This position is located in the Program Executive Office (PEO).Learn more about this agency
As an IT SPECIALIST (ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE/INFOSEC) you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Performs work involving identification and incorporation of new concepts and ideas for optimized business architectures in a cloud environment leveraging both Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) Software as a Service (SaaS) and custom developed applications in achieving particular missions and goals, technological trends, and significant advancements in operational and mission analysis.
- Plans, develops, schedules, and tests architectural constructs that enable more efficient, effective, and secure use of artificial intelligence (AI)/machine learning (ML)/natural language processing (NLP) in support of DCSA and other stakeholder missions using established standards to include Agile and Rapid Prototyping methodologies.
- Provides management and technical expertise to the agency in managing the development, validation, and synchronization of the organization.
- Reviews and evaluates proposals affecting business architecture.
- Researches emerging standards, tools, and techniques for both assessing and performing software and systems engineering processes.
The PEO has multiple openings for this position serving as an IT Specialist (INFOSEC), including:
- A. In the office of the Assistant Program Executive Officer for Architecture, Engineering & Data Science, working under the Chief, Enterprise Architecture & Engineering, with a focus on Cloud Architecture & Engineering, supporting the personnel vetting and or critical technology protection missions.
- B. In the office of the Assistant Program Executive Officer for Cyber Operations, working under the Chief, Mission Systems Cyber Services, with a focus on Operations, Security Operations, or Threat Identification & Evaluation.
- C. In the National Background Investigation Services (NBIS) Program Management Office (PMO) working under the Chief, Engineering & Testing, as a Cyber Manager.
- D. In the Background Investigation Enterprise Services (BIES) Program Management Office (PMO):
- Senior developer background and knowledge of WebFocus business intelligence analytic tools and geographic information system (GIS) framework for gathering, managing, and analyzing data for mapping capabilities.
- Project Manager background with experience leading technical teams; SCRUM Master certified.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be a US citizen
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service. For more information http://www.sss.gov
- Resume and supporting documents received by 11:59PM EST will be considered
- This is a Drug Testing designated position
- Position is a (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under U.S.C. 1601
- Work Schedule: Full Time
- Overtime: Occasionally
- Tour of Duty: Flexible
- PCS (Permanent Change of Station): May be authorized.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt
- Financial Disclosure: Not Required
- Telework Eligibility: This position is telework eligible
- Must possess a Computing Environment (CE) training certification at the IAM Level II.
- Must obtain all required IAM Level II certifications within six months of selection.
- The incumbent must sign a Statement of Understanding regarding the certification requirement and maintaining the appropriate certification is a condition of employment.
- This position is designated special-sensitive; the incumbent must obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
- The duties of this position may require temporary duty (TDY) travel and/or local travel.
QualificationsThe experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened from the Office of Personnel Management's (OPMs) basic qualifications requirements. See: i.e. for professional positions or positions with a basic education requirement: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0300/gs-2210-information-technology-management-series/ for OPM qualification standards, competencies and specialized experience needed to perform the duties of the position as described in the MAJOR DUTIES and QUALIFICATIONS sections of this announcement by 06/21/2021
Individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below. The employing agency is responsible for identifying the specific level of proficiency required for each competency at each grade level based on the requirements of the position being filled.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Applicant must have directly applicable experience that demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Qualifying experience may have been acquired in any public or private sector job but will clearly demonstrate past experience in the application of the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Specialized experience required for this position includes: Business Architecture and/or Enterprise Architecture in a cloud domain or cloud based system of networks and information systems; Agile software development methodologies; and information management systems development life cycle (ie. system requirements, design, test, and implementation).
Specifically, you will be evaluated on the following competencies:
1. Cybersecurity - Protect and defend information and information systems to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability. (AKA Information Assurance).
2. Information Resource Management (IRM) - Develop or implement strategy and plans for utilization, tracking and management of information resources (such as personnel, equipment, funds, and Information Technology) in order to enable organizational and enterprise missions.
3. Information Technology Test and Evaluation - Test, monitor and evaluate Information Technology technologies during design, development, procurement and/or implementation to ensure internal and external requirements are met.
4. Information Technology Configuration Management - Plan, implement, track and/or evaluate configuration/requirement changes across the enterprise and organizations.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
DCSA, as a newly designated Defense Agency is undergoing a multi-year transformation that includes a significant expansion of predecessor agencies' authorities and responsibilities. Mission accretion and associated growth in personnel and resources requires deliberate coordination and planning across operations and support activities to achieve effective outcomes while simultaneously establishing and integrating new activities, initiatives and projects. The new organization will be comprised of nearly 13,000 government and contractor personnel operation throughout the United States and overseas supporting stakeholders across the federal government.
VETERANS PREFERENCE/CURRENT OR FORMER FEDERAL
In accordance with DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, veterans preference is not required to be applied when considering candidates with prior Federal competitive or excepted service who have completed a probationary or trial period and have not been separated for cause. Therefore, veterans preference will not be applied to applicants with current federal service, or former federal civilian service meeting the above criteria.
Re-employed Annuitant: This position does not meet criteria for re-employed annuitant. The DoD criteria for hiring Re-employed Annuitants can be found at: http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/1400.25-V300.pdf
Applicants selected from this announcement may be required to serve a two-year trial period.
If selected, Federal employees currently serving in the competitive service must acknowledge that they will voluntarily leave the competitive service by accepting an offer of employment for a DCIPS excepted service positions.
If selected, non-DCIPS candidates must acknowledge in writing that the position they have been selected for is in the excepted service and covered by DCIPS.
Selection under this appointment authority does not confer civil service competitive status.
