Job Title:Risk Analyst (GIS), GS-0343-11/12
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Federal Emergency Management Agency
Job Announcement Number:MG-201290265-LDC-570551D/M
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$61,245.00 to $95,429.00 / Per Year|
|Monday, December 19, 2011 to Monday, January 9, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy -
Philadelphia Metro Area, PA United States|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|US Citizens and Status Candidates|
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce.
Who May Apply
- All U.S. Citizens
- Current federal employees serving under a career or career-conditional appointment
- Persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special hiring authorities
- Persons eligible under an Interchange Agreement (click here to view a list of covered agreements)
- Veterans preference eligibles or veterans who have been separated from the Armed Forces under honorable conditions after substantially completing at least three consecutive years of active duty (click here for information on veterans)
- For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
- This position is located in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Region III, Mitigation Division, Risk Analysis Branch. The selected candidate serves as Risk Analyst with expertise in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and full responsibility for all activities involved in Risk Analysis and GIS support to the Mitigation Division and reports to the Risk Analysis Branch Chief. This position starts at a salary of $61,245. Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Risk Analysis Branch Team in Region III.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: FEMA employees are subject to 24 hour on-call in the event of any emergency. This service may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites that require functioning under intense physical and mental stress.
Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
- You may be required to undergo periodic drug testing.
- Occasional travel (up to 20%) may be required.
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
- Males born after 12/31/59 - Selective Service Registration required.