This position is assigned to the Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) Fleet Readiness Branch, NSA MWR Souda Bay. Incumbent performs a variety of duties in support of the Recreation Program that may include Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) special events, MWR information/resources, command events, visiting ships or fleet support, community events, trips, tours, outings, party and picnic rental equipment, resale tickets, Library.Learn more about this agency
Performs assigned duties and provides necessary services to authorized patrons, including general information and support of recreation and fitness programs.
Provides information concerning facilities and operation.
Ensures adherence to regulations, safety and security procedures.
Assists in maintaining routine reports and/or performs clerical, custodial and/or general maintenance duties.
Performs numerous functions in support of recreation and fitness program delivery to include inventory control, equipment inspection, restocking, point of sale system operation and cash handling.
Operates a cash register, Point of Sale (POS) system, processes product or service transactions including equipment loan, rentals, resale, and program registration; receives payments and makes change.
Greets patrons in person, answers the telephone, takes messages, handles customer requests, makes referrals to the appropriate staff member.
Adheres to NAVMED P-5010 sanitation requirements.
Provides support for recreation event set up and break down.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain the following certification within 90 days of hire:Emergency First Responder or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation/Food Handlers/C.A.R.E (Controlling Alcohol Risks Effectively)
- Work may require sitting, walking, long periods of standing, bending and lifting of moderately heavy items up to 40 pounds without assistance and occasional lifting of heavier items with assistance.
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Work schedule is flexible and will vary as required by the needs of the program to include night,weekend, and holiday shifts as well as split days off.
- Occasional travel of less than 10% may be required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a National Agency Check with Written Inquires (NACI),upon hiring and renew every 5 years and/or a Child Care National Agency Check with Inquires when there is regular contact with children under the age of 18.
Knowledge of the MWR department in order to answer customer questions and/or refer customers to the appropriate activity.
Skilled in keyboarding to include operation of point of sale systems as well as desktop computers.
Ability to perform basic computer operations.
Ability to read and comprehend in order to adhere to published rules, regulations, standard operating procedures, checklists, and other guides.
Ability to perform basic custodial tasks (e.g., sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, wiping, dusting, etc.).
Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
Ability to identify customer needs, deliver expected service and/or resolve routine customer issues.
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Some positions have special requirements. Selection may be tentative pending the completion of these requirements. Applicants may be required to submit proof of education, participate in medical screening, drug testing, etc. All selections are contingent upon satisfactory employment reference checks. Employment is subject to successful National Agency Background Check. Occupants of this position must maintain the privacy of official work information and data and demonstrate the highest level of ethical conduct.
The NATO Status of Force Agreement (SOFA) between Greece and the United States prohibits the hiring of any person who holds Greek citizenship/nationality as part of the civilian component with the US Forces in Greece. Whether a person is a Greek citizen/national is a determination made under both U.S. and Greek law. In addition, U.S. citizens who are considered "ordinary resident" in Greece are also ineligible for employment by U.S. commands and activities under U.S. non- appropriated fund conditions in Greece.
The Department of Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other non-merit factor. The DON provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they require reasonable accommodation should call 011-39-081-568-5612 or e-mail their request to NAFPersonnel@eu.navy.mil to ensure proper consideration. The decision to grant an accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Using the qualifications of the position, a predetermined rating and ranking criterion of knowledge, skills, and abilities will be used for each application.
Click the following link to preview the applicant questionnaire: Preview Applicant Questionnaire.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Resume that includes relevant work experience with start/end dates stated in month/year, description of duties and salary, as well as any applicable education and contact information. For current or previous Federal employees, the resume should also include the Pay Plan, Series and Grade for each work experience entry.
- OF-306 (Declaration for Federal Employment s).
- Copy of U.S. Government no-fee passport showing picture, passport number, and expiration date.
- Preference Entitlement Survey with a complete and legible copy of sponsor's PCS orders or Command Sponsorship letter.
Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Program, if applicable.
- Proof of education and certifications/certificates, if applicable. To receive credit for education you MUST attach copies of official transcripts.
- For current or previous Federal employees, please attach a copy of your most recent SF-50 or agency notification of personnel action form (PAR) that provides current position, grade level, and duty location.
- If you are a veteran claiming Veterans Preference, please attach your DD-214 "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty," showing all dates of service, receipt of medals and campaign badges, as well as character of service (Honorable, General, etc.). The member 4 copy of your DD-214, "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty," is preferable
- If you are a U.S citizen non ordinary resident in Greece attach the Civilian Component Eligibility Questionnaire, please send an email to NAFPersonnel@eu.navy.mil to get it.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To begin the process, click on the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
- Check the status of the application system and maintenance schedule here: status.fhrnavigator.com
- If you experience technical difficulties applying online, report it here: email@example.com. The support inbox is monitored Monday through Friday, from 8 AM ET until 6 PM ET.
- Make sure your status in USAJOBS is 'Received' after you submit your application to ensure it was submitted successfully.
Agency contact information
NAF Human Resources Office (N941)
AddressCommander, Navy Installations Command
PSC 817 BOX 108
FPO, AE 09622-0108
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Commander, Navy Installations, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Please ensure that your submission contains all the information requested in the vacancy announcement. If your submission does not provide all the information requested on this form and in the job vacancy announcement, you may lose consideration for the job.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591936700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.