THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a POLICE OFFICER T32 OPEN UNTIL FILLED, Position Description Number (PDD2155000) and is part of the AZ 161st Air Refueling Wing, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This position is in the Federal/Excepted Civil Service. The tentatively selected individual will receive an Indefinite Appointment and may be converted to permanent based on availability of funds or position no longer being encumbered.
- THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
- May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
- The duties and responsibilities of your job may significantly impact the environment.
- You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.
E-1/AB - E-7/MSgt
Compatible Military Assignments:
Must hold SF AFSC (Air Force Specialty Code) of 3P0X1, OR be eligible to obtain 3P0X1 within 12 MONTHS OF SELECTION.
This position is located in an Air National Guard Wing, Mission Support Group, Security Forces Squadron at the 161st Air Refueling Wing in Phoenix, Arizona. The primary purpose of this position is to protect Federal property from hazards such as sabotage, espionage, trespass, theft, fire, and accident or willful damage and destruction. To maintain law and order, preserve the peace, and protect life and civil rights within the jurisdiction of the military installation. Performs and enforces the full range of security forces duties within the military installation. Apprehends and detains violators of laws, rules, and regulations and turns them over to the Federal or civil police or other law enforcement officers for arrest and/or posting of collateral. Serves as a Security Forces Dispatcher for the installation. Dispatches personnel and equipment to meet emergency situations. Performs the full range of Base Entry Controller and commercial vehicle inspection duties. Performs the full range of duties for defending protection level resources (Patrol, Security Response Team (I-SRT & E-SRT). Performs other duties as assigned.
GS-06: Entry Level, should have knowledge of practical security force (SF) activities in direct support of the military weapon systems and physical security; law and order; or area security operations. May have work experiences in law enforcement, maintaining law and order, preserving the peace, and protecting life and civil rights within the jurisdiction of civilian/public areas or military installations. May have experiences in protecting federal property from hazards such as sabotage, espionage, trespass, theft, fire, and accident or willful damage and destruction. May have experiences in responding to disaster and relief operations and participates in contingencies.
NOTE: For entry appointment to the GS-06 position, the applicant requires the completion of high school or general educational development equivalency; along with the successful completion of an equivalent military security or police training course.
NOTE: Completion of high school or General Equivalency Diploma is mandatory
NOTE: Position requires routine access to Secret material; and, a current National Agency Check, Local Agency Checks and Credit (NACLC) is required.
NOTE: Must possess a valid state driver's license to operate government motor vehicles (GMV) in accordance with AFI 24-301, Vehicle Operations.
NOTE: This position is subject to rotating shifts, night shifts, and weekends/holidays.
There is no education requirement for this position.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (KSA: knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. Knowledge of the full range of security forces, and police and law enforcement services which requires considerable training, experience, and proficiency to perform the full range of operations in preventing or resolving offenses.
2. Knowledge of standardized federal laws, regulations, methods, procedures, operating techniques, Air Force instructions, state, and local laws to perform tasks including, but not limited to, pursuing and apprehending persons fleeing a crime scene; performing dispatcher duties involving passing of directions and information to officers on posting assignments; seeking, detecting, and protecting evidence and witnesses at the scene of an
incident; and detaining witnesses and suspects.
3. Knowledge of investigative techniques to adequately handle complaints and incidents which may entail performing initial investigative actions prior to transferring situation authority to other investigators.
4. Knowledge of security and security forces requirements, procedures, and tactics to support installation physical security and contingency operations.
5. Knowledge of emergency services, tactics, and procedures to include, weapons and chemical agents, negotiations, building layouts, terrorist threats and counter terrorism methods, search and rescue techniques, crowd and demonstration control, etc.
6. Knowledge of firearms and tactics utilized in emergency situations.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed or the Optional Form 612.
2. Applicant MUST submit a RIP (Report on Individual Personnel) and/or other military documentation to verify possession of Rank and AFSC.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11038335A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
AddressAZ 161st Air Refueling Wing
3200 East Old Tower Road
Phoenix, AZ 85034-7263
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Air National Guard Units, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595781300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.