The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide.Learn more about this agency
Proof of education is required at the time of application.
This is a Regular Full Time position eligible for the NAF benefits package.
- Plan and implement a comprehensive training and professional development program that promotes positive growth and development of children and youth IAW all applicable regulations and standards.
- Designs, administers and conducts the Foundation, Annual/On-Going training requirements based on course outlines. Conducts training both on-the-job and in classroom settings based on developed training plan.
- Designs and implements annual CYS program plan to include training goals and objectives, plan to meet individual staff needs, curriculum framework that encompasses the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of children/youth.
- Observes in appropriate program settings throughout all hours of operation to assess and evaluate staff competency and provide feedback.
- Manages program to budget. Conducts written analyses of budget variances, and prepares justification for funding of program resource requirements. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/physical/background requirements for this position.
- Must have current health assessment which documents good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and immunizations in accordance with current Army and DoD policy including annual influenza vaccinations
- A one year probationary period may be required (either initially or upon conversion, if applicable).
- Successful completion of annual training requirements within the prescribed time frame and demonstrated on the job competence is required
- May be subject to an irregular hours, evening and or weekends
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) Check.
- Complete and signed DA 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
Successful completion of an undergraduate Degree that included or was supplemented by major study (at least 24 semester hours) in child development or early childhood education, or other fields appropriate to the position to be filled consistent with: An undergraduate degree with a major course of study in Early Childhood Education/Child Development or Elementary Education is required.
Combination of education and experience as follows:
Successful completion of at least 24 semester hours in a major course of study in an appropriate CYS field commensurate with the program assigned as indicated above, plus appropriate work experience that provided knowledge skills and abilities directly related to the duties described in the fields appropriate to the position. Appropriate experience and course work must be comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the four-year course of study described above. In addition, candidate must possess:
1. At least twelve (12) months experience working in child and youth programs.
2. At least one year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower grade or level requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled.
3. The ability to plan and organize work, analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data and recognize solutions.
4. Experience in planning and conducting training for child and youth staff.
5. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
6. The physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs, walk, bend, stoop and stand on a routine basis. Duties may involve working both indoors and outdoors.
A Bachelor's degree in the appropriate field as indicated above, and two years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or equivalent graduate degree in a directly related field is fully qualifying for the position.
The full position description can be found here.
Proof of education is required at the time of application, if applicable.
Manual application: If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 pm on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs AREauthorized based on a determination that a PCS move IS in the Government's interest.
Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as vacancies occur.
For additional information, refer to our Applicant Information Kit in additional information.
Copy and paste this URL to view kit: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Informati
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- Business Based Action
- Current/Former NAF Employee / Current Appropriated Employee
- Outside Applicant Veteran / Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran
- Outside Applicant Non-Veteran
confirm receipt of the required documents or information when submitting an application for this position.
Eligibilities are listed above in the consideration order in accordance with the AR 215-3. Applicants will only be awarded the highest preference/priority consideration found eligible.
By claiming the "Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)" or "Current APF Employee (CAE)" priority consideration eligibility, applicants are self-certifying that they may not be eligible for other priority considerations. Failure to provide supporting documentation to validate preference or priority consideration claims could adversely impact the applicant's eligibility. For additional information on what may be required to support the applicant's eligibility claim, please refer to our Applicant Information Kit found in the applicant information kit.
CNE/FNE/CAE priority consideration must be clearly defined in order to grant the priority consideration. We will need position title, series, grade, location and agency in order determine priority consideration. To ensure we have enough information, we encourage you to submit a copy of your most recent
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
- HS Diploma/GED, College transcripts/Diploma
PROOF OF EDUCATION IS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION, if applicable.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Optional: Job Application DA 3433 will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- Disability Letter (VA)
- HS Diploma/GED, College transcripts/Diploma
- DA 3434 or equivalent
- References or letters of recommendations
- PCS Orders
- Proof of Marriage Status
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)10945550
Manually: Please refer to the "Addition Information section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
Recruitment Support Team (RST) NAF HR
AddressDW-NAF-W0VAAA US ARMY GARRISON FT STEWART HQ
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Stewart, GA 31314
Want to make an impact? Want to do work that matters?
Join our Child and Youth Services (CYS) team and provide assistance to children in strengthening their social/emotional/academic development, particularly in the areas of science, technology, math and resiliency.
Why do our employees love working for Child and Youth Services (CYS)? We invest in you! Our team will help you enhance your skills by providing annual on-the-job training, development opportunities, and much more! Not only are we making a difference but we offer a friendly and creative atmosphere, competitive pay and great benefits. We are not just an employer, we are a community!
This announcement may be used to fill positions across the CYS program in different facilities and age groups. Referrals will be based on the preferences you indicate in the application process.
After we receive your complete application package (including all required documents), your qualifications will be reviewed and assigned an initial rating. We will also review your application to make sure that your resume supports the answers given in the questionnaire. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. Based on your ranking you may be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. You will be notified when your rating is determined. If a determination is made that you have inflated your qualification and/or experience, you may lose consideration for the position. Please follow all instructions carefully; errors and omissions may affect your eligibility.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584014000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.