Job Title:Managing Director (Administrative Services and Human Resources), MC-201-2c
Agency:Millennium Challenge Corporation
Job Announcement Number:MCC-598307-12-012-DAF-MP
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, January 30, 2012 to
Friday, March 2, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy -
Washington DC Metro Area, DC United States|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)|
Whether you are new to the Federal Government or an experienced professional seeking a career change, visit our Website at www.mcc.gov to see the kinds of dynamic projects our staff are undertaking. If you want a career where you can see the difference your work makes, then join the Millennium Challenge Corporation!
This position is located in the Administrative Services and Human Resources Division, within the Department of Administration and Finance, at the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).
*VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT MODIFIED TO EXTEND CLOSING DATE.*
- U.S. Citizenship
- Background investigation or security cleaarance required
- Relocation expenses will not be paid
- Occasional domestic and foreign travel may be required
DUTIES:Back to top
As the Managing Director ASHR, you will serve as a key member of the management team of the Department of Administration and Finance with responsibility for planning, directing and supervising MCC human resources and administrative services programs (such as facilities, conference room management, building services, supplies, transit programs, etc.) to ensure a highly skilled workforce and high quality administrative services.
- Serve as the Human Capital Officer and principal advisor to all MCC departments on human resource management issues and programs with responsibility for planning, developing, and implementing policies, programs, standards, and systems for effective acquisition, utilization, development, and evaluation of the MCCs workforce.
- Develop, communicate, and maintain a human capital strategy that addresses the workforce needs of MCC.
- Assess departmental staffing needs and analyzes the financial implications to ensure staffing decisions fit within budget plans.
- Provide high quality and timely services to all MCC departments including administrative services; overseas administration; staffing, skill assessment, position description development; classification, pay setting; recruiting; delegated examining; policy; human resource management systems; human capital reporting and planning; employee relations; performance management; awards and recognition; on-and off boarding; retirement counseling; and training and workforce development.
- Strategically manages, budgets, and utilizes the Departments human and administrative services resources. Ensures that the workplace fosters the development of staff, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and support constructive conflict resolution.
- Ensures an affirmative application of MCC policies concerning equal opportunity by ensuring that personnel management within the organization is accomplished without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, handicap, or national origin. This includes the responsibility for keeping abreast of developments, policy issuances, and other similar material in the equal opportunity field, and for fully supporting MCCs Equal Opportunity Program.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
For Pay Band 2c: Applicants must have had one year of specialized experience comparable to the MCC Pay Band 3a or GS-15 or equivalent, which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Specialized experience is experience planning, directing and managing a comprehensive federal human resources management program; experience designing, developing, and implementing innovative and flexible human resource strategies and initiatives which ensure the effective acquisition, utilization, development, and evaluation of an agencys workforce; and experience that has involved working with senior managers on sensitive or controversial human resources issues AND is considered the agency expert in at least two of the following areas: staffing/recruitment; training including leadership and career development; position management/classification; labor/employee relations; and human capital planning/succession planning.
Note: This experience MUST be well documented on your resume or application.
Qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume and required documents to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. If you meet basic qualification requirements, your application will be further evaluated based on your responses to the on-line questionnaire. Your answers to the on-line questionnaire will be used to evaluate your competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Knowledge of federal Human Resource laws, policies, regulations and precedents of key functional areas of human resources management including classification, staffing and recruiting, benefits and compensation, performance management and employee relations.
- Skill in the analysis of the budget implications of different staffing and business services delivery models and making recommendations on policies and processes to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of support services.
- Skill in managing, leading, directing and supervising a workforce providing human resources and administrative services for a major organization.
- Ability to devise and implement strategic plans to address human capital and administrative support management challenges including improving customer service.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, other Federal agencies, and private sector individuals and organizations on human resources and administrative support issues.
Your resume must specifically and clearly show how you meet the qualifications required and your possession of the required KSAs/competencies. Based on the information you provided in your application package, we will assign you to one of three quality categories - Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or your responses are not supported by your resume, your score will be adjusted. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to ensure the work history portion thoroughly documents the duties, responsibilities, and accomplishments that are directly related to this position in order to verify specialized experience.