This position is located in the Department of Policy and Evaluation (DPE), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).Learn more about this agency
Although the position is advertised equivalent to GS-12/13, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 4b/4a which is generally equal to GS-12/13.
- Conducts analysis and data cleaning for cost benefit analysis and beneficiary analyses.
- Supports the analysis of the primary constraints to growth in partner countries and the economics and policy frameworks in the sectors under consideration, and makes recommendations on sector requirements and reforms that will stimulate both public and private investment and optimize impact on productive assets.
- Participates in a variety of complex projects and assignments associated with the monitoring and evaluation of long-term international development programs affiliated with country compacts.
- Provides research and data analysis in support of MCC's results framework, including constraints analysis, economic rate of return analysis, beneficiary analysis, monitoring and impact evaluation.
- Conducts economic research and special projects for lead economists, department and corporate management when requested.
- Administers the divisional due diligence and travel budget and handles travel and reimbursement issues for division.
- Provides active support in the management of contractual resources.
- Manages information for results pages on mcc.gov, which includes drafting new content, preparing technical data and analysis for a public audience, and coordinating regular updates.
- Organizes regular meetings of MCC economists and evaluation practitioners. Coordinates the procurements of contractors and consultants when necessary.
- Provides logistical and administrative support as needed.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a federal security clearance
- More than 1 job may be filled if additional vacancies occur within 120 days
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Some domestic and international travel may be required
QualificationsThis position has a minimum education requirement.
A. You must have a degree in economics that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus.
B. A combination of education and experience: courses equivalent to a major in economics, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
To qualify for pay band 4b you must also meet the following:
Have at least one year of specialized experience relevant to the position duties and comparable to the MCC Pay Band 4c (GS-11) or an equivalent level which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, this experience is defined as; conducting economic research and data analysis on issues related to economic development, compact development or implementation programs/projects; and experience preparing background briefings, analyses, recommendations and summary reports for use at meetings, external events, and other forums. Note: This experience MUST be well documented within your resume or application.
To qualify for pay band 4a, you must also meet the following:
Have at least one year of specialized experience relevant to the position duties and comparable to the MCC Pay Band 4b (GS-12) or an equivalent level which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, this experience is defined as; conducting economic research and data analysis (ex. constraints analysis, economic rate of return analysis, beneficiary analysis, monitoring and impact evaluation) in support of compact development or implementation programs/projects; and experience preparing technical analyses, recommendations, policies and summary reports for use at meetings, external events, and other forums. Note: This experience MUST be well documented within your resume or application.
Highly Desirable: Understanding of and experience in using the Highway Development and Maintenance Management System (HDM-IV) model and transport/infrastructure economics
Highly Desirable: Master's degree (Economics or Public Policy)
Applicants are strongly encouraged to ensure the work history portion thoroughly documents the duties, responsibilities, and accomplishments that are directly related to this position in order to verify specialized experience.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. To receive credit you must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours worked per week.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Other benefits: Convenient location to metro, eligibility to join State Department Federal Credit Union, flexible work schedule and free use of an on-site gym and locker room with shower facility.
- "The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower level, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position."
- Qualifications by Closing Date: You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement. Please note that qualification claims will be subject to verification.
- Pay: Your pay will be set within the range specified in this vacancy announcement and will be based on your qualifications, education, experience, training, and availability of funds.
- Promotion Potential: If the position is advertised with promotion potential, the selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower pay band level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level, nor is the promise of promotion implied.
- DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/ application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination.
- Selectee may be required to complete a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Form (OGE 450).
How You Will Be Evaluated
A review of your application and supporting documents will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for the position and to ensure that you have been placed in the appropriate quality category. The HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME)will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities related to the position such as
- Technical Competence
You will be evaluated based on Category Rating procedures. Based on the information you provided in your application package, you will be placed in one of three quality categories - Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Those applicants who are determined to be best qualified will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and may be called for an interview.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience your category can and will be adjusted to more reflect your abilities, and you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Application of veteran's Preference: Category rating and selection procedures place those with veteran's preference above non-preference eligible within each category. Veterans who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements and who have compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent are listed in highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher. http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#GS-PROF-OCCUPATIONS
The following documents must be received by the closing date of this announcement:
- Resume - Applicants MUST utilize resumes created using the USAJOBS-formatted Resume Builder (https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/account/documents/resume/build/
- Responses to Occupational Questionnaire
- Unofficial college transcripts - if the position has an education requirement or if you are using education to qualify "Unofficial" transcripts are acceptable. If selected for the position, prior to your appointment, an official transcript will be required.
- If you are displaced Federal employee, you may be entitled to receive special priority consideration under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) or Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP). View information about ICTAP eligibility on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. To be considered eligible under ICTAP or CTAP, you must be placed in the "well-qualified" category for this position, as described above.
- Veterans Preference documentation (DD-214 - member 4 copy or other copies that indicate character of discharge or equivalent, SF-15 and VA Letter as appropriate) to validate your claim. For more information regarding eligibility requirements, please go to: www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
- If you are eligible for Special Appointment eligibility (e.g., 30% compensable veteran, individuals with disabilities, former Peace Corps or other noncompetitive eligibility candidates.) requires submission of supporting documentation. For more information visit: http://www.opm.gov/employ/students/fedhire.asp#authorities, http://www.usajobs.gov/ei/individualswithdisabilities.asp,http://www.opm.gov/disability
How to Apply
Candidates MUST use USAJOBS-formatted resume using Resume Builder to apply to this position and to ensure that you have submitted a complete application. For tips on preparing your resume see: (https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/faq/application/documents/resume/what-to-include/).
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Once your application is ready, you'll be sent from USAJOBS to the application system. Follow the prompts to complete your application and the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure that you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
Note: To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account at www.usajobs, select Application Status, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following MCC-1050097519-44-DPE-DE . Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 06/05/2019.
If you cannot apply online:
- Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire http://www.opm.gov./forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf and
- Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documentations to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
Agency contact information
AddressDPE - Economic Analysis
1099 - 14th St, NW
Washington, DC 20005
Whether you are new to the Federal Government or an experienced professional seeking a career change, visit our Website at http://www.mcc.gov to see the kinds of dynamic projects our staff are undertaking. If you want a career where you can see the difference your work makes, then join the Millennium Challenge Corporation!
Our model is defined by principles of selectivity, country ownership, transparency, and a focus on results. Our values identify who we are and what is important to us. MCC's values are CLEAR - Collaboration, Learning, Excellence, Accountability and Respect. We recruit staff that will embody and uphold these values.
Visit our careers page
Learn more about what it's like to work at Millennium Challenge Corporation, what the agency does, and about the types of careers this agency offers.
Upon receipt of the online questionnaire, you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. We will assess your experience and transcript(s) (if appropriate), identify the best-qualified applicants, and refer those applications to the hiring manager for further consideration and interview. We will notify you by email after each of these steps has been completed. We expect to make a final job offer within 40 days after the deadline for applications.
By submitting your application, you are certifying the accuracy of the information contained in your application. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be terminated after you begin work.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533490200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.