Job Title:Office Clerk (Student Temporary Employment Program), GS-0303-1/4
Department:Department Of Justice
Agency:Offices, Boards and Divisions
Job Announcement Number:ENRD-12-033-STEP
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$24,061.00 to $43,074.00 / Per Year|
|Wednesday, May 01, 2013 to Friday, May 3, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|01 vacancy -
San Francisco, CA United StatesView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens|
This position is located in the Environment and Natural Resources Division (ENRD), Natural Resources Section (NRS), in San Francisco, California. NRS handles a number of diverse issues ranging from litigation to protect our nation's resources and public lands to defense of the public fisc against claims by private property owners for alleged "takings" and by Native Americans for alleged trust breaches. By virtue of our responsibility for all litigation under the National Environmental Policy Act, we defend the decision-making processes of almost every federal agency. Recent examples include litigation over agency decisions related to the gulf oil spill, renewable energy projects, and snowmobile use in national parks. Our attorneys practice in both Federal and State courts. NRS is the second largest section in the Division with approximately 80 attorneys who are assigned to one of five litigating teams. Our practice involves:
- Emergency litigation defending against temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions;
- Defense of the decisions of administrative agencies in accordance with the review standards of the Administrative Procedure Act
- Original actions in the Supreme Court, tried before a Special Master; and
- Trial and pre-trial practice in inverse condemnation, water rights, and Indian trust case with the emphasis on the preparation of expert testimony
ENRD is a great place to work. The office is located in downtown San Francisco with convenient access to BART, MUNI, and the Transbay Terminal. ENRD has been named as the number one best federal agency subcomponent to work for in "The Best Places to Work in the Federal Government" rankings for the past three years. We place a high Value an diversity of experience end cultural perspective and encourage applications from all interested eligible candidates, including candidates from a!1 ethnic and racial backgrounds, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
To learn more about ENRD visit us at: http://www.justice.gov/enrd/About ENRD.html
This position is for an Office Clerk under the Student Temporary Employment Program (STEP). Job opportunities can range from summer jobs to part-time, full-time or intermittent positions that last as long as you are a qualified and eligible student.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Suitable for federal employment; as determined by background investigation.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered/exempt from Selective Service.
- Must be seeking a degree, diploma, or certificate.
- Must be able to type 40 words per minute.