The Office of Human Resources (OHR) would like to offer qualified NCUA employees, at the CU-12 grade level or higher, the opportunity to serve on a temporary promotion or detail for 90 days with the option to extend an additional 30 days without further competition. Those who currently hold a CU-13 or higher will be considered for a detail only. If selected for this opportunity, your duty station will remain the same.Learn more about this agency
While serving on this detail or temporary promotion to a CU Examiner (National Training Specialist) you will:
- Provide guidance to subject matter experts to develop training for financial institution examiners (lesson plans, case studies, training materials, etc.).
- Identify emerging issues and determine the potential effect on examiner training.
- Provide remedial actions or changes to training plans to senior leadership.
- Develop and coach others on the development of synchronous and asynchronous training products and resources.
- Deliver technical training in both traditional and virtual classroom settings.
- Provide appropriate course comprehension feedback to participants and their affiliated trainers and supervisors.
- Develop policies, plans, standards and procedures related to the training program for financial institution examiners.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to financial institution examiners and OJTs.
- Review and ensure training materials meet the needs of adult learners.
- Recommend, develop and pilot new and revised modules for technical training courses.
- Evaluate training to ensure financial institution examiners are learning accurate and updated competencies and practices.
- Use creative training evaluation tools based on industry standard theories and measurement techniques.
- Provide training to a diverse audience with varying knowledge of the subject (i.e. adult learners).
- Oversee maintenance of training curriculum for adult learners.
- Ensure training programs are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Prioritize workload to meet multiple priorities and deadlines established by management.
75% or less - Once travel restrictions are lifted, 75% travel is required.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Suitable adjudication of background/security investigation is required.
QualificationsYou must have one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in federal service in order to qualify for this position and must currently be a NCUA employee at the CU-12 grade level or higher.
To qualify at the CU-13 level, you must have one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the CU/GS-12 level in federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). Specialized experience is defined as experience:
1. Designing, delivering, and evaluating training and employee development;
2. Conducting financial institution examinations;
3. Performing AIRES user functions such as S/L queries, Exam.xls analysis, and/or Data Communications (upload process, importing of information); and
4. Serving as a formal NCUA On the Job Trainer (OJT).
You must meet the qualifications for this position by the closing date of this announcement.
Education is not required for this position nor may be used to qualify.
SALARY: Pay will be set using NCUA's compensation policy. The salary range shown is NCUA's National Pay Rate (NPR) which does not include locality pay. Actual salary will be determined upon the location of selectee and the applicable locality pay, per the NCUA's CU pay table, will be applied. The 2019 locality rates, by location, can be found on the NCUA Careers webpage under the NCUA CU Pay Structure.
SELECTIVE SERVICE: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. You may register or check status of your registration by visiting the Selective Service website at: http://www.sss.gov/.
This position is in the bargaining unit.
Shared Certificates: Applicants may be considered for other positions within the agency that require similar qualifications and are in the same series and at the same grade level of this position.
NCUA IS A COMPETITIVE SERVICE FEDERAL AGENCY.
NCUAuses E-Verify, a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
More than the number of positions listed may be filled through this vacancy announcement.
How You Will Be EvaluatedFirst, your application package will be reviewed for completeness (resume, completed assessment questionnaire, and supporting documentation). You will not be considered if you fail to submit all the required documents as outlined in this vacancy announcement.
Second, if you have a complete application package, your RESUME will be reviewed to determine if you meet the basic qualifications and specialized experience requirements (see "Qualification and Evaluations" section). You must provide specific details in your resume as to how your experience meets the specialized experience.
Third, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the assessment questions. The numerical rating you receive is based on your responses to the questions. If upon review it is determined that your resume and supporting documentation do not support your responses to the questions, your numerical rating may be adjusted and you may be excluded from consideration for this position.
If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, your application will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration. To preview the application questionnaire, please click here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11100772.The self-assessment questions have been developed to evaluate your competency in the following areas:
- Education and Training
- Oral Communication
- Project Management
Please Note: Current permanent NCUA employees are not required to submit a Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50). Status will be confirmed by the Agency.
CTAP: Federal employees seeking CTAP eligibility must submit proof of their eligibility:
Copy of agency notice;
Most recent performance rating.
To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must receive an 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position. For additional information, click CTAP.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
2. Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- Career Transition Assistance Program Documentation, if applicable (e.g. Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal.)
YOUR RESUME MUST support your responses to the online questionnaire. Failure to provide support may result in a lower rating and/or you may be excluded from consideration. Your latest resume submitted for this vacancy announcement will be used to determine qualifications and supersedes previous submissions.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the occupational questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section. Click here to view a video for tips on how to apply for federal jobs.
Please Be Aware: During the application process, you will be asked a series of eligibility questions. Your eligibility for consideration will be based upon your responses to the eligibility questionnaire only. If you answer "no" to all eligibility questions for this position, your application will be rated as ineligible and you will not be considered for this position. If you have any questions about which eligibility applies to your situation, please call the HR Servicing Specialist indicated on the announcement.
YOUR APPLICATION AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS ( i.e. TRANSCRIPTS, CERTIFICATIONS, etc.) MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59:59 P.M. EST ON 05/14/2021 TO RECEIVE CONSIDERATION.
- To begin, click Apply Online to access an online application. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account or you may need to create a new account.
- You will be taken to an online application. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation, and submit the application.
- You will receive an email notification when your application has been received for the announcement.
- To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the More Information link for this position. The Application Status page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and your responses submitted to the online application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
Agency contact information
AddressNational Credit Union Administration
1775 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
At NCUA, differences make a difference. We value diversity of perspectives and backgrounds and are committed to building an inclusive work environment where employees can contribute to their fullest potential.
Invest in your nation's future, make a difference in your community...gain from the experience. At the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) you're not just a number, working to make quotas or improve the bottom line, you have the opportunity to make a difference. NCUA is the federal agency that charters and supervises federal credit unions and insures savings in federal and most state-chartered credit unions across the country through the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF), a federal fund backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at National Credit Union Administration, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated. You will receive another notification about the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600218800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.