This position is located in the Stakeholder Engagement Division (SED) within the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA). SED develops strategic and collaborative partnerships to broaden CISA's influence and improves our coordination and integration of stakeholder relationships. SED implements and communicates engagement priorities, governance, processes, standards of practice, performance management, and analytics to facilitate an enterprise stakeholder engagement approach.Learn more about this agency
The Senior Stakeholder Advisor is responsible for identifying emerging trends relevant to CISA's priority stakeholders and ensuring that all CISA programs, products, and services are optimally designed and delivered to achieve strategically aligned outcomes.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assists the Assistant Director for Stakeholder Engagement to promote cybersecurity, infrastructure security, and emergency communications ensuring service delivery is informed by customer experience, objectives, and priorities.
- Ensures the Agency-wide Stakeholder Engagement Strategy, inclusive of guidance to assist individual customer engagement programs (e.g., exercise, training, assessment, etc., service deliveries), describes the methods and means by which to measure customer satisfaction, and that customer sentiment and remarks reflect the Agency's over organizational design and structure for service delivery.
- Serves as the SME for stakeholder analytics, trend analysis, and recommendations.
- Develops assessment strategies for determining risks and gaps in existing CISA programs and service, as a function of the stakeholder experience mapping and analysis.
- Designs new methods for measuring and improving operational effectiveness and productivity, in the context of customer experience, while providing recommendations to CISA leadership on priority issues.
- Develops and utilizes methods to identify opportunities to drive systemic change by catalyzing "force multiplying" initiatives such as grants, synergistic partnerships, innovative approaches, and regulatory alignment necessary at the Division, leadership, and workforce levels to collaborate through knowledge and information sharing, respectively, to the benefit of the customer experience.
- Builds and executes customer-centric principles, processes, and approaches to inform SED strategy and resource planning.
- Coordinates closely with SED's Associate Director for Strategic Relations and Stakeholder Management to integrate knowledge of emerging trends, threats, and techniques, as to customers of CISA's products, services, and partnership activities, in Agency strategic plans.
- Provides coaching and guidance to the Agency leadership team on stakeholder engagement success factors, techniques, and evaluation criteria.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation. This may include a credit check, a review of financial issues, as well as certain criminal offenses and illegal use or possession of drugs.
- Selective Service - males born after 12/31/59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service see http://www.sss.gov/
- Filing of OGE 278 - Public Financial Disclosure.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret (SCI) security clearance.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- You must submit to a drug test and receive a negative test result prior to appointment to this position.
- If you receive a conditional offer of employment for this position, you will be required to complete an Optional Form 306, Declaration for Federal Employment, and to sign and certify the accuracy of all information in your application.
- DHS uses e-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
- Relocation expenses are not authorized. Other recruitment incentives may be authorized.
- This position has been designated excluded from bargaining unit representation under the national security provision of 5 USC Section 7112(B)(6).
- All employees are required to participate in Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer for salary payments.
- This position may be designated as essential personnel. Essential personnel must be able to serve during continuity of operation events without regard to declarations of liberal leave or government closures due to weather, protests, and acts of terrorism or lack of funding. Failure to report for or remain in this position may result in disciplinary or adverse action in accordance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations (5 U.S.C. § 7501-7533 and 5 CFR Part 752, as applicable).
QualificationsSpecialized Experience: To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, candidates must possess specialized experience at a senior level which demonstrates ability to perform the duties of the position, including progressively responsible experience directly related to the skills and abilities outlined under the Mandatory Technical Qualifications (TQs) listed below. Typically, experience of this nature is gained at or above the GS-15 grade level in the Federal service, or its equivalent with state or local government, the private sector or nongovernmental organizations.
Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs):
MTQ 1. Ability to effectively work complex homeland security-related issues with senior officials from all branches and levels of government and with other private sector and critical infrastructure key resource owners, operators, and other stakeholders.
MTQ 2. Experience in directing and supporting large-scale public, private sector and critical infrastructure customer engagement and satisfaction operations, to include those related to service delivery and consultative services for cybersecurity and infrastructure preparedness, protection, and recovery.
MTQ 3. Experience in recommending customer excellence and experience strategies for reducing gaps and risks in customer-centric programs and developing policies for the evaluation of emerging trends to improve current customer-centric operations and/or develop future programs.
You must submit THREE written Mandatory Technical Qualifications narrative statements thatclearly and concisely document specialized experience and support your responses to the vacancy questionnaire. To preview the Assessment Questionnaire with the Mandatory Technical Qualifications narrative statements, click https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11028718
The qualification requirements listed above must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Substitution of education in lieu of specialized experience may not be used for this grade level.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
This position is at the full performance level.