All current and former Federal employees must submit a copy of your latest SF50 (Notification of Personnel Action) showing your tenure, grade and step, and type of position occupied (i.e., Excepted or Competitive); or similar Notification of Personnel Action documentation, i.e., Transcript of Service, Form 1150, etc.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the application process is complete, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the Occupational Questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Please review the General Application Information and Definitions at:
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc.).
Your complete application includes your COMPLETE resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
The following documents are REQUIRED
1. Your resume:
If area of consideration is limited to the local commuting area, you must reside OR be currently employed within a reasonable distance of the advertised position's location(s). Please ensure your resume reflects your current home address and/or employer's address as this will be used to determine the area of consideration eligibility requirement when an SF50 is not applicable
- Narrative responses in the assessment questionnaire do not replace content in your resume or vise a versa. Experience must be described in both places for qualification determinations.
Your resume may be submitted in any format. It must include your name and contact information and support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
2. Veteran's Documents
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain the dates of employment (i.e., Month/Year to present).
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- If applying for Veteran's preference, please provide a copy of your DD214 showing character of service, SF-15 Form and VA letter showing final percentage, or certification of expected discharge or release from active duty.
- Future Military Retirees: You are required to submit a copy of your "official" Retirement (NOTE: Member 4 Copy is preferred, but we will accept copies that show character of service i.e. "honorable or general-under honorable conditions." The Member 1 copy will not be accepted), OR if your DD214 has yet to be approved, a Retirement Letter will be accepted up to 120 days prior to retirement signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters which must include your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge, Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
- IF, you are taking leave prior to your retirement date, you must provide a copy of your "approved" terminal leave request form (must show "Terminal" or "Other- Transition") or the Approved Terminal/Other-Transition Leave Start Date must be indicated on your Retirement Letter. If you are not taking leave prior to your separation date you are not required to provide a terminal leave request form or indicate a Leave Start Date on your Statement of Service.
- Future Military Separatees (Not Retiring): You are required to submit a copy of your "official" DD214 (NOTE: Member 4 Copy is preferred, but we will accept copies that show character of service i.e. "honorable or general-under honorable conditions." The Member 1 copy will not be accepted), OR if your DD214 has yet to be approved, a copy of your most recent active duty orders for separation or a statement of service letter will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation which must reflect the Type of Discharge, and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
- IF, you are taking leave prior to your separation date, you must provide a copy of your "approved" terminal leave request form (must show "Terminal" or "Other-Transition") or the Approved Terminal/Other-Transition Leave Start Date must be indicated on your Statement of Service. If you are not taking leave prior to your separation date you are not required to provide a terminal leave request form or indicate a Leave Start Date on your Statement of Service.
- NOTE: Active duty military members are not eligible for appointment unless currently on terminal leave.
- If applicable, all current and former Federal employees must submit a copy of your latest SF50 (Notification of Personnel Action) showing your tenure, grade and step, and type of position occupied (i.e., Excepted or Competitive); or similar Notification of Personnel Action documentation, i.e., Transcript of Service, Form 1150, etc. Failure to provide latest SF50 will result in you being rated ineligible for this position.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package as described in REQUIRED DOCUMENTS.
Click 'Apply Online' to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
1. Follow the prompts to complete the assessment questionnaire and upload required documents.
2. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application.
3. Applications must be received by the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To review the status of an application through USAJOBS:
1. Log into your USAJOBS account
2. Click Application Status within your profile to expand your application
3. Locate the job announcement and click the more information link under the Status column for this position. You will be routed to Application Manager. The Details tab displays by default. The Details tab displays comprehensive information about the selected Application Package including: assessment(s) and the status, supporting documents and their status, correspondence sent to you by the hiring agency, and your application processing status.
Agency contact information
DCSA Servicing Team
AddressDefense Counterintelligence and Security Agency
27130 Telegraph Road
Quantico, VA 22134
The Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) is a separate Agency of the Department of Defense (DoD) under the direction, authority, and control of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence and Security (USD (I&S). The mission of the DCSA is as follows:
-Deliver efficient and effective background investigations, adjudications and continuous vetting to safeguard the integrity and trustworthiness of an agile federal and contractor workforce, and preserve military readiness and warfighting capabilities
-Identify and neutralize foreign intelligence threats to the USG's trusted workforce and critical technologies
-Develop and articulate holistic threat picture of risk posed by foreign intelligence entities and hostile insiders, enabling the USG to strengthen our security posture, continuously protect against the evolving threat, and enable action agencies to more effectively counter adversaries
-Contribute meaningful analysis to the Intelligence Community (IC)-Manage the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) on behalf of the Secretary of Defense by clearing industrial facilities, personnel, and associated IT systems
-Identify and defeat threats presented to critical technologies and through the supply chain
-Provide education, training, research, and security awareness to DoD, other federal government organizations, and industry
-Execute enterprise management responsibilities for DoD Security and Insider Threat Programs.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once you successfully complete the application process, you will receive a notification of receipt. Your application package will be reviewed to ensure you meet the basic eligibility and qualifications requirements, and you will receive a notification. A review will be made of your online questionnaire and the documentation you submitted to support your responses. A list of qualified applicants will be created and sent to the selecting official. All applicants reviewed and/or referred will receive a notification letter.
The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews, and once the selection is made, you will receive a notification of the decision.
*NOTE: If you submit a resume but no questionnaire, you cannot be considered for the position. If you submit a questionnaire but no resume, you cannot be considered for the position. Your application will be appropriately documented and you will be removed from further competition against this announcement.
REGARDING INTERVIEWS: Interviews may be required for this position. Accommodations may be made to conduct telephonic interviews to preclude travel hardships for applicants. Note: Declining to be interviewed or failure to report for a scheduled interview will be considered as a declination for further consideration for employment against this vacancy.
The Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the point of contact for this job announcement. Your requests for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603934200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.