DAU has a comprehensive benefits package that includes retirement, social security, and thrift savings; health, life, and long term care insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. DAU employees enjoy flexible work schedules, transit subsidy, and the opportunity to telework.
For additional information on specific health benefits, life insurance, retirement, etc. please visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp.
For additional information on the Thrift Savings Plan please visit: http://www.tsp.gov.
For additional Veteran's information please visit: http://www.usajobs.gov/ei/VetPreference.asp or http://www.fedshirevets.gov
- Positions filled will not exceed a GS-14 grade equivalency.
- Typical courses are 1 to 2 weeks in duration. Instruction is provided in government classroom facilities under the construct of generally seeking to take the instruction to the students.
- If selected for this position, you are subject to the completion of a satisfactory background investigation.
- You will be required to become a member of the Acquisition Corps. DoD instruction 5000.58R specifies qualification standards for Corps membership (waiver of some of these standards is possible in the limited circumstances described in the instruction).
- You will be required to join the DAU Faculty Plan as established by Title 10 of the US Code. This position is in the excepted service (non-career). Candidates currently in the competitive service will be required to sign a statement indicating that they are leaving the competitive services voluntarily to accept an appointment in the excepted service.
- Initial appointment is made for a period of three years, conditional upon satisfactory completion of a DAU probationary period of two years. Every year, as part of an annual review, consideration is given to extending the appointment; thus service at DAU can be extended indefinitely.
- If selected for this position, you MUST be able to begin work within 90 days of acceptance
- Initial Probationary Period: You will be required to serve an initial probationary period of 2 years.
- Drug Testing: This position may be subject to random drug testing.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application