This is a non-supervisory position.
Pursuant to Executive Order 12654 and DHS policy, DHS is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace and, therefore, conducts random and other drug testing of its employees in order to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. Headquarters personnel in safety- or security-sensitive positions are subject to random drug testing and all applicants tentatively selected for employment at DHS Headquarters are subject to drug testing resulting in a negative test result.
Current or Former Political Appointees: The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the Human Resources Office.
To learn more about Senior-Level positions in the Federal Government, visit OPM's website at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/senior-executive-service/scientific-senior-level-positions/(https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/senior-executive-service/scientific-senior-level-positions/)
Career Transition Assistance Program: This program applies to Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed, or employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet eligibility criteria for CTAP or ICTAP; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. Well-Qualified includes those applicants whose knowledge, skills, and abilities clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. For information on eligibility criteria and required documentation, go to: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/
For Competitive Merit Promotion and Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) Applicants: The highest rated candidates will be referred to the hiring agency.
For Non-competitive Appointment Eligibles: All qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring agency.
Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA): To be eligible for a VEOA appointment, the veteran must 1) be a preference eligible; or 2) be a veteran separated after 3 or more years of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions (you must submit a DD214-member copy 4).Interchange Agreement possess a wealth of unique talents, experiences, and competencies that can be invaluable to the DHS mission. If you are a member of one of these groups, you may not have to compete with the public for federal jobs. To determine your eligibility for non-competitive appointment and to understand the required documentation, click on the links below.
Peace Corps/VISTA volunteers,
persons with disabilities,
How You Will Be Evaluated
Your resume and responses to the Assessment Questionnaire are an integral part of the process for determining your basic and specialized qualifications for the position. Responses that are not clearly supported by your resume will eliminate you from consideration.
- Application packages will be reviewed for completeness. Incomplete or late packages will not receive further consideration.
- Basic qualifications review. Your resume and questionnaire will be reviewed to ensure that you meet the Specialized Experience and mandatory technical qualifications requirement. If you do not meet this requirement, you may not receive further consideration.
- If it is determined that you meet the basic qualifications for the position, your application package will be further evaluated by a rating and ranking panel, and highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview.
Candidates who apply under Competitive Merit Promotion procedures will undergo a quality review to determine if they are best qualified based. Qualifications will be based on the content of their resume and their responses to the questionnaire. Best qualified candidates will be referred if all required supporting documentation has been provided.
Candidates who apply under Non-competitive and Special Hiring Authorities procedures will undergo a quality review to determine if they are minimally qualified based on the content of their resume, supporting documentation submitted and their responses to the assessment questionnaire.
If you are determined qualified, you may be referred to the hiring manager for consideration and may be called for an interview. Preview the Assessment Questionnaire, click https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11028718This agency uses Category Rating Procedures. Under Delegated Examining (All U.S. Citizens), we will use your responses to the job questionnaire to place you in one of three categories. If you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be placed in one of the following categories:
- Best Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a superior level of all evaluation criteria.
- Well Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level of evaluation criteria.
- Qualified: Applicants possessing the basic qualifications, with general knowledge, skills, and abilities.
1. REQUIRED: Your resume - it must contain information sufficient to make a valid determination that you fully meet the specialized experience requirements as stated in this vacancy announcement. Insufficient information will result in a not qualified rating. It is recommended that you include the following information:
- Full name, mailing address, and day and evening telephone numbers
- Educational information, including the name, city and state of colleges or universities you attended, as well as the type and year of any degrees received
- Information about your paid and nonpaid work experience related to this position including:
- Job title (include series and grade if Federal job)
- Duties and accomplishments
- Employer's name and address
- Supervisor's name and phone number
- Starting and ending dates of employment (month and year)
- Indicate if we may contact your current supervisor
- Information about honors, awards, and special accomplishments
3. Other supporting documents (only submit if applicable):
- Are you a current or former federal employee? Submit a copy of your SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action that demonstrates your eligibility for consideration, e.g., length of time you have been in your current/highest grade (examples of appropriate SF-50s include promotions, with-in grade/range increases); your current promotion potential; proof of permanent appointment if applying based on an interchange agreement; etc.
- Are you a veteran? Submit Member Copy 4 of your DD-214 or other (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) or notice form. Those applying for 10-Point preference must fill out the SF-15 and provide an official document dated 1991 or later, from the Department of Veterans Affairs or from a branch of the Armed Forces, and/or any other associated documentation based on your preference. If applying based on eligibility under the Veterans Opportunity to Work (VOW) Act, you must submit certification from the Armed Forces that you will be discharged or released from active duty within 120 days from the date on the certification. This must indicate your dates of service, your rank, and confirm that you will be separated under honorable conditions.
