**THIS IS TO AMEND EXC-21-039-PDC-11061291 (CHANGING DUTY STATION FROM FT. WORTH TO ALL OF THE UNITED STATES). IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED TO EXC-21-039-PDC-11061291, YOU DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY.Learn more about this agency
**CURRENT EMPLOYEES NEED NOT APPLY.
**THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND THE 2021 HURRICANE SEASON. FINAL PAY RATE WILL BE DETERMINED BY EMPLOYEE'S HOME ADDRESS AND IS NOT NEGOTIABLE.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: Due to the amount of mandatory overtime, outside employment is strongly discouraged.
As a Loan Specialist at the GS-1165-9/11, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Process home and/or business loans and make recommendations on collateral needed to secure loans.
- Apply accepted financial procedures to analyze financial resources to determine an applicant's ability to repay requested loans.
- Review all pertinent facts needed to make eligibility determinations by analyzing such factors as the nature and cause of damage, intended use of proceeds, legislative and administrative loan limits, and disposition of insurance and other recoveries.
- Ensure loan files contain all pertinent documentation to include conversations with applicants and written recommendations or justifications for conclusions.
- Process loan applications on web-based computer system.
- Respond orally and/or in writing to applicants or their representatives.
- Salary is non-negotiable; however additional locality pay may be added to the above salary based on the employee's residence or work location.
- By applying for this position with SBA's Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
- This position is telework eligible as determined by agency policy. Employees' primary residence will be their ONLY duty station and work location.
Occasional travel - On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
As required by Executive Order 14043, Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee's duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination by November 22, 2021 or before appointment or onboarding with the agency, if after November 22. SBA will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request of the agency a legally required exception from this requirement.
You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government travel credit card.
Favorable background investigation and credit check are required.
Mandatory Overtime: In order to respond quickly and efficiently to disaster survivors, substantial compensated overtime hours may be required while on assignment (up to seven days a week and ten to fourteen hours a day).
Credit Score must be at least 500.
QualificationsGenerally, time in Non-Pay status is not creditable towards the specialized experience requirement listed below.
You must meet all qualification requirements at the time you submit your application.
You may qualify based on experience or education.
Experience: To receive credit, you must indicate the month and year as well as the average hours worked per week for each employer or that experience will not be credited for meeting the specialized experience requirement.
GS-09: To qualify you must have at least 1 full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-07 level in the Federal service that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skill, and ability to perform successfully in this position. This experience may have been gained in positions such as Credit Analyst, Credit Underwriter, Mortgage Underwriter, Loan Officer, Loan Processor, Mortgage Loan Originator, etc. It may also have been gained in a Non-Federal service position. In addition, this Specialized Experience must demonstrate the following:
- Making recommendations or decisions to approve or decline residential or business loans;
- Investigating and evaluating credit histories to determine credit worthiness of individuals or businesses; and
- Processing loan applications on web-based computer systems.
- Making recommendations or decisions to approve or decline business loans;
- Investigating and evaluating credit histories to determine credit worthiness of businesses; and
- Processing loan applications on web-based computer systems.
If qualifying based on education, you must submit transcripts to be eligible.
GS-09: Must have a master's or equivalent graduate degree in a related field or 2 full years of related progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree. Recent graduates with a Master's Degree in a related field with no prior lending experience are encouraged to apply.
GS-11: Must have a doctorate or equivalent graduate degree in a related field or 3 full years of related progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree.
Related graduate education: major study-finance, business administration, economics, accounting, insurance, engineering, mathematics, banking and credit, law,, real estate operations, statistics or other fields related to the position.
A combination of experience and education as indicated above.
If you work or are expected to work at least 90 consecutive days and 130 hours per month, you will become eligible for health insurance benefits only.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applications will be reviewed for qualifications. You will be contacted directly if selected.
Toapply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume showing average hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed.
2. Completed Questionnaire
- College Transcript(s), if qualifying based on education.
- Unofficial transcripts may be submitted during the application process; however, official transcripts will be required if selected.
- Veterans' Preference documentation, if applicable (e.g. DD-214 Member Copy 4 or other DD-214 copy showing type of discharge/character of service, SF-15 Form and related documentation, VA letter, etc.)
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- College Transcript(s), if qualifying based on education.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 10/31/2021 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to access an online application. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account or you may need to create a new account.
- You will be taken to an online application. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation, and submit the application.
- You will receive an email notification when your application has been received for the announcement.
- To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the More Information link for this position. The Application Status page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and your responses submitted to the online application.
Agency contact information
AddressProcessing and Disbursement Center - PDC
14925 Kingsport Road
Fort Worth, TX 76155
Are you excited by the idea of helping to support $39 billion in small business financing and setting proper conditions to stimulate America's economic growth? SBA has been a leader in small business development for more than 60 years. In an increasingly globalized economy, we tackle challenges confronted by the small business community across geographic boundaries. Although times have changed since the SBA was founded in 1953, the Agency's mission - to promote the growth of small business - has not. Today, SBA is more vital than ever. We work in collaboration with partner organizations and use cutting-edge technologies and well-tested best practices to multiply our impact on small businesses. America's 28 million small businesses are the engine of job creation and economic growth in this country, creating nearly two out of every three new jobs in the United States and employing over half the nation's workforce. SBA ensures that these businesses have the tools and resources required to start and expand their operations, and create jobs that support a growing economy and strengthen America's middle class.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598313500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.