Job Title:Executive Assistant, GS-301-11/12 (Open to all U.S. cictizens) DB
Department:Department Of Transportation
Agency:U.S. Department of Transportation
Job Announcement Number:RITA.M-2012-0002
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, March 8, 2012 to
Monday, March 19, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - -
|1 vacancy -
Washington, DC, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Applications will be accepted from any U.S. citizen. A separate job announcement is being advertised for applicants eligible for status consideration. Current and former status employees and veterans who qualify under VEOA are encouraged to also apply to announcement: RITA.M-2012-0003.|
The Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA) coordinates the U.S. Department of Transportation's (DOT) research programs and is charged with advancing the deployment of cross-cutting technologies to improve our Nation's transportation system.
This position is located in the Office of the Administrator of Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA) and reports to the Office of Administration in RITA. You will serve as Executive Assistant to the Administrator in RITA. You will provide administrative support for the Administrator. The RITA coordinates the U.S. Department of Transportation's (DOT) research programs and is charged with advancing the deployment of cross-cutting technologies to improve our Nation's transportation system.
RITA is looking for an experienced motivated and self-reliant candidate willing to learn and adapt to change in working with skilled professionals that ensure the safety and fairness of the transportation industry. This position is located in the New DOT building, which sits directly across the street from the metro and blocks away from the new National's Baseball stadium. RITA has flexible work schedules and flexible health benefits.
- You must be a U.S. citizen & meet specialized experience.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date.
- Provide all required documents by closing date.
- Position is telework eligible.
- Announcement also advertised to status applicants: RITA.M-2012-0003.
- Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Executive Assistant, you will:
Serve as a technical resource expert in RITA operations to personnel within the office and is responsible for the conduct of a broad range of office management and administrative activities.
Prepare the Administrator for official travel advising officials of itinerary, attending to followup courtesies and preparing travel authorizations and vouchers.
Coordinate studies, analyses and surveys of programmatic functions and methods, processes and procedures to resolve substantive issues and activities.
Establish and maintain subject files in connection with the work under the Administrator responsibilities and areas of special interest to meet current needs and demand for material.
Act as a proactive personal representative of the Administrator, in telephone, email, and personal contacts with high-ranking officials within the agency, and other federal agencies.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must (1) meet the experience qualifications for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
||To qualify on Education, you must have:
||To qualify on Experience, you must have one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:
||3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree OR Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree
||Experience managing and carrying out the operational administrative functions of an office pertaining to travel, executive correspondence and records management for the highest levels of authority in an office.
||You can also qualify based on a combination of Education and Experience
||There is no education substitute
||Experience managing and carrying out the operational administrative functions of the office pertaining to travel, executive correspondence, record management AND advising on organizational and administrative policies and practices to support the mission of the program.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of four categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over non-veterans. The top rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. If your resume does not support the specialized experience, or if your application does not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified and/or you may be disqualified from consideration.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit a complete application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents) no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
- To begin, click the Apply Online button on the job announcement.
- Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
- You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
If you are having difficulty applying online, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (202)366-1298.
The following documents must
be provided by the close date:
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
- RESUME - Showing relevant experience and education and fully supporting the required specialized experience.
- COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE
- TRANSCRIPTS - verifying that you meet the stated education requirements, if you are qualifying based on education. The transcripts need not be official.
- VETERANS - In order to be considered as a preference eligible, you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD214. Your DD214 need not be official but must show the type of discharge and dates of active duty. If you are claiming preference eligibility as a disabled veteran, you must submit proof of entitlement of this preference which is normally a valid letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs certifying to the present existence of the service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of your disability.
- SPECIAL APPOINTING AUTHORITY DOCUMENTS - If requesting concurrent consideration for Non-competitive (NC) appointment eligibility (e.g. military spouse or persons with disabilities), you must provide appropriate supporting documentation such as PCS orders describing move & marriage certificate; letter from VA or DD214 describing 100% disability of spouse; letter from State Vocational Office certifying disability, etc. For more information, visit military spouse NC appointments or Persons with Disabilities NC appointments. Documents are only required if requesting non-competitive consideration.
- DISPLACED EMPLOYEE PLACEMENT DOCUMENTS - Only required if requesting priority consideration under CTAP/ICTAP. You must submit ALL of the following: (1) your most recent performance appraisal, (2) the proof of eligibility letter from the Agency, and (3) your most current SF-50, displaying current series and grade. In addition, you must meet the well qualified standards for this vacancy (falling in the Gold Category).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check your application status into by logging into your USAJOBS account. Within two weeks of the closing date, your application will be reviewed and rated. The most highly qualified candidates in the top group will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring manager will contact you directly. Once a hiring decision is made, we will notify all applicants of their final status.