This position is located at MWR Thunder Mountain Activity Center on Fort Huachuca, AZ. This is a flexible position (0-40 hours) with no eligibility to participate in NAF Employee Benefits Plans.Learn more about this agency
To expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information for professional and personal references on your resume.
This announcement has an initial cutoff date of Monday 12 July, 2021 at 11:59 PM (EST). For further information please see the Additional Information section below.
- Must be able to set tables, arrange place settings and table decorations, as well as clear and clean tables and other customer service areas
- Required to receive guests, make suggestions and answer questions about food, wines and other items available and take orders
- Must place order with and receive food and beverages from kitchen and bar when required
- Required to maintain sales records and collect cash or payment by credit card
- May provide work direction to other dining room staff as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Appointment subject to favorable suitability determination.
- Incumbent must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, as well as lift and carry items weighing less than 10 pounds
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours annual refresher training.
- Must meet state/local age (19 years of age)requirements at the time of appointment if serving alcoholic beverages (Projected Appointment Date: 08/05/2021).
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15j(1). Incumbent may also be required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally-controlled facilities.
- Must be willing and able to work a varying schedule to include Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, as well as occasional Holidays
QualificationsThis Vacancy Announcement has been extended with a new closing date of Tuesday, 27 July 2021 at 11:59 PM (EST).
1. Must possess work experience setting up tables in a dining room, serving requested selections to patrons, and clearing tables upon completion of the meal.
2. Must possess basic mathematical skills in order to compute patron bills and give change.
3. Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
4. Must be at least 19 years of age at the time of appointment. (Projected appointment date: 08/05/2021)
Please Note: In order to meet the minimum requirements for this position, your experience MUST be clearly stated in your resume. Incomplete applications will be rated as ineligible.
Additional information on the requirements and duties for this position can be viewed here.
This position does not have an education substitution.
This Vacancy Announcement has been extended with a new closing date of Tuesday, 27 July 2021 at 11:59 PM (EST).
This Announcement has an initial cutoff date of Monday 12 July, 2021 at 11:59 PM (EST). All eligible applicants who apply by this date will be referred to management at that time. All additional eligible applicants who apply after this date will be referred at management's request.
Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and Non-US Citizens within 35 miles of Fort Huachuca. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
- If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 12:00 pm (noon) by 07/27/2021 in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- This position is eligible for Night Differential and Sunday Premium Pay.
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and paste this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ).
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Any individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who is not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable to the individual, will not be hired.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, K.S.A's where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor.
Please refer to our Application Information Kit for further information on eligibility and required documentation.
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA Form 3433
- DD 1300
- VA Documentation
- PCS Orders
- Proof of Marriage Status
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
Important: Documentation demonstrating eligibility for NAF Hiring Preference or NAF Hiring Priority Consideration are required to be included with your application. For Military Spousal Preference, complete and legible PCS orders must be uploaded at time of application to include all pages in order to substantiate eligibility. Applicants that do not substantiate their claims at the time of application will have their applications adjusted and receive consideration as an Outside Applicant Non-Veteran (OANV), or highest preference or priority consideration claimed and substantiated at time of application.
For additional information please view our Application Information Kit.
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Number (VIN): 11163597. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
AddressEJ-NAF-W6CFAA US ARMY GARRISON FT HUACHUCA
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Huachuca, AZ 85613
The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
MWR honors its commitment to Soldiers and their Families by providing a variety of quality-of-life services, recreational activities, and special events. Youth programs, child care, recreational rentals, golf, horseback riding, swimming, bowling, arts & crafts, and shooting sport are just some of things our employees call a job!
Fort Huachuca is located 75 miles southeast of Tucson, AZ. We are nestled at the foot of the Huachuca Mountains and enjoy the benefit of some of the best climate in the United States.
Please visit the Fort Huachuca web site for more information at https://www.huachuca.army.mil/.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Army Installation Management Command, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606455300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.