This is a Title 5 Excepted Service PositionLearn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a ITSPEC (INFOSEC), Position Description Number T5210100 and is part of the NJ JFHQ G6, National Guard.
As a ITSPEC (INFOSEC), GS-2210-11, you will:
- Enforce established policy and guidance for all Information Assurance Systems Officers throughout the state
- Enforce the state information assurance and accreditation policy
- Direct actions required to prevent and/or correct information assurance deficiencies and violations
- Exercise authority for denial of computer access and coordinates reestablishment of service
- Exercise authority for denial of computer access and coordinates reestablishment of service
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Areas VIII - Open to all U.S Citizens
Must have 36 months Specialized Experience education, or training in the following:
- Approach techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization.
- Plan the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls.
- Adapting of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment.
- Prepare documentation on cost/benefit studies where is involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience - For the GS-5 level, a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree may be substituted for the experience requirements. At the GS-7 level, one full year of graduate level education or superior academic achievement. At the GS-9 level, a masters or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree may be substituted. At the GS-11 level, a Ph.D. or equivalent, or 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree.
Undergraduate or Graduate Education: Degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
If you are claiming veteran's preference, you MUST submit the appropriate documentation. Failure to do so WILL result in the loss of veteran's preference.
- 10-Point Veterans' Preference: You MUST submit a signed SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the supporting documentation as required by the SF-15.
- 5-Point Veterans' Preference: You MUST submit a copy of your DD-214 which includes Character of Service (usually Member-4 copy). If you are currently active duty, you may submit written documentation (certification) from your branch of service certifying that you are expected to be discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions no later than 120 days after the date the certification is signed. The certification should also include when your terminal leave will begin, your rank and dates of active duty service.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed.
2. Your college transcript showing degree completed or worked towards, courses completed, and grade point average.
3. Proof of certification for all requisite certification requirements as outlined within this job opportunity announcement (if applicable).
4. Supporting documentation for all Veterans' Preference claims i.e. DD 214, SF-15, Medical Information, etc. (if applicable)
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
AddressNJ JFHQ G6
3650 Saylors Pond Road
Fort Dix, NJ 08640
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Army National Guard Units, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552002800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.