The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is located at Club Stewart, Fort Stewart, GA.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
- Responsible for providing operational support to activities who provides support to customers in various scheduled events and functions. Performs duties alone or as a member of a work crew.
- Responsible for conference room configuration (organizing tables, chairs, audio/video equipment from storage to actual setup) in accordance with established special event orders and breakdown/proper storage of this equipment in an organized manner.
- Loads and unloads equipment and furniture, moves materials using hand trucks or dollies; stacks and arranges for storage. Moves heavy items of furniture and office equipment as required for the applicable conference/meeting set up.
- Cleans work area such as carpets, etc. Cleans floors using heavy industrial-powered equipment. Adjusts, cleans, dusts and inserts batteries, etc,. in equipment. Washes and replaces conference room fixtures using ladders.
- Uses chemicals and cleaning solutions. Maintains stock of cleaning materials. Notifies supervisor when additional materials are needed.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Requires frequent lifting and carrying of items weighing up to 40 pounds and occasionally 50 pounds. Required to stand, walk, bend and kneel for lengthy periods of time.
- Satisfactory completion of a physical is required.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2.
QualificationsThree (3) months of laborering experience required. Must have the ability use, control and clean tools and power equipment used, and, ability to follow oral and/or written instructions involving duties with several distinct tasks or steps without constant supervision of each task assigned.
This announcement will have cutoff dates. Qualified applicants will be referred at cutoffs. If a qualified applicant is referred and selected at cutoffs, there will be no subsequent referrals issued.
01 APR 2020
08 APR 2020
15 APR 2020
22 APR 2020
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 12:00 PM on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/index.php/s/uIDfgOMr6PWHHGS/download?path=/&files=NAF Applicant Information Kit.pdf ). (If URL does not work, please copy and paste into browser).
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- PCS Orders
- Proof of Marriage Status
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Number (VIN): 10746583. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
Fort Stewart NAF Office
AddressDW-NAF-W0VAAA US ARMY GARRISON FT STEWART HQ
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Stewart, GA 31314
Fort Stewart/Hunter AAF is a southern living station of choice with great climate, easy commuting, no parking fees, good schools, and many surrounding historic sites. Fort Stewart is located approximately 42 miles from Savannah Georgia, one of America's most picturesque and historically rich cities. With its many jewel-like parks, historic homes, ornate antebellum architecture and great places to eat and relax, Savannah has received some of the most prestigious ratings as one of the "top 10 Most Beautiful Places in America, the "World's Top Ten Trendy Travel Hot Spots", a "Top 10 US City to Visit", one of the "Top 25 Places to Live and Work", and placed Savannah second on the "Best Southern City" list. Savannah's charm is second to none. Fort Stewart is a great location and within 1 1/2 hours of four beaches - Tybee Island, Hilton Head, St. Simons Island, and Jekyll Island; some awesome places to explore and have fun. Hunter AAF is located in Savannah. You have your choices of small town or big city living and the opportunity to be part of the 3rd Infantry Division. Welcome to Southern coastal living at its best.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562234200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.