Job Title:Response Division Director, GS-0301-15
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Federal Emergency Management Agency
Job Announcement Number:MG-2012-90625-LDC-606616-DM
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$121,337.00 to $155,500.00 / Per Year|
|Tuesday, February 14, 2012 to Tuesday, February 28, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy -
Philadelphia Metro Area, PA United States|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|US Citizens and Status Candidates|
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce.
Who May Apply
- All U.S. Citizens
- Current federal employees serving under a career or career-conditional appointment
- Persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special hiring authorities
- Persons eligible under an Interchange Agreement (click here to view a list of covered agreements)
- Veterans preference eligibles or veterans who have been separated from the Armed Forces under honorable conditions after substantially completing at least three consecutive years of active duty (click here for information on veterans)
- For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
This position serves as the Response Division Director for Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Region III, in Philadelphia, PA. The Response Division Director is responsible for managing, directing and supervising a staff composed primarily of program and technical specialists and subject matter experts. The incumbent provides leadership, direction, guidance and coordination to the state and local governments of the Region in developing, planning and implementing FEMA Disaster Operations programs. When directed, serves as Federal Coordinating Officer, overseeing the Federal response to presidentially declared disasters and possesses Disaster Recovery Manager Authority to expend funds for this purpose. The employee in this position, as directed, may also serve as the Regional Response Coordination Center (RRCC) Director, and serve as acting Regional Administrator (RA) in the absence of the RA and the Deputy RA.This position starts at a salary of $121,337 (GS-15, Step 1), with advancement potential to $155,500 (GS-15, Step 10). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of FEMA Region III's Response Division.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: For all nonbargaining unit positions, the following applies: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance.
- You may be required to undergo periodic drug testing.
- This position will require occasional non-emergency travel.
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
- Males born after 12/31/59 - Selective Service Registration required.