PLEASE NOTE: Based on the current hiring restrictions, selectees may be subject to additional approvals prior to an offer being extended.
The incumbent serves as an IT Specialist in the Bureau of the Fiscal Service (FS), Office of Information and Security Services (ISS), ICAM Division, Authentication Services Branch. The primary responsibility is providing daily operations & support for the enterprise Directory Services (LDAP), Single Sign-On (SSO), and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-12. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Responsible for coordinating technical aspects of the supported technologies with administrative matters such as problem / incident management, standard /policy management, budget analysis, project management, configuration management, data call response, and security services.
- Responsible for maintaining servers; configuration and installation of hardware and software components; configuration and installation of networking devices and appliances; development and implementation of security controls; and monitoring and troubleshooting of systems, applications and services.
- Provide 24x7x365 support for enterprise ICAM services of LDAP, SSO, and PKI for Fiscal Service, Treasury, and Federal Agencies, through technical support and trouble-shooting of programming, system problems, hardware, software, networking, and operational problems; and recommend or implement corrective actions to restore services.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive working knowledge and awareness of ICAM technologies from Federal and industry leaders.
- Design, build, plan, coordinate, deploy, and secure the hardware and software necessary to operate the technologies that deliver enterprise ICAM capabilities of LDAP, SSO, and PKI that are inherent to the IT security and IT operations of Fiscal Service, Treasury, and Federal Agencies.
Occasional travel - perhaps 1-2 weeks per year.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals.
- Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
This announcement is issued under the "direct-hire" authority. Consistent with 5 U.S.C. 3304(a)(3) and OPM regulations (5 CFR 337 Subpart B) on direct-hire: All candidates who meet all the qualifications and other eligibility requirements may be referred for consideration. Competitive examining rules providing for rating and ranking and veterans' preference do not apply.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your résumé.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized Experience: For the GS-12, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility at the GS-11 level in the Federal service or equivalent, which have equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience for this position includes experience performing IT security administration work that involves ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data, as well as, the ability to analyze and apply advanced software and systems methods, theories, and research techniques to the investigation and solution of complex and advanced technical problems.
Examples of this experience could include:
- Experience in the technical engineering of enterprise IT systems; OR
- Experience developing and automating security hardening procedures; OR
- Hands-on experience Designing and implementing solutions with Ansible, Git, Puppet, Bamboo, Docker or other DevOps tools.
In addition to meeting specialized experience, applicants must have proficiency in each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail, such as monitoring system performance, providing workload forecasts, and making recommendations regarding the need for system upgrade, augmentation, or replacement.
- Customer Service, such as coordinating and developing project plans and procedures for new implementations for customers.
- Oral Communication, such as providing technical and security advice and assistance to other IT Specialists.
- Problem Solving, such as recommending or implementing corrective actions to restore services.
For the GS-11, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility at the GS-09 level in the Federal service or equivalent, which have equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience for this position includes experience performing IT security administration work with clear precedents, under limited supervision, as well as, experience analyzing and applying software and systems methods, theories, and research techniques to the investigation and solution of complex and advanced technical problems.
Examples of such experience could include:
- Server operating systems (OS) administration experience performing OS installation, configuration and management in an enterprise network environment; OR
- Experience assisting with implementing security hardening procedures for server operating systems;
In addition to meeting specialized experience, applicants must have proficiency in each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail, such as ensuring the integrity of servers and data that comprise infrastructure components.
- Customer Service, such as being responsible for security of customer servers and network components.
- Oral Communication, such as providing technical guidance, training, and instruction to lower grade IT Specialists.
- Problem Solving, such as performing and supporting IT studies in which alternatives are set forth or derived.
You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree. Attach a copy of transcript or list of college courses designating semester or quarter hours earned to ensure proper credit.
- For the GS-11, we will not pay relocation expenses.
- For the GS-12, factors such as cost effectiveness, labor market conditions and difficulties in filling the position will be reviewed in determining if payment of relocation expenses is in the best interest of the Government.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- This position is a critical sensitive position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Public Trust – Background Investigation will be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation. Periodic reinvestigation is required no later than five years after selection and at least every succeeding five years.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Technical, Teamwork, and Communication.
Referral: All candidates who meet all the qualifications and other eligibility requirements may be referred for consideration. Competitive examining rules providing for rating and ranking and veterans' preference do not apply.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must receive a score of 90 or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
A complete application includes 1. A résumé, 2. Vacancy question responses, and 3. Submission of any required documents. Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
All applicants are required to submit a résumé either by creating one in USAJOBS or uploading one of their own choosing. (Cover letters are optional.) To receive full credit for relevant experience, please list the month/date/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your résumé. We suggest that you preview the online questions, as you may need to customize your résumé to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. Please view résumé tips.
CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (CTAP) OR INTERAGENCY CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (ICTAP) DOCUMENTATION: If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee, click CTAP/ICTAP for eligibility and a detailed list of required documents.
EDUCATION DOCUMENTATION: For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected. A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page. If you are qualifying based on foreign education, you must submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency. Refer to the OPM instructions.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Our comprehensive benefits are very generous. Our benefits package includes:
- Challenging work, opportunities for advancement, competitive salaries, bonuses and incentive awards.
- Ten paid holidays, 13 days of sick leave, and 13 to 26 days of vacation time each year.
- Access to insurance programs that may be continued after you retire.
- A wide choice of health insurance plans, coverage for pre-existing conditions, and no waiting periods. We pay a substantial amount (up to 75%) of the health insurance premiums.
- A retirement program which includes employer-matching contributions.
- Learn more about Federal benefits programs at: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Pay_and_Benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
The following instructions outline our application process. You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement. We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET, Monday - Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, please contact us by noon ET on the announcement's closing date.
Fiscal Service provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
To begin, either click the “Create a New Account” button and follow the prompts to register or if you previously registered, click the "Apply Online" button and follow the prompts.
You will be re-directed to Fiscal Service's CareerConnector system to complete your application process; answer the online questions, and submit all required documents. (To submit supporting documents, click one of the available options; Upload; Fax; or Reuse existing documents. To protect your privacy, we suggest you first remove your SSN). Also, go to “My Account” to view and update your information, as necessary.
To complete, you must click the “Finish” button located at the bottom of the “Application Review” page.
To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application.
To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
If you are experiencing system issues with your application, please contact the CareerConnector Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or the USAJobs Help Desk.
Agency contact information
Applicant Call Center
AddressBureau of the Fiscal Service
*** Please see the "How to Apply" section ***
Parkersburg, West Virginia 26106
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world and we celebrate each individual’s identities and experiences. Our core value of inclusive diversity encourages our employees to be themselves and innovate from their unique perspectives.Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
1. Login to your USAJOBS account, select the "Applications" section and click on the vacancy you would like to view and have already applied for.
2. Under "application status," click "additional application information" and you will be taken to the CareerConnector website where you can check your application status. The "additional application information" link may not be available if your application status says "Unavailable." This indicates that your application is not complete.
If the "additional application information" link is not available and the vacancy is still open, you can click on the job announcement and "Update Application" to be taken back to the CareerConnector portion of the application.
Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. Also, note that if you provide an email address that is inaccurate or if your mailbox is full or blocked (e.g., spam-blocker), you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552392200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.