Who May Apply
: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility
for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel Workforce
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
No specific length of experience is required. However, your application packet must show sufficient experience and training to indicate that you can perform the work of the position Lock & Dam Equipment Mechanic Supervisor, WA-5318-09. Your resume must document your ability to Supervise others as a Lock and Dam Equipment Mechanic Supervisor, WA-5318-09. Applicants will be rated on a points system based on responses to the below elements. Applicants must obtain a minimum of 2 points on the screen-out element to be found qualified for the position.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of a(n) Lock and Dam Equipment Mechanic Supervisor without more than normal supervision. Ability to Lead or Supervise - Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprint reading)
- Ability To Lead or Supervise
- Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
- Knowledge of Materials
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
- Trouble Shooting
- Physical effort: Work requires frequent standing, stooping, stretching, climbing, and crouching. Lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 lbs. Uses coordination of eyes, hands, and feet and also of legs and body in installing, repairing or testing equipment in confined areas such as manholes and in operating the rail-mounted cranes on the dam; climbs ladders and poles.
- Working conditions: Work is performed inside and outside during the day, and at night as required by emergencies, on high structures over water that is frequently turbulent, in the proximity of moving machinery and high tension electrical wires, and on scaffolds or slings. Occasionally works behind bulkhead in tunnels below water level or in dewatered lock chambers. Incumbent is subject to falls, drowning, electrical shocks, injury and discomfort, exposure to moving equipment and machinery, loud noises, inclement weather and dangerous icy conditions. Uses safety equipment such as life vest, protective ear devices, hard hat, hard toe shoes, respirators and protective clothing.