Departmental Offices is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated students to serve as non-paid student volunteers to assist in the performance of its mission. From September 9, 2019 - December 13, 2019, students will be exposed to the Federal work environment and will learn about the mission and the roles and responsibilities of the Department of the Treasury.Learn more about this agency
Departmental Offices is comprised of divisions headed by Assistant Secretaries and Under Secretaries who are primarily responsible for policy formulation and overall management of the Treasury Department. These offices include:
- Executive Offices of the Secretary of the Treasury
- Domestic Finance
- Economic Policy
- General Counsel
- International Affairs
- Legislative Affairs
- Management/Chief Financial Officer
- Public Affairs
- Tax Policy
- Terrorism and Financial Intelligence
Students must possess a desire to learn about government and public policy and be skillful to perform a variety of tasks relating to activities in the areas of finance; federal regulation; domestic and international economic issues; legal and policy guidance; congressional relations, IT/IS inclined as well as possess the following qualities:
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Stong written and oral communication.
- Attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint, Visio, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to organize a variety of assignments simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (proper documentation required)
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Successfully complete Pre-Employment Background Investigation
- Actively enrolled at least part-time in an accredited institution
- Must be in good academic standing (2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale)
- <b> RELOCATION AND HOUSING EXPENSES ARE PAID BY STUDENT</b>
To be eligible for this internship ALL of the following requirements MUST BE MET at the time of submission:
1. Be a U.S. Citizen (Proper Documentation Required)
2. Be at least 16 years of age
3. Actively enrolled as a degree-seeking student at an accredited educational institution not less than half-time
4. Be in good academic standing (At least a 2.0 GPA)
5. Provide current transcript (unofficial is acceptable) Your application must show all requirements, including education and/or experience required for this position are met. You will be found "INELIGIBLE" if you do not possess the minimum requirements described above required for the position. If your application is incomplete, you will be deemed ineligible.
QualificationsTo be considered for the Fall Student Volunteer Internship, you must apply via the on-line application.
Student must maintain student eligibility and enrollment before and throughout the duration of the internship. (Be actively enrolled at an accredited institution not less than half-time). Graduated students may not volunteer beyond his/her graduation date without proof of future enrollment in an accredited university.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Student must maintain student eligibility and enrollment throughout the duration of the internship. (Be actively enrolled at least part-time at an accredited institution). Graduated students may not volunteer beyond his/her graduation date without proof of future enrollment in an accredited university.
• Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, and if you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, to certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
• Successfully complete a background investigation.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Your application includes your:
1. Resume; (Uploaded version preferred)
2. Responses to the online questions; and
3. Current Transcripts. (Unofficial is acceptable)
4. Writing Sample. (Optional - May be requested during interview phase)
Students must submit all required documentation during the application process to be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered. We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process.
To preview questions please click here.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Please note that if you do not provide all required documentation, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position. All applications must include:
1. Resume (Uploaded version preferred)
2. Responses to Online Questions
3. Current Transcript (Unofficial is Acceptable)
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
The following instructions outline our application process. You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement. We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET, Monday - Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, please contact us by noon ET on the announcement's closing date.
DO provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
To begin, either click the “Create a New Account” button and follow the prompts to register or if you previously registered, click the "Apply Online" button and follow the prompts.
You will be re-directed to DO's CareerConnector system to complete your application process; answer the online questions, and submit all required documents. (To submit supporting documents, click one of the available options; Upload; Fax; or Reuse existing documents. To protect your privacy, we suggest you first remove your SSN). Also, go to “My Account” to view and update your information, as necessary.
To complete, you must click the “Finish” button located at the bottom of the “Application Review” page.
To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application.
To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
If you are experiencing system issues with your application, please contact the CareerConnector Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or the USAJOBS Help Desk.
Agency contact information
Office of Human Resources
AddressDepartmental Offices (DO)
1500 Pennslyvania Avenue, NW
Washington, District of Columbia 20220
Are you looking for a challenging internship to gain valuable work experience in public service? The 2019 Fall Student Volunteer Internship Program is designed to give students a unique opportunity to witness and contribute to the Department of the Treasury's vital mission of "managing the U.S. Government's finances effectively, promoting economic growth and stability, and ensuring the safety, soundness and security of the U.S. and international financial systems."Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow
1. Login to your USAJOBS account, select the "Applications" section and click on the vacancy you would like to view and have already applied for.
2. Under "application status," click "additional application information" and you will be taken to the CareerConnector website where you can check your application status. The "additional application information" link may not be available if your application status says "Unavailable." This indicates that your application is not complete.
If the "additional application information" link is not available and the vacancy is still open, you can click on the job announcement and "Update Application" to be taken back to the CareerConnector portion of the application.
Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. Also, note that if you provide an email address that is inaccurate or if your mailbox is full or blocked (e.g., spam-blocker), you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537475100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.