The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is located at the Seward Military Resort in Seward, AK.
Approximate dates of employment are 15 May - 15 September 2021.
Housing may be provided on a space available basis.
For more information on this position click here.
- Cleans rooms, corridors, stairways, and other areas.
- Sweeps, mops, vacuums, scrubs, strips and polishes using light and heavy duty powered equipment.
- Operates industrial equipment to clean rugs, drapes, etc.
- Washes walls, windows, blinds and ceiling fixtures using ladders, scaffolds and safety belt.
- Maintains stock of room and cleaning supplies to perform assigned duties.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Appointment subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2.
- Incumbent may also be required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally-controlled facilities.
- Must meet physical requirements of the position.
- Required standing and walking on hard and carpeted surfaces with some bending, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of items or carts weighing up to 20 to 40 pounds, and occasionally over 50 pounds.
- Works is usually performed indoors in areas that have adequate heat, light, and ventilation.
- Exposed to dirt and disagreeable odors, vibration from use of heavy equipment, and to skin irritations from strong cleaning solutions.
- Care is required to avoid serious injury when working on ladders and when moving heavy furniture and using heavy powered equipment.
- Must have knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties listed above to include the ability to use and maintain the tools and equipment of the trade, to keep the assigned work area neat and clean, and to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must have the ability to follow instructions and read signs.
- Must have a basic knowledge of common cleaning solvents, cleaning tools, and equipment.
- Must know the proper uses of a variety of special cleaning and sanitizing solutions, and must be able to remove different kinds of stains from a wide variety of surfaces.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, make adjustments, and perform minor repair and maintenance of equipment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 12:00 pm AKST on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ). (If URL does not work, please copy and paste into browser).
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA Form 3433, if applicable
- DA Form 3434, if applicable
- Marriage Certificate if not named on PCS Orders
- PCS Orders
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Number (VIN): 11001617. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
Alaska NAF CPAC
AddressEV-NAF-W6L7AA US ARMY GARRISON FORT WAINWRIGHT
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Wainwright, AK 99703
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Army Installation Management Command, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588857400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.