THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This is for a WG-2604-10 ELECTRONICS MECHANIC (TITLE 32) National Guard position, Position Description Number D0874000 in SPMD 4740 and is part of the MO TASMG Shop.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This position is an Indefinite-Reimbursable vacancyin the Excepted Service. This is a bargaining position. SEE NOTES UNDER CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT BELOW.
- Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and troubleshoots components, assemblies or subassemblies.
- Removes and replaces defective or malfunctioning parts, including transistors, diodes, resistors, capacitors, and switches.
- Modifies equipment in accordance with published Modification Work Orders or Technical Bulletins.
- Troubleshoots aircraft wiring harnesses and connectors and repairs by replacing wires, junction boxes, etc.
- Installs equipment in the aircraft and completes operational tests.
- When designated on NGB Flying Status Orders, serves as member of flight crew for the purpose of diagnosing and recording malfunctions, or otherwise determining maintenance and repair requirements.
- Guides lower level mechanics in the performance of duties.
- Conducts on-the-job training on assigned systems and related support equipment and tasks to include classroom instruction as necessary.
- Processes and accounts for due-in supply assets.
- Ensures that materiel and equipment are properly stored, protected and maintained and that funds are not obligated for materiel or parts without proper justification.
- Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations such as Operational Readiness Evaluations (ORE), Command Logistics Readiness Inspections (CLRT-X), and Aviation Resource Management Surveys.
- Equipment functions include transmission, reception, indication, transformation, computation, mixing, amplification, conversion, sweep and pulse generation, timing, and modulation.
- Units repaired include assemblies and subassemblies of UHF and VHF radio sets, VOR navigation radios, automatic direction finder navigation radios, AM and FM radio sets, radio marker beacons, intercommunication sets, control consoles and speakers.
- Units worked on include components, assemblies, and subassemblies of intercommunication sets, control consoles, speakers, stabilization augmentation systems (SAS), and similar electronic and navigation equipment.
- Units worked on include components, assemblies, and subassemblies of UHF and VHF radio sets, VOR navigation radios, automatic direction finder (ADF) navigation radios, AM and FM radio sets, radio marker beacons,
- Repairs, inspects, maintains, modifies, overhauls and installs a variety of avionics electronics equipment of moderate complexity of design, construction, and function.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- This position is authorized to be filled as long as reimbursable funds are available.
- In the event a permanent (Tenure 1 or 2) employee is selected, and is willing to accept the indefinite appointment, that employee will relinquish permanent status.
- Employment can be terminated with a 30 day notice.
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact an Army National Guard recruiter at 1-800-GO-GUARD (1-800-464-8273) prior to applying for this position.
- This is an Excepted Service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Missouri National Guard prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an Excepted Service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Individuals on incentive bonuses may be subject to recoupment or termination, contact the State Incentives Manager at (573) 638-9500 extension 37647 for questions concerning recoupment or termination.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Pre-placement or baseline physical are required for newly hired or appointed Wage Grade personnel who may be potentially exposed to health hazards in the work environment.
- Failure to complete management prescribed courses for full-time support personnel within the first year of employment or assignment, may be cause for reassignment or termination.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an Excepted Service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter at 1-800-GO-GUARD (1-800-464-8273) prior to applying for this position. Selected candidate will be required to be in a compatible military assignment prior to effective date of placement. Selected candidate must be MOS qualified within 12 months from date of appointment.
Warrant Officer - Branch 94; MOS 913A or 915E
Enlisted - CMF 94; MOS 14G, 14H, 14T, 14Z, 15F, 15J, 15K, 15N, 15X, 15Y, 25B, 25C, 25L, 25N, 25P, 25Q, 25R, 25S, 25T, 25W, 25X, 25Z, 91A, 91F, 91G, 91X, and 91Z
Supervisor must verify that selected individual occupies a compatible military position. Technicians will not be militarily senior to their full-time supervisor or wage leader (grade inversion).
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Must possess general experience, education or training which demonstrates your knowledge of electrical or electronic theory, knowledge of common testing procedures, skill in the use of hand tools of the electronics trade, and skill in reading schematics.
WG-10 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must possess 18 months of specialized experience in aviation electronics utilizing principles, basic functions and application of theory of electronic systems or equipment. Experience in diagnosing problems and determining needed repairs of avionics/electronic equipment using complex test equipment such as deviation meters, complex special test panels, etc. Experience in making mechanical repairs that require the use of precision measuring and calibrating equipment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
Helpful Hints for Applying:
- Ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.
- Include details about the experience that relates to the position you are applying for.
- Be specific and always include Month and Year for the dates of your experience.
- Be sure to include your applicable military experience and explain the duties of the MOS/AFSC held.
2. If you are using education to qualify for this position OR education is a mandatory requirement to meet qualifications, YOU MUST submit copies of college transcripts that identify each course, the college or university, semester or quarter hours earned, grade and grade-point received. Submitting a certificate or a degree will not suffice. You must submit transcripts when required. Photocopies are acceptable.
3. If if you have previous Federal Civil Service employment or are employed by another Federal Agency, please submit a copy of your last Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50. If you have never been a Federal Civil Service employee, this is not a requirement. This is also not a requirement for current Technicians employed by the Missouri National Guard.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10538171
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
AddressMO TASMG Shop
5250 West Depot Road
Springfield, MO 65803-9513
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Army National Guard Units, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537833600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.