The mission of the Logistics Response Assistance Team (LRAT) is to provide outstanding service to all the teams and the public we serve while striving to earn the trust, confidence, and respect of all. We demonstrate our commitment to service by placing the needs of others before our own while we continue to train in order to improve our ability to prepare, plan, and respond to emergencies.Learn more about this agency
- Provides technical advice, guidance and recommendations to team leadership and other team employees on day-to-day IT issues on existing or new IT systems that encompass one or more areas of IT, including security, applications, LAN/WAN, customer support, etc.
- Assists in the interpretation of policies, procedures, and strategies governing the planning and delivery of IT product and services; assists in carrying out the policies, objectives, standards, guidelines, and plans for use of IT resources.
- Assists in planning, implementing, and maintaining capabilities for the assigned incident response team under the NDMS.
- Provides technical support for network management, service provisioning, information assurance, equipment and systems, Internet protocol routing security criteria, methodologies, techniques, processes, and mechanisms; provides advice to technical personnel who are responsible for the installation and maintenance of equipment and systems.
- Provides support of the NDMS response team's technology requirements. Advises the Logistics Section Chief and Team Leader regarding issues concerning the provision of field operations support as they relate to technology and the availability of qualified personnel.
Click on "Learn more about this agency" and follow the link at the bottom of the page to learn more about the mission of the National Disaster Medical System (NDMS).
76% or greater - 95% Domestic and 5% International
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service - http://www.sss.gov
- Suitable for federal employment
- Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. All information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation.
- Documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System.
- All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choice.
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Immunization may be required.
QualificationsDuring deployments, the work is primarily related to readiness for and deployment for response during the aftermath of a disaster or public health emergency, where work may be field-based, in a tent environment that is remote and austere, caring for sick, injured, dying, or deceased persons. This work requires above average health, physical, and mental conditioning with routine long periods of repetitive walking, bending, lifting, and carrying, such as carrying NDMS equipment or heavy patients on litters. Incumbent must be capable of working in a high-stress, high security, remote, austere, and uncharacterized environment, void of infrastructure and vital services, requiring specific physical demands, such as the ability to lift 50 pounds, and work characteristics that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. For these reasons, employees are required to complete a physical and health screening process, meet and maintain certain physical standards, as well as mental, behavioral, and cognitive competencies. Work may be performed in an office setting or indoor and outdoor field sites, sometimes in adverse weather. During emergency situations, the work environment may be situated in austere conditions and environment in terms of destroyed infrastructure (e.g., food and water, housing, electricity, communications), the presence of endemic diseases, and limited health and sanitation facilities requiring special safety precautions.
To qualify for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
Individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four (4) competencies listed below:
1. Attention to Detail: Is thorough when performing work an conscientious about attending to detail.2. Customer Service: Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.3. Oral Communication: Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example: technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others; attends to nonverbal cues; and responds appropriately.4. Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives; and to make recommendations.Have a combination of education and experience described above.
Additional Qualification Requirements: In addition to meeting the Basic Qualification Requirements candidates must also:
For the GS-11 grade level:
Have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 level in the Federal service providing technical advice and guidance on day-to-day IT issues on existing or new IT systems, providing technical support for network management, information assurance, equipment and systems, and assisting in the interpretation of policies, procedures, and strategies governing the planning and delivery of IT products and services
Have 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree.
Experience refers to:
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and/or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours worked per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience including volunteer experience.
This position does not have an education requirement.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY or MEET REQUIREMENT/QUALIFICATION: You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
Travel and transportation expenses may be paid: No
Bargaining Unit Position: No
Drug Screening Required: No
Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
Student loan repayment incentive may be authorized: No
Annual leave for non-federal service may be authorized: No
For information on "People with Disabilities" please visit http://opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.asp
For Most Effective Resumes Tips visit: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Most_Effective_Resumes.
How You Will Be Evaluated
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Your resume and questionnaire will be used to determine your qualifications.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
NOTE: This vacancy will be filled through OPM's Direct Hire authority. Veterans' Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement. Please click here for more information on OPM's Authorization of Direct Hire authority. https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/direct-hire-authority/
This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies in multiple locations.
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application for this Job Opportunity Announcement.
- Online Application - Assessment Questionnaire
- Resume - Must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period, for each position you must describe your duties, accomplishments, related skills, and responsibilities. Your resume must clearly articulate how your skills and experiences align to the criteria defined in the qualifications section of this announcement and it must support your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Full-time employment will be assumed unless otherwise stated on your resume. Part-time employment will be prorated in crediting experience. Not providing this information may result in an ineligible rating.
- Transcripts - If you are basing your qualifications on education or if the position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts.
- Veterans' Preference - If you are claiming veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD Form 214, which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of Purple Heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position you must submit a complete Application Package by the closing date in this Job Opportunity Announcement. It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date. First 75 applications or open for 30 days whichever comes first.
To begin the process, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing USA Jobs account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Application button at the end of the process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. A complete Application Questionnaire.
2. Your resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications).For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Transcripts - If you are basing your qualifications on education or if the position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts.
4. Veterans' Preference - If you are claiming veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD Form 214, which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of Purple Heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
By submitting your application, you are certifying the accuracy of the information contained in your application. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be terminated after you begin work; or, you may be fined or jailed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation
Agency contact information
AddressNational Disaster Medical System
200 Independence Ave. SW
Washington, DC 20201
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
ASPR leads the nation's medical and public health preparedness for, response to, and recovery from disasters and public health emergencies. ASPR collaborates with hospitals, healthcare coalitions, biotech firms, community members, state, local, tribal, and territorial governments, and other partners across the country to improve readiness and response capabilities.
This position is with the National Disaster Medical System (NDMS), Office of Resource Management (ORM), Division of Logistics (DL) headquartered in Washington, District of Columbia.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Office of the Secretary of Health and Human Services, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. The best qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. We expect to make a selection within 45 days of the closing date of this announcement.
You will receive notice via email or by mail, if no email address was provided by you during the application process, once this process is completed (generally 4-6 weeks).
You will be required to submit official documentation prior to appointment. The agency will then verify the information provided on your application (i.e., degree, veterans' preference, disability, etc.).
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586807600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.