Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including time-in-grade restrictions, specialized experience and/or education, as defined below.
Current federal employees applying for a promotion opportunity must meet time-in-grade (TIG) requirement of 52 weeks of service at the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the position being filled.
FOR THE GS-07 LEVEL:
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-05 level) that may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors which demonstrates:
- Working in an accounting and administrative systems such as the Financial Management Modernization Initiative (FMMI), Concur, Integrated Acquisition System, or similar, commercial off-the-shelf system.
- Generating accounting reports and interpreting that data.
- Utilizing the accounting codes and applying to funding for expenses.
1 full year of graduate education in accounting, finance, economics, mathematics or closely related discipline.
OR Superior Academic Achievement:
To qualify based on superior academic achievement, you must have completed the requirements for a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution AND must meet certain GPA requirements.
FOR THE GS-09 LEVEL:
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-07 level) that may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors which demonstrates:
- Experience with state and federal regulations and regulatory provisions applied to the appropriation and budgetary process required to compile, organize and track continually changing expenditures.
- Experience working with a Cost Management System or a similar ledger system for creating planned/committed ledger entries, salary projections, allocations, and agreements for reconciling and analyzing continually changing financial data.
- Experience organizing financial data, contracts/agreements, invoices, and budgetary documents to complete work accurately and in established formats.
master's or equivalent graduate degree in a field directly related to the position such as business administration, accounting, finance or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience are qualifying for this grade level.
are required if:
- You are qualifying for the position based on education.
- You are qualifying for this position based on a combination of experience and education.
- You are qualifying for this position based on Superior Academic Achievement.
- This education must have been successfully completed and obtained from an accredited school, college, or university
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-7/9 GRADE LEVEL: Applicants may have combinations of successfully completed education and specialized experience to meet total qualification requirements. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify for that grade level.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.