This position is located in the Office of the General Counsel (OGC), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).Learn more about this agency
Although the position is advertised equivalent to GS-11/12, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 4c/4b which is generally equal to GS-11/12.
- Provides on-going technical and administrative support to OGC attorneys in support of departmental goals.
- Manages or supports administrative aspects of MCC's Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) program, including independently reviewing and analyzing FOIA requests and records and drafting responses.
- Provides support, to MCC's program on preventing, detecting and remediating fraud and corruption, including contributing to the development and refinement of policy and guidance documents, training materials, operational procedures, performance standards, and other antifraud and corruption-related priorities.
- Performs legal and other research using both electronic (e.g., Westlaw) and manual library searches, and provides results to the requesting attorney. Provides support, as needed, on issues related to OGC databases and programs.
- Provides support on classification and declassification reviews, including monitoring compliance with records marking and management requirements and updating classified materials register.
- Manages, or supports, OGC contracting actions, including serving as Program Manager or Contracting Officer Representative (COR) where practicable, and provides ongoing contract management.
- Finalizes, formats, proofreads and prepare documents for signature; coordinates document production and signing logistics; and ensures proper delivery of executed documents to relevant parties.
- Provides support to OGC attorneys in review of MCC policies, including conducting legal research and maintaining information and records related to applicable policies.
- Develops and maintains filing systems, including databases, related to preserving and managing OGC agency records.
- Ensures departmental compliance with federal recordkeeping requirements and MCC policies on records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a federal security clearance
- Relocation expenses will not be paid
- More than 1 job may be filled if additional vacancies occur within 120 days
- Some domestic and international travel maybe required
QualificationsTo qualify for pay band 4c you must meet the following:
Have at least one year of specialized experience relevant to the position duties and comparable to the MCC Pay Band 5 (GS-9) or an equivalent level which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, this experience is defined as: reviewing and analyzing FOIA requests and records and drafting responses; experience conducting legal and other research using both electronic (e.g., Westlaw) and manual library searches; experience finalizing, formatting, proofreading and preparing documents for signature; and experience maintaining filing systems, databases, and document related to preserving and managing agency records. Note: This experience MUST be well documented within your resume or application.
Applicants may also qualify based on completing requirements for a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., in a field that is directly related to the duties of this position. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the work.
Applicants may qualify based on equivalent combinations of successfully completed education and experience to meet the experience requirements. Such experience/education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the work.
To qualify for pay band 4B you must meet the following:
Have at least one year of specialized experience relevant to the position duties and comparable to the MCC Pay Band 4C (GS-11) or an equivalent level which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, this experience is defined as: reviewing and analyzing FOIA requests and records and drafting responses; experience researching legal interpretation andother pertinent laws, Executive Orders, and FOIA court decisions and precedents and drafting summaries; experience conducting legal and other research using both electronic (e.g., Westlaw) and manual library searches; experience finalizing, formatting, proofreading and preparing legal or FOIA documents for signature; and experience maintaining filing systems, databases, and document related to preserving and managing agency records. Note: This experience MUST be well documented within your resume or application.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. To receive credit you must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours worked per week.
- The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower level, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position.
- Qualifications by Closing Date: You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement. Please note that qualification claims will be subject to verification.
- Pay: Your pay will be set within the range specified in this vacancy announcement and will be based on your qualifications, education, experience, training, and availability of funds.
- Promotion Potential: If the position is advertised with promotion potential, the selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition. Selection at a lower pay band level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level, nor is the promise of promotion implied.
- DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/ application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination.
- Selectee may be required to complete a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Form (OGE 450).
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government contractor issued travel card to be used for official business.
- Selectee may be required to complete a probationary/trial period.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once you complete and submit your application package, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire. The HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities related to the position such as:
- Information Management
- Minimum Qualifications
- Oral Communication
- Technical Competence
Based on the information you provided in your application package, we will assign you to one of three quality categories - Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Those applicants who are determined to be best qualified will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience your category can and will be adjusted to more reflect your abilities, and you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
The following documents must be received by the closing date of this announcement:
- Resume - Applicants MUST utilize resumes created using the USAJOBS-formatted Resume Builder (http://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/account/documents/resume/build/
- Current and former federal employees MUST submit a copy of a current SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action (such as promotion, reassignment, within-grade increase, or new appointment which shows status/tenure/pay).
- Unofficial college transcripts - if the position has an education requirement or if you are using education to qualify "Unofficial" transcripts are acceptable. If selected for the position, prior to your appointment, an official transcript will be required.
- If you are displaced Federal employee, you may be entitled to receive special priority consideration under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) or Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP). View information about ICTAP eligibility on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. To be considered eligible under ICTAP or CTAP, you must be placed in the "well-qualified" category for this position, as described above. See https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/
- Veterans Preference documentation (DD-214 - member 4 copy or other copies that indicate character of discharge or equivalent, SF-15 and VA Letter as appropriate) to validate your claim. For more information regarding eligibility requirements, please go to:www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
- If you are eligible for Special Appointment eligibility (e.g., 30% compensable veteran, individuals with disabilities, former Peace Corps or other noncompetitive eligibility candidates.) requires submission of supporting documentation. For more information visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
- Candidates MUST use USAJOBS-formatted resume using Resume Builder to apply to this position and to ensure that you have submitted a complete application. For tips on preparing your resume see: (https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/faq/application/documents/resume/what-to-include).
- To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Once your application is ready, you'll be sent from USAJOBS to the application system. Follow the prompts to complete your application and the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure that you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
- Note: To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account at www.usajobs, select Application Status, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position. To verify uploaded documents have been processed, please wait to ensure they have cleared the virus scan.
- To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following 10601949. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
- The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 09/20/2019.
- Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire http://www.opm.gov./forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf and
- Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documentations to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
Agency contact information
AddressOffice of General Counsel OGC
1099 14th St NW
Washington, DC 20005
If you are looking to be a part of a dynamic team environment then MCC is the place for you! Visit our Website at http://www.mcc.gov to see the life changing projects our staffs are undertaking. MCC's mission is to reduce poverty through economic growth.
Our model is defined by principles of selectivity, country ownership, transparency, and a focus on results. Our values identify who we are and what is important to us. MCC's values are CLEAR - Collaboration, Learning, Excellence, Accountability and Respect. We recruit staff that will embody and uphold these values.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Millennium Challenge Corporation, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Upon receipt of the online questionnaire, you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. We will assess your experience and transcript(s) (if appropriate), identify the best-qualified applicants, and refer those applications to the hiring manager for further consideration and interview. We will notify you by email after each of these steps has been completed. We expect to make a final job offer within 40 days after the deadline for applications.
By submitting your application, you are certifying the accuracy of the information contained in your application. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be terminated after you begin work.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/545340500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.