CYPA Recruitment Job Fairs held first and third Tuesday of every month during 2020/2021 (subject to change).Learn more about this agency
See 'Additional Information' for details
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is the local commuting area of Hohenfels, Germany. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
- Serves as a Child and Youth Program Assistant in any of the Child and Youth Services program and/or age groups and maintains control of and accounts for whereabouts and safety of children and youth.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts activities that meet the physical, social, emotional and cognitive needs for program participants based on the group and individual children and youth ranging in age from 6 weeks to 18 years.
- Establishes a program environment that sustains participant interest and promotes positive interactions with other children, youth, and adults.
- Helps prepare, arrange, and maintain indoor and outdoor activity areas and materials to accommodate daily schedules and provides program options for children with special requirements.
- Maintains program participation data and complete daily report.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel to on and off base locations for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be at least 18 years old or a 17 year old dependent of a Service member or Department of Defense Civilian Employee.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card are required
- Meet Qualification/eligibility/physical/background requirements for this position.
- Must have current health assessment which documents good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and immunizations in accordance with current Army and DoD policy including annual influenza vaccinations
- A one year probationary period may be required (either initially or upon conversion, if applicable).
- Successful completion of annual (or transition ) training requirements within the prescribed time frame and demonstrated on the job competence is required
- May be subject to an irregular hours, evening and or weekends.
- Complete and signed DA 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- For positions in Child Development Centers, possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs., walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis.
- Incumbent is legally required to report all suspected incidents of child abuse/neglect.
- Individuals who have been trained will be required to administer medications prescribed by a physician to children/youth, perform CPR and first aid, and aid in providing a reasonable accommodation to children/youth with a special need.
- Travel to on and off post locations may be required. Duties involve working both indoors and outdoors.
QualificationsFor Entry Level (CY-01):
- At a minimum, must have a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED). Applicants that are 17 years old
and a dependent of a Service member or Department of Defense Civilian Employee, and are in pursuit of a high school
degree are eligible based on verification of student status at the time of application.
- Must be able to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
For information on the qualification requirements for the higher paying levels such as Skill Level (CY-01) and Target Level (CY-02):
Refer to ours Applicant Information Kit.
Copy and paste this URL into your browser: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit%20for%20Army%20NAF%20Childcare%20Positions.pdf
Note to applicants: College transcripts or certificates may be required at the time of application for applicants who want to be considered for Skill or Target level.
Full position Descriptions can be found here: Entry Level, Skill Level, Target Level
At minimum a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required.
Proof of education is required at the time of application.
In order to meet entry level requirement you must upload a copy of your HS Diploma, HS Transcript (showing the completion date), GED certificate or proof of a college degree. To meet the requirements beyond entry level a college transcript showing course work or certifications will be required to validate the higher graded qualifications. If you are 17 years old and a dependent of a Service member or Department of Defense Civilian Employee, you must present proof that you are in pursuit of a high school degree prior to or, at the time of, in processing. This could include (but is not limited to) one of the following: A letter from school administrator, validated enrollment in a high school program, etc.
Additional information in regards to the education requirement can be found in the Applicant Information Kit.
CYPA Recruitment Fairs will be conducted on the first and third Tuesday of every month during 2020/2021 (subject to change).
~~ 2021 --- 5 January, 19 January, 2 February, 16 February ~
VIRTUAL HIRING EVENT held Thursday 5. January 2021.
Child and Youth Services is looking for professional, fun and enthusiastic people to be a part of our CYS Team!
Army Family and MWR is hosting a virtual Hiring Event on January 5 2021. This is a great opportunity for federal employment. Receive training and education opportunities to build your career.
Child and Youth Program Assistants (CYPA) positions in a Flexible employment category are available to be filled now.
Interviews and Tentative Job offers will be conducted telephonically on January 5 2021.
Applicants need to be available between 10am - 4pm on January 5. 2021.
Applicants would need to apply online via USAJOBS.GOV by January 4 2021., to be considered.
Please provide the contact information, e-mail and phone number, of at least three (3) references at the time of application.
Please review the announcements for qualifications and requirements.
Any questions please call (09641) 70526-2081.
Close date extended to 1/11/2020
Manual application: If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form (please refer to VIN 10921974). All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00pm CST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program, for information copy and paste this URL into your browser:
For additional information, refer to our Applicant Information Kit.
