The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and Non-citizens within commuting area of Picatinny Arsenal, NJ or anyone who is willing to commute or relocate themselves at their own expense. Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.Learn more about this agency
This position is located at the Frog Falls Aquatic Park, Picatinny Arsenal, NJ.
- Performs checks to ensure the safe operation of the pool, it's filtration system, water balance, pool chemistry and preforms water test.
- As lifeguard, responsible for the life guarding of guests at the pools. Rescues swimmers and administers first aid as required.
- Ensures that safety rules are followed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- In case of exposure to infectious disease, incumbent is required to obtain the Hepatitis B vaccination series within a 24-hour period.
- Required to follow environmental safeguards and wear personal protective equipment.
- May be assigned to irregular duties or when needed for special recreation events and related requirements.
- Work hours may involve weekend, weekdays, holidays and night duty.
- Following certificates must be held or obtained within 6 months of appointment: American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor or nationally recognized equivalent. OR American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor.
- Appointment subject to satisfactory completion all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3 to include a Tier 1 investigation.
- Required to have background checks run to have regular and recurring contact with children.
QualificationsMust Possess and maintain the following certificates:
1. The American Red Cross "Lifeguard" certification or nationally recognized equivalent.
2. The American Red Cross "Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional Rescuer" (CPR-Pro) certification of nationally recognized equivalent.
3. The American Red Cross "Automated External Defibrillator" (AED) certification of nationally recognized equivalent.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS: Must obtain certification prior to start of pool season on 22 MAY 2021. Cost of certification will be reimbursed by the organization.
The following must be obtained within 6 months of appointment:
1. The American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor or nationally recognized equivalent. OR
2. The American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or nationally recognized equivalent.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. BE SURE TO INCLUDE ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS OF EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
- This is an open continuous announcement to provide a pool of available applicants as needed. The first cut off will be 8 April 2021. After this date, applicants will be referred to selecting officials based on the date of application or at management's request.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 12:00 noon on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ). (If URL does not work, please copy and paste into browser).
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA 3433
- Marriage Certificate
- Any supporting documents needed to support a claim of preference or priority.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard, American Cross CPR-Pro, American Red Cross AED, American Red Cross Oxygen Administration Certifications.
- PCS Orders
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Number (VIN): 11054989. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
AddressBA-NAF-W6B3AA US ARMY GARRISON PICATINNY
DO NOT MAIL
Picatinny, NJ 07806
Offering over 520,000 gallons of water adventure, Frog Falls Water Park is the happiest and most exciting place on Picatinny Arsenal! Picatinny is located in NJ, only 35 miles from New York City. Our vibrant and professional team of lifeguards, water safety instructors, recreation aids, pool operators and manager deliver 101 days of summer fun for our Annual Members. The water park hosts many special events, camps and birthday parties.
If you are looking for a fast paced, challenging and fun work experience - Frog Falls offers it all!
This is a Flex position. Flex employees are scheduled based on the needs of the activity and do not accrue annual or sick leave. For a full position description, please click on this LINK
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Army Installation Management Command, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596452100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.