The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is within the local commuting area of Fort Stewart, Georgia. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
- Preparing and delivering sanitizing bleach solution for use in classrooms, sanitizing toys that have been handled by children, replenishing classroom supplies when required, delivering program supplies and materials to classrooms, etc
- Emptying diaper pails and/or trash, returning food carts to the kitchen after meals and snacks, and cleaning up after classroom accidents (child illness and toileting, water on floor, etc) which may pose a threat to child safety
- May be required to clean floors and tables after meals and snacks. Provides routine light cleaning/dusting of classrooms/activity areas and materials as required
- Picks up soiled linens from classroom and carts them to the laundry room. Washes and dries linens and towels using standard, household grade laundry machine and dryer; returns clean linens to classrooms
- Makes up cribs. May be required to launder staff uniforms. Cleans laundry room. May be required to maintain inventory of staff uniforms
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/physical/background requirements for this position.
- Must have current health assessment which documents good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and immunizations in accordance with current Army and DoD policy including annual influenza vaccinations
- A one year probationary period may be required (either initially or upon conversion, if applicable).
- Successful completion of annual training requirements within the prescribed time frame and demonstrated on the job competence is required
- May be subject to an irregular hours, evening and or weekends
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) Check
- Complete and signed DA 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Moderately heavy physical effort is used occasionally in moving, setting up, and working from ladders and scaffolds. Occasionally lifts and moves objects weighing 40 pounds or more.
- Usually works indoors in areas which normally have adequate heat, light, and ventilation.
- Continually exposed to dust, dirt, and grease, and standing on concrete floors. May be exposed to skin irritations from cleaning solutions. Could be subject to falls from ladders or scaffolds.
- Use of heavy powered cleaning equipment may be required, but not on a continual basis.
QualificationsMust have the ability to perform the duties described above without more than normal supervision. Must be able to dilute and use various cleaning and sanitizing solutions to disinfect items and/or remove different types of stains on varying surfaces.
Candidates will be evaluated on the following elements as they relate to the duties above:
- Ability to keep things neat, clean, and in order
- Ability to follow instructions- Must be able to speak and understand English.
- Ability to use and maintain required tools and equipment (vacuum cleaners, brooms, mops)
.Physical effort and working conditions:
Moderately heavy physical effort is used occasionally in moving, setting up, and working from ladders and scaffolds. Use of heavy powered cleaning equipment (wall washers, industrial-type buffers) may be required, but not on a continual basis. Occasionally lifts and moves objects weighing 40 pounds or more. Usually works indoors in areas which normally have adequate heat, light, and ventilation. Continually exposed to dust, dirt, and grease, and standing on concrete floors. May be exposed to skin irritations from cleaning solutions. Could be subject to falls from ladders or scaffolds.
The full position description can be found here.
Based on mission need, applicants hired under this announcement may be assigned to work in Child & Youth Services (CYS) facilities off site at Hunter Army Airfield, GA (Approximately 42 miles from Ft. Stewart) during regular duty hours. Transportation will be provided.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Generally, the incumbent will begin work at the lowest rate of pay advertised, unless previous NAF experience warrants a higher rate of pay.
Manual application: If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00pm CST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as vacancies occur. For additional information, refer to our Applicant Information Kit.
Copy and paste this URL to view kit: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- Spouse Employment Preference
- Involuntarily Separated from the Military
- Business Based Action
- Current/Former NAF Employee / Current Appropriated Employee
- Outside Applicant Veteran / Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran
- Outside Applicant Non-Veteran
confirm receipt of the required documents or information when submitting an application for this position.
Eligibilities are listed above in the consideration order in accordance with the AR 215-3. Applicants will only be awarded the highest preference/priority consideration found eligible.
By claiming the "Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)" or "Current APF Employee (CAE)" priority consideration eligibility, applicants are self-certifying that they may not be eligible for other priority considerations. Failure to provide supporting documentation to validate preference or priority consideration claims could adversely impact the applicant's eligibility. For additional information on what may be required to support the applicant's eligibility claim, please refer to our Applicant Information Kit (URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit%20for%20Army%20NAF%20Childcare%20Positions.pdf
CNE/FNE/CAE priority consideration must be clearly defined in order to grant the priority consideration. We will need position title, series, grade, location and agency in order determine priority consideration. To ensure we have enough information, we encourage you to submit a copy of your most recent
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
PROOF OF EDUCATION IS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION, if applicable.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Optional: Job Application DA 3433 will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- Disability Letter (VA)
- HS Diploma/GED, College transcripts/Diploma
- DA 3434 or equivalent
- References or letters of recommendations
- PCS Orders
- Proof of Marriage Status
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Number (VIN): 10897641Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
Recruitment Support Team (RST) NAF HR
AddressDW-NAF-W0VAAA US ARMY GARRISON FT STEWART HQ
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Stewart, GA 31314
Want to make an impact? Want to do work that matters?
Join our Child and Youth Services (CYS) team and provide assistance to children in strengthening their social/emotional/academic development, particularly in the areas of science, technology, math and resiliency.
Why do our employees love working for Child and Youth Services (CYS)? We invest in you! Our team will help you enhance your skills by providing annual on-the-job training, development opportunities, and much more! Not only are we making a difference but we offer a friendly and creative atmosphere, competitive pay and great benefits. We are not just an employer, we are a community!
This announcement may be used to fill positions across the CYS program in different facilities and age groups. Referrals will be based on the preferences you indicate in the application process.
After we receive your complete application package (including all required documents), your qualifications will be reviewed and assigned an initial rating. We will also review your application to make sure that your resume supports the answers given in the questionnaire. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. Based on your ranking you may be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. You will be notified when your rating is determined. If a determination is made that you have inflated your qualification and/or experience, you may lose consideration for the position. Please follow all instructions carefully; errors and omissions may affect your eligibility.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577602100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.