To qualify for this position, your resume must show sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the position for which you are being considered. All qualification requirements, including completion of college degrees, must be met by June 30, 2012. Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors.
A degree that meets the requirements through one of the following methods, no more than 10% of academic credit can be based on pass/fail or similar non-traditional grading systems.
- 2.95 GPA overall or higher in last 2 years (= or less than 10% Pass/Fail)
- 3.45 GPA or higher in major or last 2 years in major (=or less than 10% Pass/Fail)
- Upper 1/3 ranking in graduating class (you must submit proof with your application)
- National Scholastic Honor Society. Membership in a freshman honor society cannot be used to meet the requirements of this provision. (you must submit proof with your application)
One year of graduate education (18 semester hours) in any field of professional engineering or a Masters degree in Business Administration. OR
Successful completion of a 5-year program of study of at least 160 semester hours leading to a bachelor's degree in engineering. OR
Experience: One year of professional experience in an appropriate field comparable in difficulty and responsibility to the GS-5 level work or equivalent in the Federal service that equipped applicants with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of a Financial Management Analyst. OR
Combination of Education and Experience: Applicants that possess a percentage of the required professional experience and a percentage of the required graduate level of education such that, when the percentages of the required graduate education and specialized experience are added together, they equal 100%. (Only graduate education and only professional experience equivalent to the GS-5 or higher is creditable.)
NOTE: APPLICANTS QUALIFYING BASED ON EDUCATION OR A COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE MUST SUBMIT A COMPLETE COPY OF THEIR TRANSCRIPTS. DEGREE AUDITS ARE NOT AN ACCEPTABLE SUBSTITUE FOR OFFICIAL/UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS. You may submit your transcripts or a list of courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned , through the "Application Manager" or by fax. This is the only method in which transcripts can be submitted. Failure to provide this information may result in an ineligible rating. (Faxing instructions may be found under the "How to Apply" section.)
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying.
As part of the application process, applicants will be required to complete and submit an occupational questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire and determine if your experience matches the skills required for this position, click the following link:View Assessment Questions
Please read and follow the How to Apply section of this announcement to submit your application.
- A Secret security clearance is a requirement of this position. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a position offer or removal. If you possess a security clearance, please indicate the level and termination date in your resume.
- Selectee may be required to successfully complete a probationary period. Applicants will be required to sign a mobility agreement upon acceptance of position. Failure to agree to mobility agreement will result in revocation of a position offer.
- A 40 hour work week is typical for this position.
- A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report ot any of the scheduled appointments.
This position has promotion potential to the 12 grade. If selected below the full performance level, incumbent may be noncompetitively promoted to the next higher grade level after meeting all regulatory requirements, and upon the recommendation of management. Promotion is neither implied nor guaranteed.
This position can be filled at either the GS-7 or GS-9.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Important Notes: Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in your not being considered for this position.
You will be rated based on your qualifications for this position as evidenced by experience, education and training you report relative to this position which shows that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities required:
· Skill in applying and interpreting budgetary policies and practices.
· Knowledge of commonly used budgetary, accounting, and/or financial administration practices, procedures, regulations and policies.
· Skill in analyzing, interpreting and applying financial information.
· Knowledge of the financial mission, function, goals and objectives of the organization.
You will be rated under Category Rating procedures based on the extent to which your experience meets the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for the position and rated as shown below. Additional points are not added for veterans' preference; however, preference is still applied. Applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories:
- Best Qualified- Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed will above the minimum requirements for announced position.
- Highly Qualified- Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for announced position.
- Qualified- Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for announced position.
Within these categories, applicants eligible for veterans' preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.