WHAT IS THE FACILITIES MANAGEMENT & SERURITY SERVICES (FMSS) DIVISION? The FACILITIES MANAGEMENT & SECURITY SERVICES (FMSS) DIVISION customers are IRS employees. FMSS identifies and delivers value-added, cost efficient, shared service solutions, that facilitate the success of the IRS mission.
See Other Information for LocationsLearn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A SUPPORT SERVICES SPECIALIST (CAFM PROGRAM MANAGER) DO? As a Support Services CAFM Program Manager, you will provide technical advice, consultation and assistance to management on a wide range of program issues. In this role, you will use technical knowledge of AutoCAD drawing management and the concepts of CAFM database management and design as a means for accomplishing work assignments and related analytical studies and projects. You will be regularly consulted for advice and guidance in developing solutions to complex and difficult problems.
As a Support Services Specialist (CAFM Program Manager) you will:
- Serve as primary liaison and responsible for technical facets of AutoCAD software and CAFM system deployment.
- Update the AutoCAD master files and CAFM database; Review for accuracy and compliance and demonstrate a complete understanding of the system's scope, principles, and applications.
- Analyze and reconcile discrepancy reports; Conduct data audits to identify inconsistencies and errors.
- Provide support in troubleshooting and guidance on technical issues.
- Create Drawing Web Format (DWF) files.
- Direct, assure, and coordinate activities and decisions focusing on meeting relatively clear, stable, and congruent goals of the national CAD and CAFM programs.
- Develop appropriate responses to environmental or internal changes.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at http://www.jobs.irs.gov/.
Occasional travel - 6 to 10 Travel Nights per Month
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
GS-12 LEVEL: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Knowledge of the methods and procedures for providing or performing a variety of functions and services applicable to the position to be filled; ability to plan, organize, and control work involving diverse activities; ability to gain cooperation and coordinate the work of others; and skill in oral and written communications. Specifically, your experience must be sufficient to demonstrate analytical and evaluative techniques, qualitative and quantitative, sufficient to gather, identify, evaluate and develop new/modified work methods and approaches. You must have experience with CAD drawing management and CAFM system management, with an in-depth focus on the use of AutoCAD software. This should include skill in using AutoCAD 2000 version or later software to prepare design-intent-drawings, interior space plans, and construction drawings. Experience as a designer, drafter, engineer or architect is generally qualifying.
-The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
-To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable: You must have been at the next lower grade level of the grade you are applying to for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).
One (1) Position for FMSS/Real Property Management/Workplace Data. ONLY (1) ONE Selection will be made from only one of the following POD's:
310 Lowell St, Andover, MA (MA0137); 1160 W 1200 S. Ogden, UT (UT0036); 290 Bwy-Foley Square, New York, NY (NY0350); 401 W Peachtree St, Atlanta, GA (GA0087); 300 Madison Ave, Covington, KY (KY3005); 55 South Market Street, Philadelphia, PA (PA0809); 1222 Spruce, St. Louis, MO (MO0106); 5000 Ellin Rd, Lanham-Seabrook, MD (MD0278); 575 N. Pennsylvania, Indianapolis, IN (IN0133); 1250 Edwin Miller Blvd, Martinsburg, WV (WV0273).
POSITION DESCRIPTIONS: 95929-GS12
A PM/C SharePoint site is available for IRS Employees at: https://organization.ds.irsnet.gov/sites/HCOETS/PMC/SPDLibrary/SitePages/Home.aspx
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
- Must meet IRS telework eligibility requirements
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm.
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to 2 years of returns.
- If you are an IRS/Treasury employee eligible for consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), you must submit proof of eligibility by 11:59 PM ET on the closing date of this announcement. If you have any questions concerning your eligibility please refer back to the CTAP Documentation link in the vacancy under How You Will Be Evaluated.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated on the CJEs of the position to be filled per the National Agreement Article 13.
Your application will also be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. IRS employees may obtain most recent awards listing at https://persinfo.web.irs.gov/
Your rating may be lowered, if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Treasury employee eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), you must receive a score of 80 or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
A complete application includes 1. A resume, 2. Vacancy question responses, and 3. Submission of any required documents. Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you will not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
All applicants are required to submit a resume either by creating one in USAJOBS or uploading one of their own choosing. (Cover letters are optional). To receive full credit for relevant experience, please list the month/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your resume. We suggest that you preview the online questions, as you may need to customize your resume to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. Please view Resume Tips.
Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) DOCUMENTATION If you are a displaced or surplus Treasury employee, click CTAP for eligibility and a detailed list of required documents. IRS CTAP eligibles can apply for jobs within and outside the commuting area.
IRS Reassignment Preference Program (RPP) You must meet the requirements in your RPP notice. Submit a copy of your RPP Notice along with a copy of your most recent annual performance appraisal. Your performance appraisal must have a fully successful or higher overall rating.
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL/AWARDS Submit a copy of your most recent completed performance appraisal. If a revalidated appraisal is used for merit promotion, the supervisor must prepare a narrative for each critical job element that does not have a narrative describing the performance in the appraisal period covered by the rating. Note: If you are a manager or management official, your most recent annual performance appraisal must be used for the overall rating identified.
EDUCATION DOCUMENTATION If you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. If the position has specific education requirements and you are currently (or have previously been) in the Federal job series to be filled, there is no need to submit a transcript or equivalent at this time. An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page.
If you are qualifying based on foreign education, you must submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency. Refer to the OPM instructions.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
As a current employee, you know the great benefits we offer. Should you have any questions about benefits, please contact the Employee Resource Center (ERC) at 1-866-743-5748 option #1 for ERC.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
The following instructions outline our application process. You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement. We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. ET, Monday - Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, please contact us by noon ET on the announcement's closing date.
Treasury believes in a working environment that supports inclusion; please view our reasonable accommodation policies and procedures at http://jobs.irs.gov/seasonal/reasonable-accommodation.html We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. Please contact Deborah Smith at 631-977-3768 or email at Deborah.L.Smith2@irs.gov if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
- To begin, either click the “Create a New Account” button and follow the prompts to register or if you previously registered, click the "Apply Online" button and follow the prompts.
- You will be re-directed to Treasury’s CareerConnector system to complete your application process; answer the online questions, and submit all required documents. (To submit supporting documents, click one of the available options; Upload; Fax; or Reuse existing documents. To protect your privacy, we suggest you first remove your SSN). Also, go to “My Account” to view and update your information, as necessary.
- To complete, you must click the “Submit Application” button located at the bottom of the “Application Review” page.
- To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received.
- To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
If you are experiencing system issues with your application, please contact the CareerConnector Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or the USAJOBS Help Desk.
Agency contact information
IRS JOBS ONLINE HELP DESK
AddressINTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE
1040 Waverly Ave
Holtsville, New York 11742
WHY IS THE IRS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK? As an IRS employee, you will feel proud knowing you helped make America stronger while working at one of the world's biggest financial institutions. You will be part of an organization that collects over $2 trillion in revenue and processes over 200 million tax returns annually. We are proud of how we apply the tax law with integrity and fairness to all. The IRS hires talented and dedicated individuals from many backgrounds, including accounting, business, finance, law enforcement and information technology. You will be challenged and supported on a daily basis. Whether you are just starting out or looking for a new opportunity, consider an IRS career
You may check the status of your application for this position at any time by logging onto the USAJOBS “My Account” tab and clicking on “Application Status.” For a more detailed update of your application status, you may click on “more information.”
Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. Also, note that if you provide an email address that is inaccurate or if your mailbox is full or blocked (e.g., spam-blocker), you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536550500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.