This is an open continuous announcement. The initial cut-off date for referral is 14 days after the announcement posts, additional referral lists will be created as vacancies are available. If you are referred and not selected or receive a letter indicating you were ineligible because of missing documents you must complete a new application package for this vacancy to receive further consideration.Learn more about this agency
- This position leads and facilitates ATEC's test and evaluation efforts for systems within the Effectiveness Directorates of AEC by performing duties as a Test Manager, Safety Evaluator, Performance Evaluator, and/or AST Chair.
- Responsible for integrating all ATEC Test and Evaluation activities and synchronizing all AST products and coordinating with AST members for all formal products and briefings.
- Performs a broad range of analyses for assigned weapon systems to include contract management.
- Responsible for development of test execution (planning through data delivery); develops and presents input for all Test and Evaluation planning documents, participates in all meetings; resolves diverse viewpoints/controversial issues.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 25%for this position.
Conditions Of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Incumbent is required to submit a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE 450, upon entering the position and annually thereafter.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position.
- Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level 3 in the Acquisition Career Field Test and Evaluation within 24 months of entrance on duty.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Secret Security Clearance.
- Work requires standing, walking, occasional stair climbing and lifting of boxes, monitors, PCs, etc., some weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Corps membership is required prior to appointment unless a waiver is granted. Subject to proof of membership, Corps members from other services will be accepted by Army without additional review, applicable at the higher pay band.
- Selectees must sign an Acquisition Corps written tenure agreement to remain in the Federal service in this position for at least 3 years, applicable at the higher pay band.
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Education Requirement for Engineering-0801
A. Degree: Engineering. To be acceptable, the program must: (1) lead to a bachelor's degree in a school of engineering with at least one program accredited by ABET; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics
B. Combination of education and experience -- college-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following: 1. Professional registration or licensure -- Current registration as an Engineer Intern (EI), Engineer in Training (EIT)1, or licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) by any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico. Absent other means of qualifying under this standard, those applicants who achieved such registration by means other than written test (e.g., State grandfather or eminence provisions) are eligible only for positions that are within or closely related to the specialty field of their registration. For example, an applicant who attains registration through a State Board's eminence provision as a manufacturing engineer typically would be rated eligible only for manufacturing engineering positions.
2. Written Test -- Evidence of having successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) 2 examination or any other written test required for professional registration by an engineering licensure board in the various States, the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico.3.
Specified academic courses -- Successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and that included the courses specified in the basic requirements under paragraph A. The courses must be fully acceptable toward meeting the requirements of an engineering program as described in paragraph A.4.
Related curriculum -- Successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor's degree in an appropriate scientific field, e.g., engineering technology, physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a bachelor's degree in engineering, provided the applicant has had at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. Ordinarily there should be either an established plan of intensive training to develop professional engineering competence, or several years of prior professional engineering-type experience, e.g., in interdisciplinary positions. (The above examples of related curricula are not all-inclusive.)
Basic Education Requirement for Operations Research Analyst- 1515
A. I have a bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in operations research.
B. I have a bachelor's degree with at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus.
Basic Requirement for Physical Scientist 1301:
A. Bachelor's degree (or higher) in physical science, engineering, or mathematics that included 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and electronics.
B. A combination of education and experience -- education equivalent to one of the majors shown in A above that included at least 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science, plus appropriate experience or additional education
Basic Requirements for Biologist 0401:
1.Degree: biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
2.Combination of education and experience: Courses equivalent to a major, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
In addition to meeting ONE of the Basic Requirements above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as performing duties that include: 1) Working with teams to develop plans.; 2) Analyzing data and presenting results in reports.; 3) Managing programs for cost, schedule, and performance. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (NH-02/GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience and specialized experience--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
***NOTE: TRANSCRIPTS ARE REQUIRED even if you are a current federal employee.***
In addition to the Basic Requirement, there is an education requirement for DAWIA Certification in Test and Evaluation (Level III) which includes:
Baccalaureate degree or higher (any field of study)
A total of 24 semester hours or equivalent in technical or scientific courses such as mathematics (e.g., calculus, probability, statistics), physical sciences (e.g., chemistry, biology, physics), psychology, operations research/systems analysis, engineering, computer science, and information technology.
In addition to the Education and Specialized experience requirement, there is an education requirement for membership in the Acquisition Corps which includes:
Baccalaureate degree from an accredited educational institution and ONE of the following:
24 semester credit hours from among the following disciplines: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, and organization and management.
