THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a GS-0346-12 SUPERVISORY LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (TITLE 5), Position Description Number T5119000 in SPMD 122K and is part of the MO Directorate of Logistics.
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This position is a Temporary Promotion vacancy NTE One Year in the Excepted Service. This is a non-bargaining unit position. SEE NOTES UNDER CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT BELOW.
- Serves as the principal advisor to the Director of Logistics Deputy Chief of Staff Logistics (DCSLOG G4), on Standard Army Management Information System (STAMIS) systems and Automated Logistical Programs.
- Provides oversight on matters pertaining to the fielding and operation of the Combat Service Support (CSS) STAMIS and other automated logistics applications.
- Utilizes an extensive knowledge of logistics programs/ operations and a clear understanding of automated systems to manage projects and programs for systems integration of CSS automation.
- Identifies funding requirements to support CSSAMO SASMO operations, justifies and submits budget requirements for state operating budget, and executes funds received.
- Reviews organization mission, functions, and manning.
- Identifies requirements and initiates requests for additional resources including personnel, overtime, equipment, supplies, and space to ensure success in meeting goals and objectives.
- Provides advice to supervisor on significant issues and problems related to work accomplishment.
- Accepts, amends, or rejects work presented by subordinates.
- Performs self-inspection and presents a detailed and comprehensive report with any corrective action taken to supervisor.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, diagnostics and resolution of technical problems identified in trouble tickets for STAMIS system.
- Performs initial setup of specified STAMIS computers to include loading software, configuring modem and network card(s), assigning Internet Protocol (IP) addresses with correct subnet, connectivity to the network as required.
- Coordinates with help desk personnel on resolution methods while staying in contact with other support personnel for additional and priority escalation.
- Coordinates and communicates with higher headquarters, program manager, and Customer Assistance Office (CAO) regarding CSS operations and automated systems support, problem resolution, software upgrades and change packages.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for Functional Administrators and the users of the serviced database(s).
- Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities.
- Advises and provides counsel to employees regarding policies, procedures, and directives of management.
- Selects or recommends selection of candidates for vacancies, promotions, details, and reassignments in consideration of skills and qualifications, and mission requirements.
- Develops, modifies, and/or interprets performance standards.
- Explains performance expectations to employees and provides regular feedback on strengths and weaknesses.
- Hears and resolves employee complaints and refers serious unresolved complaints to higher level management.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Management retains the right to terminate this temporary promotion action OR convert this position to permanent status without further competition.
- United States Citizenship is required.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Appointments of retired members of the Armed Forces as National Guard employees within 180 days of retirement requires a waiver approved by the Adjutant General of Missouri before an effective date can be established.
QualificationsGS-12 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector that demonstrates your ability to plan, schedule, control and direct the use of logistics resources to meet mission requirements; identify activities that are involved in logistical support operations; integrate the actions of a variety of specialized support activities in order to develop a comprehensive logistics plan; monitor such functions as program planning, resource and fiscal management, training, manpower management, and/or automated data processing to meet the logistics plan and identify delays or problems; and work with people from various levels and backgrounds to elicit their cooperation to perform specific tasks, or comply with regulations, laws, or practices.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
Veterans' Preference: A copy of your DD Form 214 which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of purple heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
Veterans Information: Veterans' preference must be validated by formal submissions including all necessary supporting documentation. You must provide acceptable documentation of your preference or appointment eligibility. Acceptable documentation may be:
1. A copy of your DD-214, "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty," which shows dates of service and discharge under honorable conditions.
2. A "certification" that is a written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is signed.
3. You may obtain a letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs reflecting your level of disability for preference eligibility by visiting a VA Regional Office, contacting a VA call center or online.
NOTE: Prior to appointment, an agency will require the service member to provide a copy of the DD-214.
If claiming 10 point preference, you will need to submit a Standard Form, SF-15, "Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference."
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Category Rating: Your application will be evaluated and rated under Category Rating selection procedures. Once the application process is complete, a review of your qualifications will be conducted to determine if you are qualified for this job. Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The quality categories are:
a. Highly-Qualified: The numeric value rating normally ranges from 90-100 points. This higher numeric value group is applied for those candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position, including all selective placement factors and appropriate numeric ranking factor(s) as determined by the job analysis and crediting plan. To be Highly-Qualified, the candidates are considered, by the Human Resources Specialist (Staffing), as highly proficient and fully competent to effectively perform all the job requirements and can successfully perform in the position almost immediately, or with a minimum amount of training and/or orientation.
b. Well-Qualified: The numeric value group normally ranges from 80-89 points. This next lower numeric value group is used for those candidates that meet the minimum qualifications of the position and are proficient in most, but not all, of the requirements of the position. Candidates may require some training and/or orientation in order to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
c. Qualified: The numeric value group normally ranges from 70-79 points. This lowest group is for those candidates who meet the minimum qualifications of the position and are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the position. Candidates will require extensive training and/or orientation in order to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Resume or any other written format
Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year) of employment and duties performed.
Helpful Hints for Applying:
- Ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.
- Be specific and include details about the experience and duties performed that relates to the position you are applying for.
2. If you are using education to qualify for this position OR education is a mandatory requirement to meet qualifications, YOU MUST submit copies of college transcripts that identify each course, the college or university, semester or quarter hours earned, grade and grade-point received. Submitting a certificate or a degree will not suffice. You must submit transcripts when required. Photocopies are acceptable.
3. If you have been or currently are a Federal Civil Service employee, please submit a copy of your last Notification of Personnel Action, Form SF-50. If you have never been a Federal Civil Service employee, this is not a requirement. This is also not a requirement for current National Guard employees of the Missouri National Guard.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10557417
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
AddressMO Directorate of Logistics
7101 Military Circle
Jefferson City, MO 65101-1208
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Army National Guard Units, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540184700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.