The Defense Acquisition University (DAU) is the recognized leader as a corporate university, advancing the use of technology in all areas of education. Faculty members are "thinking partners" with customers and students, continuously improving product and service delivery to provide the right knowledge and skills at the point of need. This position is for a Professor of Contract Management, providing mission assistance, classroom offerings and on-line resources.Learn more about this agency
Serves as Professor of Contract management with extensive contracting knowledge and experience in the procurement of a variety of supplies and services, including research and development, systems acquisition, operation contracting, construction, logistics and sustainment, contingency and contract cost and pricing.
- Develops and conducts lectures, cases, simulations, workshops and field trips.
- Leads and facilitates student discussion, problem solving, and presentations.
- Prepares course materials (student and instructor) according to current instructional systems design technology and develops course schedules.
- Develops and analyzes student assessments, and provides student counseling to ensure the highest degree of learning.
- .Participates in professional research to ensure curriculum currency and also to enhance the skill set and processes in your field of expertise.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 30% for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- DAU participates in e-Verify with the DHS and USCIS
- Security Clearance: Secret
QualificationsYou must have specialized experience directly relating to the specific duties of the position, and demonstrate that you have the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully
We are seeking contracting experts within the Department of Defense who have a demonstrated ability for teaching what they know. Well-qualified candidates will have experience in multiple areas, such as services, supplies, construction, architect-engineer services, research & development, major systems, and contingency contracting. Wel\-qualified candidates will also have experience in various locations, and working for different DoD agencies.
Your resume must demonstrate:
- Extensive contracting knowledge and experience in the procurement of a variety of supplies and services, including research and development, systems acquisition, operational contracting, construction, logistics and sustainment, contingency and contract cost and pricing. You must also demonstrate how you would apply your knowledge, experience, and technical skills to teach and facilitate higher levels of learning for the Department of Defense Acquisition Workforce. This requires an in-depth knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), the DoD Supplement to the FAR (DFARS), and the Procedures, Guidance and Instructions (PG\) companion to the DFARS.
- Foundational Learning (Teaching): Ability to teach and facilitate adult learning. This includes: the ability to communicate (oral\y and in writing) complex managerial material to students with different backgrounds and experiences; a proficiency in delivery methods such as guided discussions, short lectures, role plays, problem-based learning (PBL} and case studies; the ability to incorporate the learner's experience into the learning process along with the ability to motivate learners to participate actively in the learning process; and the ability to organize information. Typical courses are 1, 2, or 4 weeks in.duration. Instruction is provided both on campus and off-site, which will require periodic travel.
- Performance Learning (Consulting and mission assistance): Ability to consult with DoD clients at various levels of authority from mid-grade to general officers/S_ES, including but not limited to areas related to both · pre- and post-award contracting/acquisition to include the ability to assist in guiding acquisition strategy development, the acquisition planning process, source selection and contract administration.
- Workflow Learning (Asset management and delivery): Ability to significantly contribute to, manage or develop both in-residence and online learning assets/products for the career field or other DoD Acquisition Workforce members. This ability must include the continuous assessment, currency, and quality of these artifacts.
DAU has a comprehensive benefits package that includes retirement, social security, and thrift savings; health, life, and long term care insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. DAU employees enjoy flexible work schedules, transit subsidy, and the opportunity to telecommute.
For additional information on specific health benefits, life insurance, retirement, etc. please visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp.
For additional information on the Thrift Savings Plan please visit: http://www.tsp.gov.
For additional Veteran's information please visit: http://www.usajobs.gov/ei/VetPreference.asp or http://www.fedshirevets.gov
DAWIA Level III (in Contracting) required, with ability to obtain Level III certification within 24 months.
- If selected for this position, you MUST be able to begin work within 90 days of acceptance.
- Drug Testing: This position may be subject to random drug testing.
- You will be required to join the DAU Faculty Plan as established by Title 10 of the US Code. This position is in the excepted service (non-career). Candidates currently in the competitive service will be required to sign a statement indicating that they are leaving the competitive services voluntarily to accept an appointment in the excepted service.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): You must be well qualified for the position to receive special selection priority under the ICTAP. A qualified ICTAP eligible achieving a score of 85 or above will be considered "well qualified". For more information, go to: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap(http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap)
- Reemployed Annuitants: Department of Defense has the authority to hire annuitants without reduction in pay. For more information, go to: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf (htt
Multiple vacancies may be filled at various geographic locations within the Defense Acquisition University. Pay will vary by geographic location.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply to this vacancy. Your application (resume and supporting documentation) will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required as listed on the announcement under qualification requirements.
Veterans' preference eligibility is treated as a positive factor when making a selection from external sources. It is applied when the organization makes a final selection from the candidates with substantially equal qualifications as described in the Best Meets Mission Requirements definition below. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package.
Best Meets Mission Requirements definition: Applicant has the knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies to substantially exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. This equates to the best qualified assessment criteria established for the vacancy and based on overall demonstrated experience, education, training, appraisals/evaluations, job-related awards, certifications, honors and relevant outside activities.
Pay Band A: Minimum Prerequisites
You must possess a Bachelor's Degree in a related area from an accredited college or university and have at least 4 years of experience in the appropriate functional area in either government or industry.
Pay Band B: Minimum Prerequisites
You must possess a Master's Degree in a related area from an accredited college or university and have at least 6 years of experience in the appropriate functional area in either government or industry.
Pay Band C: Minimum Prerequisites
You must possess a Master's Degree in a related area from an accredited college or university and have at least 8 years of experience in the appropriate functional area in either government or industry.
The President of DAU can waive all criteria.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Résumé: The latest resume submitted will be used to determine qualifications.
- Complete Assessment Questionnaire
- Other Supporting Documents
- SF-50 - (If applicable) Notification of Personnel Action for current or former federal employees- with the exception of current permanent DAU employees, please provide your most recent SF50 or the SF50 reflecting Career/Career-Conditional tenure and the highest grade held on a permanent basis.
- If you claim Veteran's Preference, (5 or 10 points) you MUST provide a copy of your DD Form 214 (Member Copy 4) listing the dates of military service and rank. If you are claiming 10 points (10 percent or more disability), you must also provide a letter from the Veterans Affairs Office and a completed SF-15 (Application for 10-point Veterans Preference - http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf) substantiating your claim.
- Performance Appraisal: Current or previous federal employees.
- Other documents identified in the announcement.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package. See required documents below.
Click 'Apply Online' to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
1. Follow the prompts to complete the assessment questionnaire and upload required documents.
2. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application.
3. Check application status by logging into your USAJOBS account, clicking Application Status, then More Information for this position. Return to an incomplete application by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
Agency contact information
HR Customer Care Center
AddressDEFENSE ACQUISITION UNIVERSITY
9820 Belvoir Road
Ft. Belvoir, VA 22060
This announcement will be open for 90 days. At the end of each 30 day period, a certificate of eligible applicants will be created for the hiring managers to review. PCS costs are not authorized for this position, however, incentives may be offered.
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. ALL eligible candidates will be forwarded to DAU for consideration. DAU will have a panel review all applicants and will contact individuals for interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps has been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to drive status updates notification for applicants. You can elect to activate the proactive notification from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process to sign-up for automatic alerts when there are status changes for jobs to which you have applied.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533608000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.