This is an open continuous announcement to provide a ready pool of available applicants as needed during the anticipated months of June - September 2020. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as vacancies occur based on the date of application.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a Child and Youth Program Assistant in a Child and Youth Services program and maintains control of and accounts for whereabouts and safety of children and youth.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts activities that meet the physical, social, emotional and cognitive needs for program participants based on the group and individual children and youth.
- Establishes a program environment that sustains participant interest and promotes positive interactions with other children, youth, and adults.
- Helps prepare, arrange, and maintain indoor and outdoor activity areas and materials to accommodate daily schedules and provides program options for children with special requirements.
- Maintains program participation data and complete daily report.
Occasional travel - Travel to on and off post locations may be required.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be 18 years of age or older at time of appointment or placement into the position
- Proof of education is required at the time of application
- Good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease (verified through physical examination). Immunizations must be current including annual influenza vaccinations
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card are required
- Additional conditions of employment can be found in the Applicant Information Kit, link is in additional information below.
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable suitability determination.
- Any individual who was required to register with selective service and who has not registered or knowingly and willingly did not register before the requirement terminated or become inapplicable to the individual will not be appointed.
QualificationsFor Entry Level (CY-01):
- At a minimum, must have a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Must be able to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
For information on the qualification requirements for the higher paying levels such as Skill Level (CY-01) and Target Level (CY-02):
Refer to our Applicant Information Kit for Child Care Positions
Note to applicants: College transcripts or certificates may be required at the time of application for applicants who want to be considered for Skill or Target level.
At minimum a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required.
Proof of education is required at the time of application. In order to meet entry level requirement you must upload a copy of your HS Diploma, HS Transcript (showing the completion date), GED certificate or proof of a college degree. To meet the requirements beyond entry level a college transcript showing course work or certifications will be required to validate the higher graded qualifications.
Manual application: If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 pm (EST) on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
If you are claiming Military Spouse Employment Preference, please note: A military spouse is defined as the wife or husband of an active duty member of the US Armed Forces, including the US Coast Guard and the full time National Guard or Reserves. For the purposes of this preference, the marriage must have occurred PRIOR to the service member's relocation via a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move to the military sponsor's new duty station and PCS must authorize dependents. A copy of your Sponsor's complete Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Orders (along with proof of marriage if applicant's name does not appear on sponsor's orders) must be uploaded with your application to receive preference.
Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as vacancies occur.
For additional information, refer to our Applicant Information Kit for Child Care Positions
Copy and paste this URL to view kit: https://acpol2.army.mil/chra_dodea/army_NAF_childcare_position_applicant_info_kit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- Spouse Employment Preference
- Involuntarily Separated from the Military
- Business Based Action
- Current/Former NAF Employee / Current Appropriated Employee
- Outside Applicant Veteran / Spouse/Widow/Mother of Veteran
- Outside Applicant Non-Veteran
Eligibilities are listed above in the consideration order in accordance with the AR 215-3. Applicants will only be awarded the highest preference/priority consideration found eligible.
IMPORTANT: Applicants that make a claim for Current/Former NAF Employee(CNE/FNE) or Current Appropriated Funds (CAE) employee will not be given Outside Applicant Veteran priority consideration even if we are unable to validate the claim for CNE/FNE/CAE due to missing or incomplete documents at the time of application.
By claiming the CNE/FNE/CAE you are self certifying that you are not eligible for the Outside applicant consideration for a Veteran.
CNE/FNE/CAE consideration must be clearly defined in order to grant the prioirity consideration. We will need position title, series, grade, location and agency in order determine priority consideration. To ensure we have enough information, we encourage you to submit a copy of your most recent personnel action.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
- HS Diploma/GED, College transcripts/Diploma
PROOF OF EDUCATION IS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION. ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS FOR PROOF OF EDUCATION ARE A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA, A GENERAL EQUIVALENCY DIPLOMA (GED) OR A COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT LISTING COURSES THAT WERE TAKEN. A HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT INDICATING A GRADUATION DATE IS ALSO ACCEPTABLE
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Optional: Job Application DA 3433 will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- Disability Letter (VA)
- HS Diploma/GED, College transcripts/Diploma
- DA 3434 or equivalent
- References or letters of recommendations
- PCS Orders
- Proof of Marriage Status
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
Electronically: (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
Recruitment Support Team (RST) NAF HR
AddressAG-NAF-W4QVAA US ARMY GARRISON ABERDEEN PRV GRND
DO NOT MAIL
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005
Note to applicants: Please include name and contact information for at least two (2) professional AND personal references in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
Applicants are referred based on the date they apply. Referrals can be sent periodically throughout the announcement period and after closing based on management request.
This position will have various vacancies located at the School Age Centers / Youth Centers (Aberdeen and Edgewood).
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is within the local commuting area of US Army Garrison Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
- NOTE: Local commuting area is defined as a radius of 50 miles; in addition to, you are considered eligible if one of the following applies: you live outside of this radius and are able to commute to work on a daily/as needed basis or you are able to relocate yourself on your own expenses (must be able to be present for work within 2 weeks of selection), you are a military spouse in the process of relocating to this installation and are within 30 days of moving, or you are an involuntarily separated military member.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Army Installation Management Command, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555783900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.