24 semester credit hours in the person's career field and 12 semester credit hours in the disciplines listed above. Credit hours within the person's career field may also satisfy the requirement for part or all of the 12 credit hours in the disciplines listed above. The same hours may be used to meet both requirements.
24 semester credit hours in the person's career field and training equivalent (American Council on Education recommended credits) to 12 semester credit hours in the disciplines listed above.
The educational requirements outlined under the "Requirements" section must be met and verified. Submit the following documents so a determination can be made.
Acquisition Corps Members - Submit either your Acquisition Corps Membership Certificate; membership letter from the Agency's Director, Acquisition Career Management, Acquisition Career Record Brief (ACRB) or agency ACRB equivalent document.
Non-Acquisition Corps Members - Submit your transcripts. Additional documentation may be required if you are selected. Baccalaureate degree from an accredited educational institution and ONE of the following:24 semester credit hours from among the following disciplines: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, and organization and management. 24 semester credit hours in the person's career field and 12 semester credit hours in the disciplines listed above. Credit hours within the person's career field may also satisfy the requirement for part or all of the 12 credit hours in the disciplines listed above. The same hours may be used to meet both requirements.24 semester credit hours in the person's career field and training equivalent (American Council on Education recommended credits) to 12 semester credit hours in the disciplines listed above.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Army Acquisition Corp (AAC) membership is required prior to appointment in the upper range of pay band to a Critical Acquisition Position (CAP). Information on AAC membership may be found at http://asc.army.mil/. Individuals with questions may contact an Acquisition Career Manager (ACM) for assistance.
- Selectees chosen in the upper range of pay band to CAP must sign an AAC written tenure agreement to remain in the Federal service in this position for at least three (3) years.
- All candidates who meet the basic qualification requirements will be considered. Subject to proof of AAC membership, AAC members from other services will be accepted by Army without additional review. Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology (AL&T) Workforce applicants must have an Acquisition Career Record Brief (ACRB) on file in the Career Acquisition Personnel and Position Management Information System (CAPPMIS).
- This position requires you to submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 16 - Engineers and Scientists position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- You will be required to undergo a background investigation leading to the successful adjudication of eligibility for Secret security clearance. Derogatory information developed during the background investigation, such as a criminal history or an adverse credit history, could render the selectee ineligible for both the security clearance and continued employment in the position, if already appointed.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position cover by DAWIA (Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act). Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level III in the Acquisition Career Test & Evaluation (T) within 24 months of entrance on duty." (Certification requirements may be found in the Defense Acquisitions University Catalog at http://icatalog.dau.mil/onlinecatalog/CareerLvl.aspx.) (This correlates to Career Category in the acquisition data in Gatekeeper.
- Because of the partnership with Corvias Military Housing, Department of Army civilian employees now have an option to rent family housing and enjoy the benefits of living on-post at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. There are various floor plans available. Selection is on a first-come first-served basis. If you are interested in this housing option, please contact the Corvias Military Housing Leasing and Relocation Center at 877-276-6659.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement.
If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Veterans and Military Spouses will be considered along with all other candidates.
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- ***NOTE: TRANSCRIPTS ARE REQUIRED even if you are a current federal employee.***
- This position has an individual occupational requirement and/or allows for substitution of education for experience. If you meet this requirement based on education you MUST submit a copy of your transcript with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses
- This position requires a job-related license or certification. You MUST submit a copy of your license or certification with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 12/31/2021 to receive consideration
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11012520).
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
- Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center.
Agency contact information
Army Applicant Help Desk
AddressAD-APF-W3U6AA US ARMY EVALUATION CENTER
DO NOT MAIL
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
ATEC's mission is to provide direct support to Army Futures Command and relevant, timely information to senior Army leaders to make future force decisions enabling Multi-Domain Operations thru rigorous developmental testing and independent operational tests and evaluations.
U.S. Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC) is participating in an alternate personnel system known as the Acquisition Demonstration Project (AcqDemo). Among other features, the Demonstration Project replaced GS grade levels with occupational families and pay bands. The band NH03 is equal to the former GS-12 step 01 through GS-13 step 10. ATEC uses salary control points within the salary range to allow for differentiation in the level of positions within the same broadband. Therefore, the salary for this position will be set no higher than $134,798.
About the Position: This Interdisciplinary, NH-03 position is with the US Army Test & Evaluation Command, US Army Evaluation Center, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at U.S. Army Test and Evaluation Command, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking (as applicable) for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589766600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.