Job Title: Information Technology Specialist (Support)Job Announcement Number: 12-FMS-111-P
Department: Department Of The Treasury
Agency: Bureau of the Fiscal Service (FMS)
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Thursday, February 16, 2012 to
Thursday, February 07, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
This position is at the full performance level. -
This is a full-time permanent position.
WHO MAY APPLY:
U.S. citizens; no prior Federal experience is required. Current permanent Federal employees in competitive service positions, former Federal employees who have reinstatement eligibility, and individuals who are eligible to apply under special appointing authorities may wish to apply for this same vacancy under Merit Promotion Job Opportunity Announcement 12-FMS-110MP. Please refer to that vacancy announcement for details on eligibility and how to apply.
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
**PLEASE NOTE: This announcement may remain open for a period of one year, with an initial cut-off date of February 21, 2012. Following cut-off dates will be made on an as needed basis, until the position is filled. It is not necessary to reapply for each cut-off, however, applicants may update their application at any time during the announcement period.
As the Government's financial manager, the Financial Management Service (FMS) provides central payment services to federal agencies, operates the federal government's collections and deposit systems, provides government-wide accounting and reporting services, and manages the collection of delinquent debt owed to the government. We are looking for highly qualified individuals to meet the challenges of expanding electronic services and processes to our customers and the American public. A successful incumbent will ensure that appropriate operations, applications, and infrastructure are available to permit Federal Finance to effectively address organizational needs while successfully seeking out opportunities to provide Federal Finance technology efficiencies in regards to future business endeavors. This position is located in the A/C Federal Finance area, Cash Management Infrastructure Group, Management and Program Support Division in Washington, DC. Key Information:
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
DUTIES:Back to top
As an Information Technology Specialist (Support), you will:
Lead and coordinate several IT related matters, including but not limited to requirements definition, system development, system support, infrastructure, security, and communications.
Provide leadership for program support to include coordinating with other organizations, agents, vendors, and associated contractors. This work includes project team leadership, planning, coordinating among project members, and documentation development. The work also involves the demonstration of sophisticated technical expertise and communication skill working with representatives of FMS and other agencies, various technical specialists and project specialists.
Determine the impact of changes to existing systems or supporting infrastructure.
Mentor junior staff.
Lead and coordinate the selection and application of appropriate problem solving methods and techniques, provides advice on work methods, practices and procedures, and assists project teams and or individual members in identifying the parameters of a viable solution.
Develop project plans; set priorities and deadlines for completion of work; and assign work to project team members based on priorities and deadlines.
Analyze and evaluate both general and specific laws, regulations, and policies affecting the management of IT systems in order to recommend or implement proper methods and solutions that satisfy requirements. Recommendations may be presented to the appropriate officials as written products and or oral briefings.
Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with high-level personnel both within and outside FMS to coordinate, review, and implement new system initiatives and resolve complex problems.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
In order for your application to be considered, you must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience may include:
- Experience being a project manager or leading a team.
- Conducting formal and informal meetings involving presentations to decision makers.
- Applying professional IT principles, techniques, hardware and software in order to provide advisory, planning and customer service assistance.
- Applying IT concepts and methods in the design, development, implementation and operational support of IT programs.
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your:
- Responses to the online questions, and
- Required supporting documents.
We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
- Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible.
- Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Technical Knowledge, Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills, Project Management/ Leadership, and Effective Communication skills. We may lower your rating if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Category Rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three categories, Gold, Silver, or Bronze, depending on your experience and education related to this position. Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
- Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application will be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must be rated in the middle category, or higher, in order to be considered as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process. To preview questions please click here.