Copy and paste this URL to view kit:
U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement. In NATO countries, employment under U.S. conditions is restricted by the NATO SOFA to individuals who are nationals of a NATO country. These individuals may not be employed under U.S. employment conditions in the country of their citizenship.
Conditions of employment have been updated to reflect the ability for 17 year old dependents to apply.
This is an open continuous announcement to provide a ready pool of available applicants as needed. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as vacancies occur based on the date of application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- Spouse Employment Preference
- Involuntarily Separated from the Military
- Family Member Preference
- Business Based Action
- Current/Former NAF Employee / Current Appropriated Employee
- Outside Applicant Veteran / Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran
- Outside Applicant Non-Veteran
Required documents for each consideration category can be found in the applicant information kit, point of contact information is listed at the bottom of this announcement if applicants have any questions about these consideration groups or documents. Applicants are also welcome to reach out to
confirm receipt of the required documents or information when submitting an application for this position.
Eligibilities are listed above in the consideration order in accordance with the AR 215-3. Applicants will only be awarded the highest preference/priority consideration found eligible.
By claiming the "Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)" or "Current APF Employee (CAE)" priority consideration eligibility, applicants are self-certifying that they may not be eligible for other priority considerations. Failure to provide supporting documentation to validate preference or priority consideration claims could adversely impact the applicant's eligibility. For additional information on what may be required to support the applicant's eligibility claim, please refer to our Applicant Information Kit (URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit%20for%20Army%20NAF%20Childcare%20Positions.pdf)
CNE/FNE/CAE priority consideration must be clearly defined in order to grant the priority consideration. We will need position title, series, grade, location and agency in order determine priority consideration. To ensure we have enough information, we encourage you to submit a copy of your most recent personnel action.
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS FOR PROOF OF EDUCATION ARE A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA, A GENERAL EQUIVALENCY DIPLOMA (GED) OR A COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT LISTING COURSES THAT WERE TAKEN. A HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT INDICATING A GRADUATION DATE IS ALSO ACCEPTABLE.
All documents must be in English or have a translated copy provided.
If you are 17 years old and a dependent of a Service member or Department of Defense Civilian Employee, you must present proof that you are in pursuit of a high school degree prior to or, at the time of, in processing. This could include (but is not limited to) one of the following: A letter from school administrator, validated enrollment in a high school program, etc.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Optional: Job Application DA 3433 will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- Disability Letter (VA)
- HS Diploma/GED, High School Transcripts (indicating a graduation date), College Diploma, or College transcripts
- DA 3434 or equivalent
- References or letters of recommendations
- PCS Orders
- Proof of Marriage Status
All required supporting documents must be submitted at the time of application to receive preference/priority consideration (PCS orders, DD214, SF50, DA3434)
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
1. Electronically (preferred) - at https://www.usajobs.gov and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)10921974
2. Manually - Please refer to the "Addition Information section of this announcement for instructions.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
Recruitment Support Team (RST) NAF HR
AddressJJ-NAF-W6FNAA USAG HOHENFELS
DO NOT MAIL
APO, AE 09114
Want to make an impact? Want to do work that matters?
USAG Bavaria is a valued member of the Installation Command community and demonstrates valuable support to the overall U.S. Army Europe and 7th Army Training Command missions. Service members, Civilians and their Families within our footprint are confident that we will consistently meet their needs and remain dedicated to serving them. Members of USAG Bavaria are proud of their role, know that they are valued, and experience a positive and rewarding working environment.
Why do our employees love working for Child and Youth Services (CYS)? We invest in you! Our team will help you enhance your skills by providing annual on-the-job training, development opportunities, and much more! Not only are we making a difference but we offer a friendly and creative atmosphere, competitive pay and great benefits. We are not just an employer, we are a community!
Join our Child and Youth Services (CYS) team and provide assistance to children in strengthening their social/emotional/academic development, particularly in the areas of science, technology, math and resiliency.
This announcement may be used to fill positions across the CYS program in different facilities and age groups. Referrals will be based on the preferences you indicate in the application process.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Army Installation Management Command, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
After we receive your complete application package (including all required documents), your qualifications will be reviewed and assigned an initial rating. We will also review your application to make sure that your resume supports the answers given in the questionnaire. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. Based on your ranking you may be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. Applicants will be sent to management based on application date. You will be notified when your rating is determined. If a determination is made that you have inflated your qualification and/or experience, you may lose consideration for the position. Please follow all instructions carefully; errors and omissions may affect your eligibility.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579776800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.