a. Citizenship. Citizen of the United States.
(1) Graduate of a degree program in pharmacy from an approved college or university. The degree program must have been approved by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE), or prior to the establishment of ACPE, have been a member of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP).
(2) Graduates of foreign pharmacy degree programs, or those who graduated from a U.S.-based non-ACPE accredited degree program meet the educational requirement if their degree is found to be equivalent to degree programs recognized by the ACPE.
c. Licensure. Full, current and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the Unites States (i.e., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia. The pharmacist must maintain current registration if this is a requirement for maintaining full, current, and unrestricted licensure.
EXPERIENCE: Completion of the equivalent of 1 year of creditable experience at the GS-11 grade level which is directly related to the work of the position to be filled, or completion of a post-Pharm.D. American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) accredited Residency.
You will be rated on the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilitities, and other Characteristics (KSAOs) as part of the assessment questionnaire for this position:
1. COMPREHENSIVE PHARMACEUTICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES.
2. ABILITY TO ENSURE SAFE AND EFFECTIVE MEDICATION MANAGEMENT IN DIRECT PATIENT CARE.
3. ABILITY TO ESNURE ACCURATE MEDICATION ORDERS.
4. ABILITY TO PROVIDE ACCURATE DRUG INFORMATION AND TRAINING.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or résumé. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application, résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment. You may also be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview. In responding to structured interview questions you should be sure to cite specific examples of experience, explain exactly what you did, and the outcome.