Who May Apply: This announcement is open to current, permanent DFAS employees in the competitive service, Eligible DoD PPP Military Spouse preference applicants and current DFAS VRA employees.Position Is Located In: INFO & TECHNOLOGY DIR OFFICE; CORPORATE SYSTEMS; INTERNAL SYSTEMS; CONTENT SERVICES; ZTEC.Learn more about this agency
This job announcement may be used to fill similar positions on other teams in the Information Technology Directorate.
- Deploys, configures, and maintains SharePoint systems and SharePoint server farms.
- Performs monthly maintenance on the system and applies monthly system critical patch updates and upgrades.
- Manages the entire life cycle of SharePoint services used to ensure optimal performance.
- Designs and develops SharePoint sites, features, libraries, lists, and workflows to meet business needs and adhere to industry best practices and standards.
- Administers the SharePoint platform by backing up SharePoint metadata and handling user and group permissions.
- Mitigates security vulnerability scans which could include resolving Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Registered for Selective Service (males born after 12-31-1959)
- Suitable for Federal employment
- Time after Competitive Appointment: Candidates must have served 3 months after latest competitive appointment in the Federal service.
- This national security position, which may require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
- Time in Grade Requirement - see the Qualifications field below for more details.
- Obtain/Maintain DoD-approved Cybersecurity Certification
QualificationsBasic Requirement: Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating the following competencies appropriate to, or above, the level of this position. For vacancies below the full-performance level of the position, the basic requirement will be evaluated on a developmental basis. Your resume and work experience should clearly support your ability to meet these competencies and will be evaluated as part of the entire application process.
Attention to Detail - experience reviewing my own information technology-related work or data and have been asked by others to review their work or data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency with standards.
Customer Service - experience maintaining relationships with customers, assessing current information technology needs of customers, and developing or identifying information technology products and services that are tailored to meet customer needs.
Oral Communication - briefing mid-level management and IT staff on the status of information technology systems, projects, or daily operations, including the communication of technical information to a non-technical audience.
Problem Solving - identifying alternatives to address complex information technology-related issues by gathering and applying information from a variety of sources that provide a number of potential solutions.
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-11) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized Experience is defined as: Experience in SharePoint administration, basic knowledge of Microsoft Information Server (IIS) and Standard query language (SQL) Server, familiarity with Active Directory, written and verbal communication skills, and proficient in Microsoft computer applications; AND IT-related experience demonstrating Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, and Problem Solving as described in the vacancy announcement.
Time-in-Grade: Current or former federal employees who have held a GS position in the preceding 52 weeks, must meet the time in grade requirement. Applicant must have served 52 weeks as a GS-11 or higher grade in Federal Service.
**Combination of education and experience is not applicable for this position.**
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience at this grade level.
- Moving expenses WILL NOT be paid.
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 makes certain reimbursements/payments taxable. For information on these changes and the Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA), for which some appointees are eligible, click here.
- For positions where relocation is paid (see Location block of vacancy announcement), you can learn more about relocation allowances and entitlements.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
- We may use this announcement to make a temporary promotion. For some positions, the temporary promotion may be made permanent without further competition.
- Selections are subject to restrictions resulting from the DoD Program for Stability of Civilian Employment.
- A two year probationary or trial period may be required.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 120 days of the closing date.
- This position is EXEMPT from the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Travel requirement is 1-24%.
- This position IS covered by a bargaining unit.
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.
- Per DFAS 8570.01-I, as a CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, this position requires the selected candidate to obtain and maintain a DoD-approved baseline Cybersecurity certification, applicable workforce qualification requirements, and, if applicable, computing environment certificate. The selected candidate must meet these requirements within six (6) months after entry on duty. Failure to do so may lead to removal from the Federal service.
- DFAS recognizes the value of competencies gained through formal education and professional certifications. To ensure that consistent credit is given for these credentials in the selection process DFAS has developed standard selection criteria to be used when filling positions in professional and administrative series. Selections for professional and administrative positions will be based on four categories of selection criteria: Experience, Other, Education, and Certifications.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
All information included in the resume and Occupational Questionnaire is subject to review and verification. HR will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be further evaluated based upon information you provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. If a determination is made that the work experience described in your submitted resume does not support your responses to the self-assessment questionnaire, your score may be reduced, and you may lose consideration for this position. If you are already a DFAS employee, you may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including removal from Federal service, if you are found to have exaggerated, embellished, inflated, mischaracterized, or falsified your resume or qualifications.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Customer Service
- Database Administration
- Information Systems/Network Security
- System Administration
- Systems Administration (SYSADMIN)
- Technical Competence
You may preview the assessment questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11221694
DFAS recognizes the value of competencies gained through formal education and professional certifications. To ensure that consistent credit is given for these credentials in the selection process, DFAS has developed standard selection criteria to be used when filling positions in professional and administrative series. Selections for professional and administrative positions will be based on four categories of selection criteria: Experience, Other, Education, and Certifications.
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Résumé: You are encouraged to choose only ONE method of submitting your resume. (HR will review the resume that the system date stamps as the latest one received and this may not be the resume, which best reflects your qualifications for the job and may result in an ineligible rating.) You may submit your resume by: attaching in your USAJobs account; uploading in your Application Manager account; OR faxing. For assistance in preparing your resume, take a look at the DFAS Resume Tools.
- Complete Assessment Questionnaire: Your resume must describe the quality of work in regards to responses to the occupational self-assessment questionnaire as they generate your numerical rating.
- Other Supporting Documents.
- Military Spouses: Spousal Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders, marriage certificate/license and the Self-Certification form are required to claim Military Spouse Preference.
The following supporting documents are ONLY required if applicable to your personal qualifications or status. They must be received by the closing date of the announcement.
- Transcripts and/or Certifications: You must submit documentation if you are substituting education for experience. Many applicants must also submit documentation for proof of meeting the basic education requirement. For additional information on acceptable documents or to see if you must submit documentation click here Transcripts and Certifications. You must also document your education and/or certifications in your resume.
- SF-50: With the exception of current permanent DFAS employees, current or former federal employees must submit a Notification of Personnel Action reflecting the highest grade held on a permanent basis, tenure and appointment type.
- Veterans Documentation: Review these authorities and documents verifying eligibility for VEOA, VRA and/or 30% or more disabled veterans hiring authorities.
- Military Spouse: Click here to review this authority and the documents you are required to submit.
- ICTAP Eligibles: A copy of the RIF separation notice and SF50 if available.
- Other Special Hiring Authorities: Click here to review these authorities and the documents you are required to submit.
- You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package. See required documents below.
Click 'Apply Online' to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
1. Follow the prompts to complete the assessment questionnaire and upload required documents.
2. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application.
3. Check application status by logging into your USAJOBS account, clicking Application Status, then More Information for this position. Return to an incomplete application by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
The following link will help you determine if you meet the eligibility to apply for this position:
PLEASE NOTE: You will be considered only for those appointment eligibilities for which you select, attach supporting documentation and are found eligible.
Agency contact information
HR Customer Care Center
AddressDFAS - INFO AND TECHNOLOGY DIR OFFICE
4800 Mark Center Drive
Alexandria, VA 22350
DFAS' (Defense Finance and Accounting Service) mission is to lead the DoD (Department of Defense) in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas.
Salary Range By Location:
- Columbus, Ohio 80,208-104,275
- Cleveland, Ohio 80,743-104,970
- Indianapolis, Indiana 78,136-101,581
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Defense Finance and Accounting Service, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
The occupational questionnaire and the resume that you submit will be used to assess your qualifications for the job, and to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps has been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612941100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.