THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SUPERVISORY IT CYBERSECURITY SPECIALIST(INFOSEC), Position Description Number D2487000 and is part of the DE Department of Information Mgmt, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
1. Serves as the principle advisor to the G6/J6 Director and the respective staff on the latest industry and technological projections as they pertain to Cyber Security / information assurance for the network enclave infrastructure. Develops policies for organization deployed throughout the headquarters. Must anticipate the effects of new emerging technology and develop policies to control it to prevent security violations. Duties include oversight of ATCTS and accreditation of all systems IAW with all command, Army, and DOD security directives, policies and procedures. Ensures that all elements are in compliance with guidance concerning accreditation of automated information systems, risk management, control of computer viruses, and other similar issues. Ensures that a wide variety of security incidents are investigated and reported IAW with all command, Army, and DOD security directives, policies and procedures to include: computer viruses and sanitation of highly classified information from organization.
2. Provides executive leadership, guidance, and direction to ensure acquisition, development, and retention of a professional, highly capable workforce to accomplish assigned missions. Provides supervision in the daily operations for security activities for the enclave. Coordinates the work of team members to ensure that short-term and long-term goals and objectives are met. Directs, manages, and monitors a system of internal controls that ensure effective and appropriate use of resources.
3. Establishes performance standards and evaluates employee performance. Reviews and recommends approval of, candidates for promotions and recognition. Reviews and approves: work plans to be accomplished by subordinates; priorities and schedules for completion of work; sets broad objectives; monitors subordinate employees' performance in providing IT services; reviews accomplishments; and takes appropriate action of correction when deficiencies are noted. Gives advice, counsels, or instructs individual employees, on both work and administrative matters. Develops and evaluates performance standards; recommends and approves awards; hears and resolves group employee grievances or serious employee complaints. Reviews and makes decisions on serious disciplinary actions involving employees and makes decisions on work problems presented by subordinates. Initiates recognition and disciplinary actions for personnel. Identifies and arranges for appropriate training and development opportunities. Determines and approves training needs and establishes formal training plans.
4. ISSM responsibilities include (taken from DoDI 8500.01 and 8510.01): A. Support implementation of the RMF. Maintain and report IS and PIT systems assessment and authorization status and issues in accordance with DoD Component guidance. Provide direction to the ISSO in accordance with DoD, Army and NGB directives. Coordinate with the organization's cyber security service provider to ensure issues affecting the organization's overall security are addressed appropriately. Maintain a repository for all organizational or system-level Cybersecurity-related documentation. Ensure that ISSOs are appointed in writing and provide oversight to ensure they are following established Cybersecurity policies and procedures.
B. Monitor compliance with cybersecurity policy, as appropriate, and review the results of such monitoring. Ensure that Cybersecurity inspections, tests, and reviews are synchronized and coordinated with affected parties and organizations. Ensure implementation of IS security measures and procedures including reporting incidents to the AO and appropriate reporting chains, and coordinating system-level responses to unauthorized disclosures in accordance with DoD, Army, and NGB guidelines.
C. Act as the primary cybersecurity technical advisor to the AO for DoD IS and PIT systems under their purview. Ensure that Cybersecurity-related events or configuration changes that may impact DoD IS and PIT systems authorization or security posture are formally reported to the AO and other affected parties, such as IOs and stewards and AOs of interconnected DoD ISs. Ensure the secure configuration and approval of IT below the system level (i.e., products and IT services) in accordance with applicable guidance prior to acceptance into or connection to a DoD IS or PIT system.
5. Collaborates with other supervisors and managers within the directorate to negotiate, decide on, or coordinate work-related changes affecting their operations. Advises their supervisor with broader and higher responsibilities on problems involving the relationship of the work of the cybersecurity teams to broader programs, and its impact on IT Services. Serves as a technical advisor to management.
For a copy of the full Position Description (PD) please contact HRO.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Must be able to gain and maintain a TOP secret security clearance within 12 months of appointment. Failure to be able to gain and maintain a security clearance may result in removal from appointment.
- Must be able to complete the Intelligent Agent Technology (IA) Manager Level III certifications within 6 months of appointment. Failure to be able to gain and maintain the appropriate certification may result in removal from appointment.
- You must meet the time-in-grade-requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- You must meet the rank requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- You must meet the definition of specialized experience by the closing date of this announcement.
- If selected you must be able to be placed into the position within 6 months of date of selection. Failure to meet this requirement may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
Military Grades: WO3/CW3 thru WO5/CW5 and O-1/2LT thru O-4/MAJ
Compatible Military Assignments: Applicable 25 and 255 series but is not a requirement as compatibility is suspended.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education or training that has provided a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enabled the applicant to understand the stages required to automate a work process. Experience may have been gained in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: for GS-13 - Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls. Experience that required adaptations of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment. Experience preparing documentation on cost/benefit studies where is involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion.
SUPERVISORY POSITIONS: Experience in managing the function of the work to be performed. Experience which includes leading, directing and assigning work of personnel.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience - For the GS-13 level there is no substitution of education
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
2. Required documents: Resume and DNG-51R
3. Additional Documents that are not required but are accepted: Transcripts, Certifications, Licenses or anything applicable.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11127893
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
AddressDE Department of Information Mgmt
250 Airport Road
New Castle, DE 19720
FEDERAL TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS A PERMANENT NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
DE Army National Guard DOIM
AREA 1 = Permanent & Indefinite On-Board Title 32 Employees
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Army National Guard Units, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603443900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.