THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a INTELLIGENCE OPERATIONS SPECIALIST, Position Description Number D2342000 and is part of the MA ANG 102nd IW, National Guard.
- a Non-Bargaining Unit position. The unit point of contact and contact phone for this position is: CMSGT JOSEPH PITTA; firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Focal point for all Intelligence Preparation of the Operational Environment (IPOE) activities in support of specific Cyber Protection Team (CPT) or Industrial Control Systems (ICS) defense missions. Analyzes specific adversary indicators provided through their own open-source and classified systems research efforts, unit mission activities or supplied by other external agencies in order to address Commander's Critical Information Requirements (CCIRs). Participates in committees and meetings as a representative of the squadron within assigned area of responsibility. Develops all reports and other documents necessary to disseminate analysis both among the CPT and ICS defense members of the unit and out to the broader intelligence and cyberspace communities as mission requirements demand.
2. Responsible for squadron-wide intelligence projects and activities within a specifically defined within the operational cyber intelligence functional area of responsibility. Prepares studies or reports relevant to all aspects of Cyberspace Operations/Cyberspace Warfare. Produces threat analysis studies.
3. Prepares evaluations and interpretations of findings. Analyzes data collected during various types of assessments to determine and propose needed changes and improvements to procedures for information protection. Informs operators where mission findings match up with known threat indicators. Provides further intelligence and analysis to Cyberspace Operators based on these indicators in order to inform tactical planning and operations. Provides expert technical advice via the production of intelligence products i.e. presentations, intel summaries and guidance in both written and verbal formats. Safeguards classified, privacy act, and proprietary information obtained during mission activities. Researches and implements security classification guidance. Serves as squadron subject matter expert in derivative classification.
4. Coordinates with all external entities to include, but not limited to Group, Wing, 24th AF, 25th AF and supported COCOMs as well as other organizations within the intelligence and cyberspace defense communities on sources of intelligence products. Produces appropriate portions of after-action reports on all intelligence-relevant functions within the squadron as mission requirements demand. Ensures intelligence products are adequately protected and have proper classification markings.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- OPTIONAL FORM 306 IS A REQUIRED FORM, OR YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. PLEASE HAVE IT SIGNED AND DATED WITHIN THE PAST YEAR
- REFERENCE WORKSHEET IS A REQUIRED FORM, OR YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED
Military Grades: SRA-MSGT
Compatible Military Assignments: 1N0X1
AREA OF CONSIDERATION:Open to current members of the Massachusetts Air National Guard.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position Constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Massachusetts Army National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education or training which demonstrates administrative, professional, investigative, or technical work requiring the ability to deal effectively with others, to collect, evaluate and organize pertinent facts. Experience preparing clear and concise written reports.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least 36 months experience, education or training developing and recommending policy, organizing and carrying out specific programs, evaluating and recommending changes in methods of intelligence operations. Experience in administrative, investigative, or technical work which required the applicant to deal effectively with others. Experience collecting, evaluating and organizing pertinent facts and to analyze and prepare clear and concise reports.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of months/years.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
MILITARY INCENTIVES - BONUSES AND STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT PROGRAM: If you are selected for this position, you may lose your eligibility for your National Guard Enlistment/Reenlistment Bonus and Student Loan Repayment Program incentives. In order to avoid losing your incentive eligibility, you should check with your incentives manager prior to accepting an offer for the position.
For M-Day/Traditional personnel who are currently receiving incentives to include Bonuses and the Student Loan Repayment Program incentive, the following termination rule applies:
Incentive Termination without Recoupment:
If you accept an Active Guard Reserve (AGR) position or a Military Technician (Mil Tech) Permanent or Indefinite position after 25 February 2010 where membership in the National Guard is a condition of employment, your bonus will be terminated with no recoupment.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Resume with dates of experience (to include Months and Years of employment) and at least 5 bullets of work experience for the duties you performed. *REMINDER - ADD IN ANY TRADITIONAL GUARDSMEN EXPERIENCE*
OF 306 - *Please follow link to obtain OF 306: https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf (Important: OF 306 MUST BE signed and dated within 1 year of the closing date of this announcement or you will be found ineligible)
Reference Worksheet (MUST use this form) - *Please follow link to obtain Reference Worksheet: http://www.massnationalguard.org/assets/pre-employment-reference-check.pdf (Important: The attached Reference Worksheet MUST be used, and you MUST list 3 references)
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11122912
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
AddressMA ANG 102nd IW
170 Granville Street
Otis ANGB, MA 02542-1330
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Air National Guard Units, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601999700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.