Department: Department Of Homeland Security
Agency: Transportation Security Administration
For further information concerning U.S. citizenship, please Click Here.
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please Click Here.
This position is located at Sloulin Field International Airport in Williston, North Dakota. Employees at this location also receive a 20% retention incentive in addition to the salary information listed above.
Salary Information: The salary range listed above includes locality pay of 14.16%. TSA has also approved the payment of a biweekly retention incentive at this location in order to recruit and retain highly qualified employees. The retention incentive is based on 20% of basic pay; and indefinite continuation of the payment is contingent upon approved funding. The current starting hourly rate for this position inclusive of retention is $17.94.
Hiring: TSA may apply a gender-specific (male or female) hiring preference to fill TSO positions in order to meet security mission and same gender pat-down job-related requirements. At airport locations where it is necessary to apply the hiring preference, candidates of the needed gender will be provided preference in the scheduling of the computer based aptitude test, airport assessments, processing and selection.
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Securing Travel, Protecting People-At the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. Across the nation, you will be on the front line of the Department of Homeland Security's TSA team as they secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and public transit systems, thus protecting our transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce.
Realistic Job Preview: The Realistic Job Preview gives you an honest, objective and vivid portrait of what it means to work as a Transportation Security Officer (TSO) and provides employee testimonies about both the good and the challenging aspects of being a TSO. To view the video, please Click Here.
- Occasional Travel
- A minimum of two (2) weeks of travel in a full-time duty status will be required to complete TSA’s New Hire training. New Hire training and travel requirements vary by duty location and may require up to six (6) weeks of full-time duty status travel. This training will occur away from the employee’s airport of record. Employees will be paid for compensable hours and reimbursed for authorized travel expenses per TSA Travel Policy. While employed with TSA, other occasional travel may be required.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National at time of application submission
- Be at least 18 years of age at time of application submission
- Pass a Drug Screening and Medical Evaluation
- Pass a background investigation including a credit and criminal check
- No default on $7,500 or more in delinquent debt (but for some bankruptcies)
- Selective Service registration required