional and executive correspondence;
- Reviewing outgoing correspondence for the Directors signature to ensure completeness of the response, accuracy, tone, clarity and conformance with applicable agency correspondence standards and procedures;
- Identifying priority and sensitive correspondence, researching and tracking appropriate office actions;
- Coordinating with program offices to ensure timely responses, standardized replies as appropriate, and appropriate signature levels;
- Administering an electronic broadcast application to ensure efficient communication with federal courts;
- Administering an automated tracking system for the flow of incoming and outgoing executive correspondence;
- Developing, implementing, and modifying agency policies on correspondence management, and ensuring that appropriate coordination is achieved;
- Serving as the web liaison for the executive office on all documents posted to the Judiciarys intranet (J-Net);
- Serving as a member of the Emergency Communications Team and as the communication officer for the AO Director with the federal courts during an emergency; and
- Providing oversight and supervision of support staff.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Applicants must have demonstrated experience as listed below. This requirement is according to the AO Classification, Compensation, and Recruitment Systems which include interpretive guidance and reference to the OPM Operating Manual for Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions.
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience which is in or directly related to the line of work of this position. Specialized experience is the demonstrated ability to work with high-level officials, manage multiple changing priorities, develop and analyze communications, and administer an automated tracking system. Familiarity with electronic dissemination of communications is desired.
ADDITIONAL ASSESSMENT: Applicants who meet the specialized experience requirements also will be assessed on the following Technical Qualifications. These qualifications should be evident in your resume.
Technical Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing with high-level government officials and their staffs;
- Use sound judgement and discretion in handling sensitive, confidential information;
- Work independently using established policy and guidance; and
- Exercise a high level of attention to detail in completing all work.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your resume and supporting documentation will be reviewed and the information will be compared to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. If you meet the minimum qualifications, your application package will be evaluated to assess the quality, depth, and complexity of your accomplishments, experience, and education as they relate to the requirements listed in this vacancy announcement.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package, which includes:
- Your Resume - in any written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications;
- Cover letter a detailed cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications. Please include your country of citizenship in the cover letter or resume;
- Complete Occupational Questionnaire; and
- Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) If you are not an AO employee, you must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 to verify your current Federal employment status.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Friday, November 16, 2012.
You are encouraged to complete the application process online. To begin the process, click on the Apply Online button of this screen to create an account or log into your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure that you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process. To return to your saved application, log in to your USAJOBS account at http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/ and click on Application Status.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID Number: 678647. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
Alternative Application Process
If you cannot apply online:
- Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire, and
- Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire http://www.opm.gov./forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf and
- Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Do not use a separate cover page. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
Please refer to the "How to Apply" section.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Your application will be reviewed to determine if you meet the required qualifications. If qualified, the application package will be referred to the evaluating official for consideration. You will be contacted if further information or interviews are required.