- Are you claiming special priority selection rights under the Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP/CTAP)? If so, submit:
- A copy of your RIF separation notice, notice of proposed removal for failure to relocate, notice of disability annuity termination, or certification from the National Guard Bureau or Military Department that you are eligible for disability retirement;
- A copy of your SF-50 "Notification of Personnel Action'', documenting your RIF separation, noting your position, grade level, and duty location, and/or Agency certification of inability to place you through RPL, etc.;
- A copy of your latest performance appraisal including your rating; and
- Any documentation from your agency that shows your current promotion potential.
- Are you eligible for a special noncompetitive hiring authority (e.g., Schedule A Disability, Peace Corps, Former Overseas Employees, etc.)? Submit documentation of proof that supports your eligibility under a special hiring authority.
- Are you a current or former political Schedule A, Schedule C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee? Submit a copy of your applicable SF-50, along with a statement that provides the following information regarding your most recent political appointment:
- Position title;
- Type of appointment (Schedule A, Schedule C, Non-career SES, or Presidential Appointee);
- Agency; and
- Beginning and ending dates of appointment.
- You may be asked to provide a copy of your recent performance appraisal and/or incentive awards.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
Please read the entire announcement and all the instructions before you begin an application. Your resume must document specialized experience and support your responses to the vacancy questions. To apply for this position, you must complete the initial online application, to include submission of the required documentation specified in the Required Documents section. A complete application package must be received by 11:59 PM EST on 02/26/2021 to receive consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: If your materials are not received by the closing date, your application will be evaluated solely on the information available and you may not receive full consideration or may not be considered eligible. Also, if you do not provide a valid email address, you may not be notified of the outcome of your application. To begin your online application:
- Click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire and submit the required documents. See Required Documents section for more detail.
- Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package. It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
- To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the More Information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- To return to your saved application at a later date, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information.
- You are encouraged to apply online. If you are unable to apply online, please use the Alternate Application link listed in the Other Information section of this vacancy announcement. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online if at all possible. Applying online, through your USAJOBS account, will expedite the application process and allow you to check your application status as well as verify the documentation submitted with your application. If you utilize the Alternate Application method, your USAJOBS account will not display this application and you will not receive status updates.
To make an allowed update to your application, return to your USAJOBS account https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login.There you will find a record of your application, the application status, and an option to Update Application. This option will no longer be available once the announcement has closed.
To verify the status of your application both during and after the announcement open period, log into your USAJOBS account: https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login.Your application will appear on the Welcome page. The application record in your USAJOBS account provides an Additional Application Information page that provides information regarding the documentation you submitted and any correspondence we have sent related to this application. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Note: One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement. Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
Agency contact information
AddressCybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency
1616 N. Fort Myer Dr.
CISA-FMD Stop 0380
Arlington, VA 20598-0380
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) leads the national effort to defend critical infrastructure against the threats of today, while working with partners across all levels of government and in the private sector to secure against the evolving risks of tomorrow. CISA's mission includes protecting the Federal Government's networks and physical infrastructure, to helping entities in the public and private sectors manage potential risk, to enhancing public safety communications at all levels of government. CISA's multi-faceted mission is home to a wide range of career fields including cybersecurity, program management, business administration, communications, and data science.
Joining the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) means being part of the team focused on securing the Nation's physical and cyber infrastructure against threats to public health and safety, economy, and national security; we Defend Today; Secure Tomorrow.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once you submit your application, you will be evaluated on the quality and extent of your total accomplishments and experience. If, after reviewing your resume and any supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses will be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. Your application will be evaluated by an internal rating and ranking panel. Highly qualified candidates may undergo an interview and a reference check. We will notify you by email after each of these steps has been completed. Your status will also be updated on USAJOBS throughout the process.
Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
DHS offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package, including: health, dental, vision, life, and long-term care insurance; retirement plan; Thrift Savings Plan [similar to a 401(k)]; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; personal leave days; and paid federal holidays. Other benefits may include: flexible work schedules; telework; tuition reimbursement; transportation subsidies; uniform allowance; health and wellness programs; and fitness centers. DHS is committed to employee development and offers a variety of employee training and developmental opportunities. For more information, go to the DHS Careers website and select "Employee Benefits."
Thank you for your interest in the Department of Homeland Security, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591539200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.