This National Guard position is for a Production Controller, Position Description Number D0749000and is part of the Arkansas Air, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED
1. Implements preliminary (advance) maintenance plans for assigned weapon systems and schedules immediate maintenance for transient aircraft. Designates, maintains and monitors current maintenance repair priorities of aircraft to ensure actuality and compliance with flying schedules. Authorizes and assigns aircraft maintenance jobs, job control numbers either manually or through a computerized maintenance system, work priorities, and start and completion times f or scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of aircraft. Conducts the control and dispatch of shop assignments. Monitors progress of job completion by dispatched personnel. Controls maintenance on assigned aircraft and related support and training equipment. Takes prompt and decisive action to make on- the-spot adjustments to maintenance repair priorities necessitated by unscheduled maintenance requirements, and incorporates all unscheduled maintenance into a daily plan.
2. Maintains visual aids depicting status of maintenance actions in progress, specialist availability and status of aerospace vehicles, aerospace ground equipment (AGE), training equipment, transportation and tow vehicles, munitions loads, arming of guns and munitions, and location of aircraft and dispatched AGE. Maintains a visual schedule of daily flying, noting deviations and cancellations.
3. Coordinates with Materiel Control on mission capable (MICAP) and non-mission capable status (NMCS) of parts, adjustments to in-shop work priorities, and verification of urgency of need designators. Determines the source of supply for cannibalization actions.
4. Coordinates with Quality Assurance on functional check flight (FCF) requirements, Air Operations on flying schedule, other maintenance shops for coordination of repair work and with other functional areas as required.
5. Requests necessary support services such as fire fighting activity standby, fuel and defuel and civil engineer support. Directs physical movement of aircraft and aerospace ground equipment.
6. Controls the maintenance communications and transportation systems to provide for the effective transmission of information and movement of material and maintenance personnel.
7. Develops and maintains current procedural check sheets for use during actions such as mass loads combat turnaround, broken arrow (nuclear emergency), emergency notification, aircraft crash, flightline fire, severe weather warning evacuation. Monitors and revises the sequence of preselected aircraft required for contingency commitments.
8. Makes required inputs to the automated data system and retrieves data and/or computer generated products as required.
9. Conducts training of assigned military personnel.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Military Grades: Enlisted
- Minimum Military Grade:
- Maximum Military Grade: NTE E-7/MSgt
Compatible Military Assignments: Selectee must be a member of the Arkansas Air National Guard and be assigned to the 189th AW in a compatible military position in Air Force Specialty Code (AFSC) 2A571. Must become compatible in the AFSC within 12 months of appointment.
IMPORTANT NOTES (AS APPLICABLE): Upon selection for this position, individual must possess or initiate a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation. A favorable determination based upon investigative results is mandatory for this position. Failure to meet these requirements will result in termination of employment. A pre-placement physical is required if not already current. Upon selection, must complete mandatory Full-Time Support (FTS) Training at the Professional Education Center (PEC) within six months of assignment (if applicable, training will be coordinated by the supervisor). Individual must meet all military requirements of the position without creating a grade inversion, as determined by the Human Resources Office (HRO). Technicians will not be militarily senior to their full-time supervisor or wage leader (Grade Inversion). Enlisted members currently at a higher grade than allowed by the position (see Military Grade Requirement above) may apply; however, they must administratively reduce prior to appointment and provide confirmation of the reduction to HRO.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
Experience, education or training which indicates the candidate can reason in quantitative terms, communicate orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner, understanding the terminology and data pertaining to repair operations and process characteristics of the production activity.
Must have at least 24 months experience, education or training preparing job or work orders; scheduling various phases of projects into the production facility; following up to see if work is progressing as planned and arranging for adjustments in materials, machine processes, and work sequencing allowing for changes. Experience with current automation support programs to input data, provide status of equipment, and monitor job order status, monitor work priorities, requisition repair parts, track repair parts status, etc.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Resume: Describing prior/current work experience (MONTH and YEAR of experience is required) which reflects the Specialized experience requirements of the advertised position.
2. Current AF Form 422 (Physical Profile Serial Report) dated within 18 months or Current Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) dated within 6 months: (Go to https://imr.afms.mil/imr/MyIMR.aspx. Click on the printer icon, select the Adobe PDF printer and click print. Save the document and submit it with your application. The date will populate on the bottom of the page when you print to PDF.)
DO NOT COPY THE SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS WORD FOR WORD AND PLACE INTO YOUR RESUME; YOU MUST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AS IT PERTAINS TO EACH STATEMENT.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
AR HRO Customer Services
AddressAR ANG 189 MAI SQ
Bldg 7300-Camp Robinson
North Little Rock, AR 72199-9600
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Air National Guard Units, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Checking the status of your application:
To better serve our members, the Technician Recruitment and Placement (R&P) section at AR HRO has implemented a new process for checking the status of an application. Applicants must send an email to email@example.com. In your email request, please provide us with the Announcement Number of the position you applied for.
This change requires some forethought on the part of the applicant. With this new process in place, applicants can expect to have a response from the AR HRO R&P section within 2 duty days. That being said, applicants checking their application status the day before a job closes stand the chance of not receiving a review.
Our goal is not to refrain from hearing from our customers, but rather to make the process more efficient for us all. Our members are our number one priority and we want to deliver high quality customer service.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604099600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.