The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and Non-Citizens. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
- Keeps records of quantities of beverages dispensed and submits requirement for re-stocking to supervisor.
- Stocks bar. Keeps bar, utensils, equipment and work area clean and sanitary.
- Records sales, makes change or prepares charge slips in accordance with operating procedures.
- Assists customers by discussing beverages available, their contents and mixing special drinks according to customer direction.
- Operates a full-service bar, mixing and serving the full range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training is required within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours refresher training annually.
- Must be willing to work irregular hours such as nights, weekends, and holidays.
1. Must meet state/local age requirements for the serving of alcoholic at the time of appointment.
2. Be able to lift and carry weights up to 40 pounds.
3. Possess math skills necessary to calculate bills and take inventory.
4. Skill in mixing and serving alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages.
5. Ability to monitor and direct the work of other bar staff.
6. Work experience as a full service bartender.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 2:00 PM on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf. (If URL does not work, please copy and paste into browser).
- Applications are valid for 90 days after referral date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA Form 3433
- PCS Orders
- Proof of Marriage Status
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for O2NAFEM2111163502SR11163502. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
Fort Riley NAF Human Resources Office
AddressEM-NAF-W0VMAA US ARMY GARRISON FORT RILEY HQ
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Riley, KS 66442
Fort Riley, "Home of the Big Red One" (1st Infantry Division), is known for its excellent training, abundant recreational opportunities, rich history, and tremendous relations with surrounding communities. Fort Riley is in the Central Flint Hills Region of northeastern Kansas, one hour west of Topeka, the state capital, and two and a half hours west of Kansas City. Fort Riley boasts a variety of thriving communities, with the closest being Junction City, Ogden and Manhattan.
SpareTime Interactive Entertainment, a 35,000-square foot amusement complex that features family friendly dining and entertainment including the X FACTOR GRILL and the Pin Setter's Club.
This is an open continuous announcement. All qualified applicants will be forwarded to management on a weekly or as needed basis. This is an Intermittent (flexible) position with scheduled hours between 0-39 hours per week.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Army Installation Management Command, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606445700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.