This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.Learn more about this agency
About the Position: This Engineering Technician position is with the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Chemical Biological Center (DEVCOM CBC) in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
This is a Defense Acquisition Workforce Position.
- Serves as technician performing a variety of production/quality/ manufacturing support duties associated with the design, development, integration, and handling of rapid development prototype systems.
- Participates in meetings and design reviews with contractor and Government personnel to discuss the technical aspects and coordination of material management functions, including inventory management, for product development projects.
- Serves as technical consultant to leaders, managers and customers for product development support and material management; hazardous material handling and shipping, with the majority of projects involving CB defense related products or systems.
- Prepares and manages integrated systems for demonstration, deployment, test, and evaluation at remote sites. Develop and procure or fabricate packaging systems for product transportation and overseas shipment.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for 25% for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position.
- Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level II in the Acquisition Career Field Production, Quality and Manufacturing within 24 months of entrance on duty.
- This is a term position, NTE 6 years; A term position may be extended to a maximum of eight years and may be terminated at any time during the duration of the appointment, depending upon the needs of management.
- Incumbent must be able to travel away from the normal duty station up to 25% of the time.
- Position requires recurring lifting of light to moderate heavy items weighing less than 50 pounds.
- Pre-appointment physical is required.
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-9 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal service which includes; 1.) Communicating with internal and external stakeholders to accomplish the organizational mission. AND 2.) Reviewing system or product performances and transportation requirements to create a quality assurance process. AND 3.) Supporting the execution of Chemical/Biological Defense prototyping and small scale production/integration to ensure substantive results are achieved. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- All candidates who meet the basic qualification requirements will be considered. Subject to proof of AAC membership, AAC members from other services will be accepted by Army without additional review. Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology (AL&T) Workforce applicants must have an Acquisition Career Record Brief (ACRB) on file in the Career Acquisition Personnel and Position Management Information System (CAPPMIS).
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 16-Engineers and Scientists (Non-Construction) position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- This is a term position, NTE 6 years; A term position may be extended to a maximum of eight years.
- May be terminated at any time during the duration of the appointment, depending upon the needs of management.
- May be made permanent without further competition.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet the position requirements for certification at Level II in Production, Quality and Manufacturing within 24 months of entrance on duty. (Certification requirements may be found in the Defense Acquisition University Catalog at http://www.dau.mil/.) Due to the impact of the Coronavirus, individuals with entrance of duty dates prior to April 1, 2022 will have an additional 12 months to meet the certification requirements, up to a total of 36 months. Information on the Army Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology Workforce may be found at https://asc.army.mil/.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement.
If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Veterans and Military Spouses will be considered along with all other candidates.
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 06/01/2021 to receive consideration
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11115436).
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
- Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center.
Agency contact information
Army Applicant Help Desk
AddressAD-APF-W6JRAA US ARMY COMBAT CAPABILITIES DEV CMD
DO NOT MAIL
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking (as applicable) for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601973600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.