This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will NOT be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants should review the "How to Apply" section of this flyer for more information on how to be considered.
- Recruitment and/or relocation incentives MAY be authorized for this position.
- As an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC), you will perform the following duties:
- Analyze authorized systems and data to ensure compliance with system authorization packages and research system issues.
- Prepare assessment and authorization packages for new systems using the risk management framework (RMF).
- Identify possible system intrusions, abuse and unauthorized access.
- Prepare and present various reports of computer related analysis including vulnerability reports, risk analysis reports, security incident reports, and project updates.
- Perform cybersecurity information assurance assistance visit and follows up on inspection reports to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Develop local standard operating procedures (SOPs) to reduce errors and eliminate problems relating to information security procedures and requirements.
- Draft policies, procedures, and memorandums relating to cybersecurity.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Temporary duty travel (5% or less) away from the normal duty station.
- Criminal history background check required.
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- A pre-employment exam upon appointment and an annual re-evaluation is required to include tuberculosis testing to ensure the continued, required level of physical health and ability or fitness to perform the duties of the position.
- Incumbent of this position requires privileged access to information systems. Incumbent must possess or obtain and maintain Information Assurance Manager (IAM) Level I Certification within six months of entrance on duty.
- Incumbent of this position requires privileged access to information systems. Incumbent must possess or obtain and maintain Information Assurance Technology (IAT) Level II Certification within six months of entrance on duty.
- This position requires contact with inmates convicted of offenses against the punitive articles of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
- Compliance with all provisions of the 15th MP BDE Regulation 190-3, Rules of Conduct and ACC Policy Letter #17, Standards of Conduct required.
- This position requires the employee to complete the ACC Pre-Service Training upon employment and complete a minimum of 40 hours of training annually thereafter.
- Personnel who enter the Military Corrections Complex consent to inspection of their person and property, including their vehicle, at any time their property or vehicle is within any area under the control of the USDB or MWJRCF.
- IAW The Prison Rape Elimination Act, the MCC may not hire or promote anyone who may have contact with inmates, has engaged in sexual abuse in a prison, jail, lockup community conferment facility, juvenile facility, or other institution (42 USC 1997).
- DoDI 1325.7 states all confinement facility personnel possess a high degree of maturity and emotional stability.
- DoDI 1325.7 states all confinement facility personnel have no civilian felony convictions or court-martial convictions for any offense with a maximum authorized sentence to confinement of over one year.
QualificationsThis is a Public Advertisement for positions being filled under the Department of Defense (DoD) Direct Hire Authority (DHA) for Certain Competitive Service Positions, 5 U.S.CX. 9905, PL 115-232, 01/02/2019.
This announcement will be closed once the position is filled.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Information Technology Specialist (Systems Administration):
Specialized and Other Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes experience identifying and minimizing security vulnerabilities to protect the network and information systems. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09).
The specialized experience must include, or be supplemented by, information technology related experience (paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training, as appropriate) which demonstrates each of the four competencies, as defined:
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendation.
Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree from an accredited or pre-accredited institution in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management; or, three full years of graduate education from an accredited or pre-accredited institution that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems, or networks.
Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain the following certificate:
Tech Level II Certification: This position has been identified as covered by Army Regulation (AR) 25-2 and DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, and requires Tech Level II certification. This position requires a satisfactorily completion of the Tech Level II training and be certified or re-certified within six (6) months of being assigned in accordance with Army Regulation (AR) 25-2 and DoD Publication 8570.01-M, dated 19 December 2005.
Information Assurance Manager Certification: This position has been identified as covered by Army Regulation (AR) 25-2 and DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, and requires Information Assurance Manager (IAM) Level I certification. This position requires a satisfactorily completion of the IAM Level I training and be certified or re-certified within six (6) months of being assigned in accordance with Army Regulation (AR) 25-2 and DoD Publication 8570.01-M, dated 19 December 2005.
NOTE: If you have the Tech Level II Certificate and/or Information Assurance Manager (IAM) Level I please must submit a copy of it with your application.
Education Substitution: Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions in the qualifications section above.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- This announcement uses the DHA for Certain Competitive positions direct hire authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to certain positions in the competitive service.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 34 - Cyber Management position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.dfas.mil/civilianemployees/civrelo/Civilian-Moving-Expenses-Tax-Deduction/ for more information.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
How You Will Be Evaluated
As vacancies occur, the Human Resources Office will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this flyer. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume, along with your supporting documentation.
If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Veterans and Military Spouses will be considered along with all other candidates.
If selected, you may be required to provide additional supporting documentation.
Your complete application includes your resume and other documents which prove your qualifications and eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- Cover Letter, optional
- This position has an individual occupational requirement and/or allows for substitution of education for experience. If you meet this requirement based on education you MUST submit a copy of your transcript with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
Interested Applicants must submit resumes/application packages to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position, you must submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section above. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Alternate applications (e.g., facsimile applications) will not be accepted.
The complete application package must be submitted to the email address provided above by 11:59 PM (EST) on 06/18/2021 to receive consideration.
Agency contact information
AddressEX-APF-W6L3AA 15TH MP BRIGADE
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Leavenworth, KS 66027
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
Fort Leavenworth is located in the Greater Kansas City metropolitan area. The immediate area is considered a national treasure with historic sites and homes filled with small-town charm and friendliness merged with Kansas City retail, attractions and entertainment. Kansas City, well known for its BBQ, Jazz and fountains, is rich in culture with a thriving performing arts scene. Honored as one of the World's 15 Most Beautiful Concert Halls, the Kauffman Center attracts some of the world's most renowned performers and entertainers. For the sports enthusiasts, Kansas City hosts professional sports with the Royals, Chiefs and Sporting Kansas City soccer club. An international airport is conveniently located within a 30 minute drive of Fort Leavenworth. More information may be found at www.visitkc.com or https://garrison.leavenworth.army.mil/.
Eligible applicants will be referred to the hiring manager. The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews.
Acknowledgement and Notice of Results letters will be sent by the hiring office.
The evaluation will be based on the information you provide. You should expect that we will verify performance, suitability, and security information and take that information into account in making employment offers.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602611500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.