This National Guard position is for a NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTER, Position Description Number NGD2319000 and is part of the OH 179 Airlift Wing, Ohio Air National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This is an Air National Guard (ANG) Dual Status Technician position requiring military membership, compatible military skill assignment, and classification. The purpose of this position is to serve as a Small Shop Chief (SSC) with the responsibility for the overall shop.
As a NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTER, WG-3705-11, you will perform the following duties:
1. Performs the full range of WG-3705-10 duties and responsibilities. Possesses the knowledge and skills found at the journey level as well as those required for planning, accomplishing, and maintaining a functional shop maintenance program. For small one to two positioned level shops; this may include many programs to be accustomed to for example but not limited to: TMDE, PCAMS, Equipment Custodian, Supplies Manager, Hazardous Waste Monitor, Hazardous Communication Monitor, Spill Prevention Monitor, FOD Monitor, Radiation Monitor, Technical Order Monitor, Precious Metals Monitor, and Training Monitor.
2. Plans and lays out work to be accomplished in the shop, which is then completed by the incumbent and lower graded mechanic(s). Independently determines appropriate maintenance procedures such as how and when the work should be accomplished. Estimates manpower, equipment and material requirements. Devises and maintains all program plans and records, is skilled in surveillance and troubleshooting techniques, and is able to determine maintenance/repair procedures needed without benefit of technical supervisory guidance. Plans, organizes and directs shop maintenance programs/procedures under general supervision. Determines approaches, methods and courses of action required to accomplish the mission of the shop in an effective and efficient manner.
3. If required (based on new Aircraft Gen 4 & 5 Aircraft), must be able to draw, design, test, write/re-write and perform new inspections in order to prepare AF form 22, AF Form 107's, and AFTO form 242's for submittal.
4. May provide recommendations and input to the supervisor concerning personnel actions such as performance appraisals, awards, position descriptions changes, disciplinary actions, leave, etc. Implements safety regulatory requirements. Supervisor must ensure that other workers in the shop wear the appropriate Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) and follow pertinent safety precautions. Must enforce all obtaining rules and regulations accompanying the Air National Guard and attached agencies.
5. May serve as an Augmented Quality Assurance team member and preform personnel evaluations on other NDI technicians.
Performs other duties as assigned.
*The above duty description does not contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description PD#:NGD2319000. https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
Ohio Air National Guard Membership is required.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Ohio Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact an Ohio Air National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Military Grades: E-6 through E-7
Compatible Military Assignments: 2A7X2
QualificationsGENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience or training which demonstrates the ability to set up and operate test equipment, use test apparatus to apply tests to material or products, record readings, observe and record established reactions, and classify according to defined categories
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Experience or training in using ultrasonic and/or eddy current inspection techniques to observe, measure, and detect discontinuities and flaws. Experience classifying test results, identifying material deficiencies and recommending courses of action for items of equipment. Experience recommending engine components to be inspected and forwarding results to the appropriate authority. Experience performing scheduled inspections of testing equipment ensuring compliance with established technical regulations and procedures.
***If serving under an incentive contract, termination of that incentive(s) will occur effective one day prior to your AGR, Permanent Military Technician, or Indefinite Military Technician start date. Temporary Military Technicians will have their incentive terminated if their tour exceeds 179 days in a continuous 12-month period.***
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Planning and Evaluating
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
This position is being announced concurrently as an AGR position. To view the AGR job announcement, please visit the Ohio National Guard jobs page at http://ong.ohio.gov/human_resources/ong_job_postings.html.
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Resume showing current Military grade, current AFSC, current unit of assignment, work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment, and all duties performed.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
AddressOH 179 Airlift Wing
1947 Harrington Memorial Rd
Mansfield, OH 44903
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Air National Guard Units, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583146200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.