This position serves as a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist reporting to the Managing Director for Learning and Impact within the Inter-American Foundation. The employee will support all of IAF's efforts to ensure meaningful and reliable performance data analysis and use, from shaping agency metrics to analyzing and synthesizing data and findings.Learn more about this agency
- Collects and compiles qualitative and quantitative data from numerous sources for analysis. Reviews performance data submissions. Ensures data are meaningful, complete, standardized, and consistent. Develops and maintains program databases.
- Analyzes and synthesizes quantitative and qualitative data using a wide variety of methods and software. Responds to and coordinates internal requests for grant performance data.
- Utilizes a wide variety of data visualization methods and techniques to accurately and effectively communicate data and data analysis findings.
- Conducts in depth systemic and well-organized research into a wide variety of topic areas in support of the mission of the IAF and to assist in the implementation of the agency?s learning agenda.
- Serves as a Contract Officer Representative (COR) for personal service contracts, service contracts and inter agency agreements.
- Serves in an administrative and program support capacity to the IAF Fellowship Program.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- US Citizenship is required.
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by background investigation.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Selective Service registration required for male applicants, unless exempt.
QualificationsThis position contains two selective placement factors (SPF) that are part of the minimum requirement of the position. If you do not meet the SPF's, you are ineligible for further consideration. The SPF's for this position are: Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in English and at least one of the principle languages of countries assigned (Spanish, Portuguese, or Haitian Creole) AND experience with international development as a program assistant, analyst, or researcher. The language requirement and experience must be clearly documented in your resume.
In addition to the selective placement factor, applicants must meet the experience or a combination of education and experience described below.
GS-09 Qualification Requirements
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for the GS-09 level includes: ability to assist senior analysts in the collection, compilation and analysis of data and information regarding program or organizational performance of grassroots and/or international development activities; experience analyzing organizational or program performance using conventional analytical and statistical methods and performance metrics; and experience preparing draft reports and briefing materials utilizing data and information visualization methods and techniques to communicate findings.
You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows: Master's or equivalent graduate degree in economics, statistics, data analytics, political sciences, development studies, international relations, etc OR2 full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to such a degree ORLL.B. or J.D., if related in economics, statistics, data analytics, political sciences, development studies, international relations, etc.
OR a combination of specialized experience and the graduate education described above.
GS-11 Qualification Requirements
You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for the GS-11 level includes experience: preparing program evaluations for a segment or phase of a broader project or study; using conventional analytical and statistical techniques to gather, assemble, and analyze facts, draw conclusions, and devise alternatives; assessing organizational or program performance of grassroots and/or international development activities using a variety of performance metrics; and preparing draft reports and briefing materials utilizing data and information visualization methods and techniques to effectively communicate findings. (Grassroots development is defined as: the process by which disadvantaged people organize themselves to improve the social, cultural and economic well-being of their families, communities and societies.)
You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows: a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or equivalent graduate degree in economics, statistics, data analytics, political sciences, development studies, international relations, etc OR 3 full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree. OR LL.M., if related in economics, statistics, data analytics, political sciences, development studies, international relations, etc.
OR a combination of specialized experience and the graduate education described above.
Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If qualifying based on EDUCATION you MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: (1) official or unofficial transcripts are acceptable, or (2) you may submit a list with all of your courses, grades, semester, year, and credit for the course. All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement.
Only education from institutions which are accredited or preaccredited/candidate for accreditation may be used to meet education requirements.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
The duties of this position are suitable for occasional telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval and if they meet the eligibility criterion in the 2010 Telework Act.
Stipulations of Employment:
Selection may require completion of a 1-year probationary period.
This position allows for a flexible work schedule.
IAF uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
This vacancy announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days.
If selection is made below the full performance level, promotion up to the full performance level may be made without further competition. However, promotion(s) will depend on the performance of the incumbent and are not guaranteed.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information
How You Will Be EvaluatedFor Category Rating: Once the application process is complete, qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. The categories for this announcement are defined as: Best-Qualified and Qualified. Your resume and supporting documentation will then be used to determine if you are qualified for this job. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Knowledge Management
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
The Category Rating Process does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligible within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-09 level or higher).
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume listing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment mm/yy and duties performed.
2. Other supporting documents:
Do not submit photographs with your application package. Documents with photographs may not be seen by hiring officials - you must remove your image from any badges, licenses, etc.Do not upload Adobe portfolio documents. Adobe portfolio documents are not viewable by our agency's staffing offices.
- College transcript(s), if qualifying based on education or if this position has a basic education requirement
- Veterans' Preference documentation, if applicable (e.g. DD-214 Member Copy 4 showing type of discharge/character of service, SF-15 Form and related documentation, VA letter, etc.)
- Career Transition Assistance Program/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program Documentation, if applicable (e.g. Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal.)
- Cover Letter, highly recommended
It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents have been submitted prior to the closing date of the announcement.
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section of this vacancy.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to access an online application. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account or you may need to create a new account.
- You will be taken to an online application. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation, and submit the application.
- You will receive an email notification when your application has been received for the announcement.
- To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the More Information link for this position. The Application Status page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and your responses submitted to the online application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- You may preview the Assessment Questionnaire at: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10810132
Agency contact information
1331 Pennsylvania Ave. NW Suite 1200 North
Washington, DC 20004
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Inter-American Foundation, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
For status updates on your application, please follow the directions listed above in the How to Apply section. Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. If you are selected for an interview for this position, you will be contacted directly. A final job offer for this position is typically made within several weeks after the closing date of the vacancy announcement. After confirming a job offer, all other applicants will be notified of their non-selection.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/567395700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.