THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a GS-2005-04/05/06 SUPPLY TECHNICIAN (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1098000 in SPMD 2342 and is part of the MO 1137th Military Police Company.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This position is a Temporary vacancy NTE One Year in the Excepted Service. This is a bargaining position. SEE NOTES UNDER CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT BELOW.
- Responsible for the day-to-day logistical and maintenance programs for the unit.
- Researches, coordinates and requests all classes of supply, loan items, and training aids for the unit's training and operations.
- Functions as the unit's principal advisor to ensure the implementation of the Command Supply Discipline Program.
- Responsible for the individual clothing records for unit members including accountability, requisition, distribution, and maintenance.
- Prepares requests, receives, issues, and monitors accountability of Organizational Clothing and Individual Equipment.
- Oversees the issuance and turn-in of equipment for all unit level actions and activities.
- Conducts or oversees the conduct of cyclic inventories, sensitive items inventories. Schedules equipment for calibration and alignment as is required by higher headquarters guidance.
- Completes, processes, and ensures completion of automated work orders for the repair of equipment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Under a temporary appointment, the employment is subject to termination at any time.
- This position can be filled up to four years as long as funds are available to support it.
- In the event a permanent (Tenure 1 or 2) employee is selected, and is willing to accept the temporary appointment, that employee will relinquish permanent status.
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact an Army National Guard recruiter at 1-800-GO-GUARD (1-800-464-8273) prior to applying for this position.
- This is an Excepted Service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Missouri National Guard prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an Excepted Service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Individuals on incentive bonuses may be subject to recoupment or termination, contact the State Incentives Manager at (573) 638-9500 extension 37637 for questions concerning recoupment or termination.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Failure to complete management prescribed courses for full-time support personnel within the first year of employment or assignment, may be cause for reassignment or termination.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: ENLISTED
Since the position is temporary in nature, the compatibility requirements will be waived for a period of time not to exceed one year. Selecting official must verify that selected individual is currently assigned to a military unit in the Missouri National Guard and that the selection does not create grade inversion.
Technicians will not be militarily senior to their full-time supervisor (grade inversion).
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Must possess experience, education, or training, in a variety of operations or situations concerned with substance or content of supply actions, requiring ability to decide course of action to take, considering the circumstances or conditions encountered; and experience using computer and automation systems.
GS-06 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must possess 9 months of specialized experience, education, or training which demonstrates knowledge of governing supply regulations, policies, procedures, and instructions applicable to the specific assignment. The specialized experience must also demonstrate your ability to conduct searches for required information; reconstruct records for routine supply transactions; and/or provide supply operations support for activities involving specialized or unique supplies, equipment, and parts; and perform routine aspects of supply specialist work based on practical knowledge of standard procedures, where assignments include individual case problems related to a limited segment in one of the major areas of supply management.
GS-05 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must possess 6 months of specialized experience that demonstrates knowledge of standardized supply regulations, policies, procedures, or other instructions relating to the specific functions of a supply system; experience that demonstrates knowledge of one or more automated supply databases to enter and retrieve recurring reports; and working knowledge of the structure of a supply organization and the organizations serviced.
GS-04 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must possess 3 months of specialized experience, education, or training which demonstrates knowledge of basic or commonly applied rules, procedures, or operations in a supply function such as, filling out, posting, filing, controlling, or coding documents and/or transactions.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience at the GS-04 and GS-05 grade levels only.
If you are using Education to qualify for this position at the GS-04 grade level, you must possess 2 academic years of education in an accredited college or university.
If you are using Education to qualify for this position at the GS-05 grade level, you must possess 3 academic years of education in an accredited college or university and at least 90 semester hours of study.
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
Helpful Hints for Applying:
- Ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.
- Include details about the experience that relates to the position you are applying for.
- Be specific and always include Month and Year for the dates of your experience.
- Be sure to include your applicable military experience and explain the duties of the MOS/AFSC held.
2. If you are using education to qualify for this position OR education is a mandatory requirement to meet qualifications, YOU MUST submit copies of college transcripts that identify each course, the college or university, semester or quarter hours earned, grade and grade-point received. Submitting a certificate or a degree will not suffice. You must submit transcripts when required. Photocopies are acceptable.
3. If if you have previous Federal Civil Service employment or are employed by another Federal Agency, please submit a copy of your last Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50. If you have never been a Federal Civil Service employee, this is not a requirement. This is also not a requirement for current Technicians employed by the Missouri National Guard.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10557747
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
AddressMO 1137th Military Police Company
1450 North Bypass
Kennett, MO 63857-1334
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Army National Guard Units, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540155600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.