The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This is a Regular Part-Time position with a minimum work week of 20 hours and eligible for benefits
This announcement has been extended to January 11, 2021. A January 5th cutoff date may be used to send applicants first.
- Incumbent performs duties under the verbal and written direction of the facility director. Assistance and guidance is normally available at all times. Work is reviewed in terms of results achieved IAW standards and procedures.
- Responsible for the operation of the Child and Youth Services (CYS) Homework Center in accordance with applicable regulations. As part of the on ratio staff, provides assistance to participants in strengthening their academic and learning skills.
- Develops linkages with parents, School Liaison Officer, other CYS Program Associates and volunteer tutors to ensure homework center is fully integrated into all applicable program settings.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts activities for program participants based on observed needs of individual children/youth. Models appropriate behaviors and techniques for working with children/youth.
- Works with senior staff to provide instruction and training to lower level employees on working in the homework center. Provides input to CYS training plan based on observed training needs. Secures supplies, equipment, and facilities.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be 18 years of age or older at time of appointment or placement into the position
- Proof of education is required at the time of application
- Good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease (verified through physical examination). Immunizations must be current including annual influenza vaccinations
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card are required
- Additional conditions of employment can be found in the Applicant Information Kit, link is in additional information below
- Satisfactory performance, successful completion of training requirements (transition and/or annual) and demonstrated on the job competency is required
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable suitability determination.
- Any individual who was required to register with selective service and who has not registered or knowingly and willingly did not register before the requirement terminated or become inapplicable to the individual will not be appointed.
Qualifications1. Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
2. Be able to communicate in English (both written and verbal).
3. Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
4. Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs, walk, bend, and stoop and stand on a routine basis.
5. Possess and maintain health and freedom from communicable disease.
6. Possess and maintain a CDA/School-Age/Youth Credential (including Boys and Girls Clubs of America)/Army Youth Practicum
7. Possess 12 months of experience working in a related field
1. Possess BA/BS degree with a major emphasis on ECE, Elementary Education, Child Development, Home Economics, Special Education or a related field.
2. Possess work experience directly related to the duties to be preformed.
3. Ability to communicate in English (both written and verbal).
4. Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
5. Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs, walk, bend, and stoop and stand on a routine basis.
6. Possess and maintain health and freedom from communicable disease.
Proof of education is required at the time of application, if applicable.
Manual application: If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 pm CST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as vacancies occur.
For additional information, refer to our Applicant Information Kit for Child Care Positions
Copy and paste this URL to view kit: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/index.php/s/uIDfgOMr6PWHHGS/download?path=/&files=NAF Applicant Information Kit for Army NAF Childcare Positions.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- Spouse Employment Preference
- Involuntarily Separated from the Military
- Business Based Action
- Current/Former NAF Employee / Current Appropriated Employee
- Outside Applicant Veteran / Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran
- Outside Applicant Non-Veteran
Required documents for each consideration category can be found in the applicant information kit, point of contact information is listed at the bottom of this announcement if applicants have any questions about these consideration groups or documents. Applicants are also welcome to reach out to confirm receipt of the required documents or information when submitting an application for this position.
Eligibilities are listed above in the consideration order in accordance with the AR 215-3. Applicants will only be awarded the highest preference/priority consideration found eligible.
By claiming the "Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)" or "Current APF Employee (CAE)" priority consideration eligibility, applicants are self-certifying that they may not be eligible for other priority considerations. Failure to provide supporting documentation to validate preference or priority consideration claims could adversely impact the applicant's eligibility. For additional information on what may be required to support the applicant's eligibility claim, please refer to our Applicant Information Kit (URL:https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/index.php/s/uIDfgOMr6PWHHGS/download?path=/&files= AF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf).
CNE/FNE/CAE priority consideration must be clearly defined in order to grant the priority consideration. We will need position title, series, grade, location and agency in order determine priority consideration. To ensure we have enough information, we encourage you to submit a copy of your most recent personnel action.
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
- HS Diploma/GED, College transcripts/Diploma
PROOF OF EDUCATION IS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION, if applicable.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
Manually: Please refer to the "Addition Information section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
CHRA NAF C3RP
AddressEX-NAF-W6B7AA US ARMY GARRISON FT LEAVENWORTH
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Leavenworth, KS 66027
Join our Child and Youth Services (CYS) team and provide assistance to children in strengthening their social/emotional/academic development, particularly in the areas of science, technology, math and resiliency.
Why do our employees love working for Child and Youth Services (CYS)? We invest in you! Our team will help you enhance your skills by providing annual on-the-job training, development opportunities, and much more! Not only are we making a difference but we offer a friendly and creative atmosphere, competitive pay and great benefits. We are not just an employer, we are a community!
This announcement will be used to fill positions across the CYS program in different facilities and age groups. Referrals will be based on the preferences you indicate in the application process.
Fort Leavenworth is located in the Greater Kansas City metropolitan area. The immediate area is considered a national treasure with historic sites and homes filled with small-town charm and friendliness merged with Kansas City retail, attractions and entertainment. For the sports enthusiasts, Kansas City hosts professional sports with the Royals, Chiefs and Sporting Kansas City soccer club. An international airport is conveniently located within a 30 minute drive of Fort Leavenworth. More information may be found at www.visitkc.com or https://garrison.leavenworth.army.mil/.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Army Installation Management Command, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585415000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.