This position is part of the Air Force Elements, U.S. Transportation Command, Transportation Command. The incumbent will serve as a Senior Data Engineer, implementing integrated strategic requirements for USTRANSCOM, the Joint Deployment and Distribution Enterprise (JDDE) and the Department of Defense.Learn more about this agency
The position(s) covered by this vacancy announcement is in the Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo). For more information please see: AcqDemo
This position is being filled under DoD Modified Direct Hire Authority, Section 1109; PL, 116-92, dated 12/20/2019.
As an IT SPECIALIST (PLCYPLN) at the NH-2210-4 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serves as a senior technical expert, preparing critical assessments of cloud and data solutions and services to oversee procedural and technological solutions to current and future complex issues.
- Provides expert data oversight leading design, implementation, operations, and sustainment initiatives in support of the Command's priorities.
- Leverages unique Command, Control, Communications, and Cyber expertise across all disciplines to implement integrated cloud, data, cybersecurity, and sustainment strategies.
- Leverages forward thinking to ensure that cloud and data governance processes conform to the Command's policies and strategies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Must be able to obtain/maintain Non-Critical Sensitive/Secret clearance. Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- Financial Disclosure: Required (OGE-450), In accordance with the Ethics in Government Act 1978, employee is required to file an OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, upon appointment and will be required to file annually
- Overtime: Occasionally
- Recruitment Incentives: May be authorized
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt
- Tour of Duty: Flexible
- Telework: telework eligible
- Work Schedule: Full time
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
- Travel and relocation expenses, if approved, will be paid IAW JTR and AFMAN 36-606
- Occasional Travel
You may qualify at the NH-04, if you fulfill the following qualifications:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the NH-03 (GS-13) grade level in the Federal service as listed below:
- Researches, analyzes, and recommends emerging IT products and technologies to meet mission objectives.
- Analyzes systems processes, identifies shortfalls, assesses alternative solutions, provides recommendations, and implements plans and procedures based on data-driven metrics.
- Migrates, operates, and manages applications in a cloud environment.
- Provides engineering reports, plans and studies, migration strategies, technical analysis, cost estimates, technical papers, and other information on information systems.
In addition to meeting qualifications, your application package must reflect the applicable experience to meet the Individual Occupational Requirements for the 2210, series as listed below:
For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below. The employing agency is responsible for identifying the specific level of proficiency required for each competency at each grade level based on the requirements of the position being filled.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this position.
This is a Key Position. Incumbents must be removed from their military recall status if alternatives for filling the position during an emergency are not available.
This position DOES NOT meet criteria for re-employed annuitant. The DoD criteria for hiring Re-employed Annuitants can be found at:http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/1400.25-V300.pdf
All applicants must meet qualifications and eligibility criteria by the closing date of the announcement.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx )
How You Will Be Evaluated
Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply to this vacancy. Your application (resume and supporting documentation) will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required as listed on the announcement under qualification requirements.
Per Section 9905 of title 5, U.S. Code (U.S.C.) Veterans Preference do not apply to this vacancy announcement.
Your complete application includes your COMPLETE resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
The following documents are REQUIRED
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format. It must include your name and contact information and support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain the number of hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e.," HRS per week and month/year" or "HRS per week and month/year to present").
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply Online to access an online application. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account or you may need to create a new account.
You will be taken to an online application. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation, and submit the application.
You will receive an email notification when your application has been received for the announcement.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the More Information link for this position. The Application Status page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and your responses submitted to the online application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process. To preview the questionnaire, please go to https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11170230.
Agency contact information
USTRANSCOM Servicing Team
508 Scott Drive
Bldg 1900 E
Scott AFB, IL 62225-5357
The US Transportation Command provides responsive air, land, and sea transportation support to deploy, sustain, and redeploy US military forces worldwide during peace and wartime. USTRANSCOM is also responsible for coordinating and overseeing the end-to-end global logistics and supply chain management systems within the DoD. USTRANSCOM seeks highly skilled applicants in a variety of fields to include: Acquisition, Information Technology, Strategic Planning, Financial Management, Logistics, and Supply Chain Management.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Air Force Elements, U.S. Transportation Command, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
A list of qualified applicants will be created and sent to the selecting official. All applicants reviewed and/or referred will receive a notification letter.
The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews, and once the selection is made, you will receive a notification of the decision.
REGARDING INTERVIEWS: Interviews may be required for this position. Accommodations may be made to conduct telephonic interviews to preclude travel hardships for applicants.
NOTE: Declining to be interviewed or failure to report for a scheduled interview will be considered as a declination for further consideration for employment against this vacancy.
This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607306200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.